Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 hours ago, sne said:

But I imagine Brentford just like most others clubs had not factored in Corona when they budgeted for this season.

A lot of clubs will be hemorrhaging money and some will be forced to sell players just to stay afloat.

Not saying you will but everything has changed now, who knows.

We all agree that Covid 19 has changed the world's stage, and a few clubs might well go close to even closing down, but I think we are in a fairly strong position given our player sales revenue these past 2 seasons, but it still could be tight.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone know if Sunjic has been any good at SHA? He's a DLP so perhaps someone we can get on the relative cheap. Only 23, lots of caps for Croatia under 21s and 1 for the senior team although would be another development signing.

Strikes me as a better deal than Jude Bellingham.

He cost the noses £7.2mil last summer from Dinamo Zagreb. Their record signing @VillaChris

Sunjic is good.. Not a bad prospect but Jude Bellingham is much, much better. Seriously trust me on that one.....

Bigger potential, better attitude, better all round skill-set and talent that kid is going to the very top.

The noses two best player's they have  are:- Jude Bellingham & Jeremie Bela  (A very good French Winger they got on free transfer last Nov from Spanish club Albacete)

Sunjic is their third best  player in my opinion. (Hogan don''t count as he's on our player currently on loan there)

Edited by Villan4Life

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Brentford have let some of their scouts go, Only few of the other scout's are being kept on.

Cut back's even for them currently as i know a few that have been on 1 year contracts

Wow, that's news to me, have you got a link on that one?, the last I heard is they employed 2 new Scandinavian ones that will also cover Iceland & Finland as well, as well as another one for parts of South America, and this was only last week.

12 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Wow, that's news to me, have you got a link on that one?, the last I heard is they employed 2 new Scandinavian ones that will also cover Iceland & Finland as well, as well as another one for parts of South America, and this was only last week.

I’ll inbox you.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He cost the noses £7.2mil last summer from Dinamo Zagreb. Their record signing @VillaChris

Sunjic is good.. Not a bad prospect but Jude Bellingham is much, much better. Seriously trust me on that one.....

Bigger potential, better attitude, better all round skill-set and talent that kid is going to the very top.

The noses two best player's they have  are:- Jude Bellingham & Jeremie Bela  (A very good French Winger they got on free transfer last Nov from Spanish club Albacete)

Sunjic is their third best  player in my opinion. (Hogan don''t count as he's on our player currently on loan there)

Is Jude Bellingham the one that Man Ure were reportedly sniffing around?

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is Jude Bellingham the one that Man Ure were reportedly sniffing around?

Yeah, supposedly valued at £30m now

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Boumasbabies said:

Buendia, Billing, Benrahma, Duffy

Sure you don't want Dan Burn instead? Just to make it more uniform :D 

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Sure you don't want Dan Burn instead? Just to make it more uniform :D 

I thought was a typo and he wanted to bring in Buffy, she is great with crosses and has great volley techniques like Zlatan

Buffy cross vampire Blank Template - Imgflip

Kitty Pryde | borg

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, picicata said:

Not really 😂 just hating on football at the moment and all the fannies involved in it! 

**** 'em all

Have you left anyone out?😀

On 31/05/2020 at 22:57, jonjon said:

We all agree that Covid 19 has changed the world's stage, and a few clubs might well go close to even closing down, but I think we are in a fairly strong position given our player sales revenue these past 2 seasons, but it still could be tight.

Player sales revenue the past two seasons, I dont know about you but weve been selling penny chews out of the Villa store because we have not sold much that made us any money off player sales.

Were that bad in player sales revenue that weve goe the shoe shiners and pick pockets back on the streets of Birmingham.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought was a typo and he wanted to bring in Buffy, she is great with crosses and has great volley techniques like Zlatan

Buffy cross vampire Blank Template - Imgflip

Kitty Pryde | borg

Dont cus theres discussion before corona that Buffy was returning.

Over recent days, I've heard talk of several players whose contracts expire at the end of the season. One of these, Lyle Taylor is not playing out Charlton's remaining games. Mario Gotze, Cavani and Willian will be off to new clubs soon.

Jeff Hendrick, Nathaniel Clyne, Adam Lallana and Matthew Longstaff, have yet to agree another contract. Does anyone think we should consider going for any of these four? I wouldn't say no to Gotze myself. :) 

27 minutes ago, John said:

Over recent days, I've heard talk of several players whose contracts expire at the end of the season. One of these, Lyle Taylor is not playing out Charlton's remaining games. Mario Gotze, Cavani and Willian will be off to new clubs soon.

Jeff Hendrick, Nathaniel Clyne, Adam Lallana and Matthew Longstaff, have yet to agree another contract. Does anyone think we should consider going for any of these four? I wouldn't say no to Gotze myself. :) 

I’d take any of those players

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 13:41, jonjon said:

Now also linked with Newcastle and another French club, any movement with Benrahma is dependent on where we finally finishes at the end, we get promoted, he stays, we stay in the Championship and he will more than likely be off, But he won't be cheap though, we actually made a £20 million profit last season, and that was without the sale of Maupay and four other players to a total of approx £40 million,  we stand to make more profit again when next years finances are revealed, so we are not desperate to sell, especially on the cheap, As with Maupay we will manage without Benrahma as we have other players in waiting to take his place, that is how we operate.

Great business model, but i'm wondering if this ever gets frustrating for fans?

You will almost never get the feeling of attachment to a player, a "one of our own" etc.

I understand the business but not sure if i'd like that.

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Great business model, but i'm wondering if this ever gets frustrating for fans?

You will almost never get the feeling of attachment to a player, a "one of our own" etc.

I understand the business but not sure if i'd like that.

Well Rico Henry has been there since 2016, Ollie Watkins and Dalsgaard 2017....probably similar squad turnover to us.

• Thanks 1