Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's agent talk saying he's available for a big move imo

Depends where Chelsea see ziyech playing but they have him, pulisic, Hudson odoi already, £30m and he'd be a rotation player 

Could be, but now a lot of teams will be looking at him. I just hope we can stay up. Then see how can we improve our team.

Depends where Chelsea see ziyech playing but they have him, pulisic, Hudson odoi already, £30m and he'd be a rotation player 

Could be, but now a lot of teams will be looking at him. I just hope we can stay up. Then see how can we improve our team.

22 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes. Being linked with a club must mean exactly that. 

It will be hard to get him anyway, but for Chelsea to be linked with him, it’s an indication that more clubs will be trying to sign him. Won’t be as easy as it would have been when he was injured last season. This guy would have been the difference this season.

23 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Benrahma is linked with Chelsea! We’ve definitely mistaken by not getting him last season.

Take that with a bucket of salt,a players values is going to be a big issue in the coming months.He is a fantastic player and has a few years left on his contract so he comes with a high price tag 30 mill + I heard is our valuation.We are still in with a shout of promotion so this attention won’t be welcome.

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Take that with a bucket of salt,a players values is going to be a big issue in the coming months.He is a fantastic player and has a few years left on his contract so he comes with a high price tag 30 mill + I heard is our valuation.We are still in with a shout of promotion so this attention won’t be welcome.

Do you think he’s good enough for Chelsea?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you think he’s good enough for Chelsea?

Honestly don’t know ,players have a history of leaving us over the last few years and fail to live up to expectations.Think Mbeumo is a better prospect and will end up as a top PL player 

• Thanks 1

If Chelsea go for Benrahma (I doubt they will) it will be as a rotation or squad option, not as someone they expect to go straight into the team.

2 hours ago, sne said:

If Chelsea go for Benrahma (I doubt they will) it will be as a rotation or squad option, not as someone they expect to go straight into the team.

Wouldn't be a great move for him now, in my opinion. If he is to move, I would think that a move to a club where he would get more games would be better, so that he could continue to develop as a player for a bit. I guess the lure of a big club and a hefty salary increase, tends to outweigh any other considerations though, should they want him.

3 hours ago, sne said:

They'll buy him, bench him for about 4 months and then he'll be loaned out for the next 2-3 years.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll buy him, bench him for about 4 months and then he'll be loaned out for the next 2-3 years.

nah the PL will make it 11 on the bench and 5 subs so Chelsea don't have to feel guilty about player hoarding any more

For me, this Summer’s transfer activity is vital for the club as always, we need to go all out for me. Obviously, we need to have a strategy, rather than just spending for the sake of it. It is imperative for the club that we stay in the Premier League but if the worst happens and we do get relegated, I’d back Smith to bring us straight back up, that’s the worst case scenario. For me, we need to stick with Smith whatever happens, chopping and changing manager doesn’t help anyone

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

I also think loans out are limited by FIFA from next season

I think loan to buys will be the main type of transfer,  maybe FIFA will say it's ok to have as many as you want if you agreed a fee for the end of it rather than just stockpiling young players for years.

55 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think loan to buys will be the main type of transfer,  maybe FIFA will say it's ok to have as many as you want if you agreed a fee for the end of it rather than just stockpiling young players for years.

I'm thinking there maybe more player trades this summer and maybe not just a two team trade, that maybe three teams maybe involved.  It's a more complex structure but financially could get around FFP especially around bigger fee players.  I'm surprised I havent seen it before in footy because I've seen it work well in other sports and I had been talking about it not so long ago and then seen the article/rumour that Barca and Juve were looking at doing something like that this summer over a group of named players. It's a good idea if it benefits both/all teams.  I know this can be seen one team getting the player they want and offloading players they dont with just a bit of cash but I'm talking about proper player exchanges.  Like Pogba for Sancho (not going to happen because Dortmund arent interested as far as I'm aware in Pogba) but both teams do well out of it but also have to take a bit of pain.

Not sure the agents will be pleased unless there are huge sums of money (that the clubs don't actually have) exchanged.

Sure they will get their cut in player exchanges too but will it be as much and will they accept it?

• Like 1