Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We’ve been linked with Milot Rashica again on skysports.com/football, it just won’t go away, rumoured price tag of £30m. It also says that Brighton, West Ham and Wolves want him too according to the article. He looks very good on YouTube

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Bremen are playing on Monday night I think so good chance to watch him. I saw a Bremen game before the break and can't say he stood out but respect he seems an up and coming player.

Would love to show a little more ambition and go for someone like Leon Bailey but guess he's a little above our pay grade. Same for the Leipzig guys I mentioned last week.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bremen are playing on Monday night I think so good chance to watch him. I saw a Bremen game before the break and can't say he stood out but respect he seems an up and coming player.

Would love to show a little more ambition and go for someone like Leon Bailey but guess he's a little above our pay grade. Same for the Leipzig guys I mentioned last week.

Bailey isnt a regular starter anymore for Leverkusen, a friend saw him live last season and said was one of worst live players he ever seen.

Problem with these signings is we need to get them before they go these clubs. Teams like Celtic or RB Salzburg are good at picking these players up so we should be looking at similar models to them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bailey isnt a regular starter anymore for Leverkusen, a friend saw him live last season and said was one of worst live players he ever seen.

Problem with these signings is we need to get them before they go these clubs. Teams like Celtic or RB Salzburg are good at picking these players up so we should be looking at similar models to them

Yeah he's more of an impact sub these days there. Still scored a brace away to Bayern Munich, Dortmund when he came on as a sub in the 4-3 win (one of the games of the season in any league) and also v Rangers in the europa.

Seems he still gets linked to Chelsea although that's a lazy link as I think they'll seriously go in for Sancho.

To me he's the sort who's stock has lowered a bit so wondering if he could try to get him. Bit like Felipe Anderson being linked to Man. United for a year, it dosen't happen and then two years later West Ham sign him.

Bailey is still rapid and can score goals so I'd still be pretty confident he's an upgrade on the others we have.

Leverkusen are actually one of those clubs who have fantastic scouting and pick up promising players, usually get good ones from South America like Alario and Paulinho in their current team.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah he's more of an impact sub these days there. Still scored a brace away to Bayern Munich, Dortmund when he came on as a sub in the 4-3 win (one of the games of the season in any league) and also v Rangers in the europa.

Seems he still gets linked to Chelsea although that's a lazy link as I think they'll seriously go in for Sancho.

To me he's the sort who's stock has lowered a bit so wondering if he could try to get him. Bit like Felipe Anderson being linked to Man. United for a year, it dosen't happen and then two years later West Ham sign him.

Bailey is still rapid and can score goals so I'd still be pretty confident he's an upgrade on the others we have.

Leverkusen are actually one of those clubs who have fantastic scouting and pick up promising players, usually get good ones from South America like Alario and Paulinho in their current team.

I would much prefer Rashica. I have only seen Bailey play twice and he was awful in both (so it’s not a completely fair assessment from me) but I have seen rashica play about 6-7 games and he has been outstanding. He is fast, scores and gets assist and can take set pieces. His stats are also better than baileys this season and he is in a relegation battle. I also think Rashica would be the cheaper of the 2

53 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I would much prefer Rashica. I have only seen Bailey play twice and he was awful in both (so it’s not a completely fair assessment from me) but I have seen rashica play about 6-7 games and he has been outstanding. He is fast, scores and gets assist and can take set pieces. His stats are also better than baileys this season and he is in a relegation battle. I also think Rashica would be the cheaper of the 2

Rumoured price tag of £33m for Rashica

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve been linked with Milot Rashica again on skysports.com/football, it just won’t go away, rumoured price tag of £30m. It also says that Brighton, West Ham and Wolves want him too according to the article. He looks very good on YouTube

Wont come to us then will he.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Why not? Wolves currently have Adama Traore playing where Rashica plays so they probably don’t need him. If we stay up, we can beat off competition from Brighton and West Ham. We have to show ambition!

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not? Wolves currently have Adama Traore playing where Rashica plays so they probably don’t need him. If we stay up, we can beat off competition from Brighton and West Ham. We have to show ambition!

We dont even know if we will be in this league next season.

I agree if we stay up, but at the moment that certainly up in the air.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We dont even know if we will be in this league next season.

I agree if we stay up, but at the moment that certainly up in the air.

We've got a very tough schedule.

There aren't a whole lot of winnable games so we'll probably are gonna have to pick up some unexpected results in order to stay up.

5 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I think that’s about the right price mate but it doesn’t hurt to go in with a cheeky offer to start negotiations

I agree but it’ll probably be rebuffed, have you seen Rashica play?

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is he good?

He's been one of very few highlights in a pathetic Werder Bremen this season.

He's pretty versatile and can play anywhere in the attacking line but I think LW would be his usual position.

Good pace, explosive, agile, good with the ball, tricky and a solid shot and cross. Only seen him maybe 10 or so times over 2 seasons so not enough to really judge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

He's been one of very few highlights in a pathetic Werder Bremen this season.

He's pretty versatile and can play anywhere in the attacking line but I think LW would be his usual position.

Good pace, explosive, agile, good with the ball, tricky and a solid shot and cross. Only seen him maybe 10 or so times over 2 seasons so not enough to really judge.

Perfect summary of him mate

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

All teams mentioned have plenty of wide players, West Ham got Snodgrass, Yarmolenko, Lanzini and Felipe Anderson for example. Brighton got that Leandro Tossard who people were going mad about last summer but really hasn't done much this season, the Iranian guy and also Jose Izquierdo who seems to have been injured for two years.

I'd say our need is greater than those teams. Probably within next 12 months we we will be signing a player for over 30m if we stay up.

Edited by VillaChris

We have the ambitious owners and wealth behind us so there is no reason we shouldn’t be In the mix for players of Rashica calibre. Whether they will join us another question. 

• Like 1