Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would anyone take Hamza Choudhury from Leicester City? I don’t think he is going to get in their team ahead of Tielemans, I think Choudhury is excellent but he needs games to showcase his talents

The verdict is still open on Hamza, he doesn't get to play a lot & when he does he is sometimes a little too enthusiastic with his tackles. I believe there is a very good player there but being behind Wilfred Ndidi I can't see him getting many opportunities. I doubt that Leicester would want to sell him as he is a great insurance policy for defensive midfield and he is one for the future.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Which shit strikers are you referring to ?

Since winning the league perez, iheanacho, musa, slimani for £100m and vardy is still head and shoulders above all of them

Then add in ward, iborra, ghezzal and adrien... Leicester hit rate isn't that good

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Since winning the league perez, iheanacho, musa, slimani for £100m and vardy is still head and shoulders above all of them

Then add in ward, iborra, ghezzal and adrien... Leicester hit rate isn't that good

Musa & Slimani for sure.  Perez & Iheanacho too soon to say.

Ward is stuck behind Schmiechel  but has looked good in the cups

Iborra, Ghezzai & Adrien I agree

Soyuncu, Ndidi, Kante, Mahrez, Maguire, Albrighton, Evans, Justin, Perriera, Praett, Madisson, Tielemans all huge successes !

Edited by gurru991
puncuation

Seen West Brom been linked with 18m bid for Fenerbache striker Muriqi if they actually get promoted. Only 26 and has had a pretty good record in Turkish league over last couple of seasons. Also from memory played well and scored for Kosovo v England last year.

I was going to say a new striker isn't a huge priority for me but we're only one Davis injury away from just having Samatta so seems to me a target that would fit into our range.

What this news I'm seeing saying reports that we've offered 10 million for Maxine Lopez.

Here's abit of what HITC football wrote whether true or not sounds interesting at least: 

The 22-year-old lets his football do the talking and, on the pitch, he has been transformed from a budding number ten into a deep-lying play-maker capable of controlling the tempo of the game.

link: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/12/after-reported-10m-aston-villa-bid-player-could-leave-this-summer/

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

Nothing against the transfer but isnt Lopez tiny. The usual brigade of wanting big players in midfield be out complaining though he fits the Deano type player

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

What this news I'm seeing saying reports that we've offered 10 million for Maxine Lopez.

Here's abit of what HITC football wrote whether true or not sounds interesting at least: 

The 22-year-old lets his football do the talking and, on the pitch, he has been transformed from a budding number ten into a deep-lying play-maker capable of controlling the tempo of the game.

link: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/12/after-reported-10m-aston-villa-bid-player-could-leave-this-summer/

He looks tiny though, and one of our biggest problems IMO is that alot of our players are too small.

Gutted Leicester look like they will get Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic. Desperately wanted him here last summer. Not knowing what division we will be in just like last summer must be a right pain in terms of planning and what with everything else  going on. 

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Gutted Leicester look like they will get Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic. Desperately wanted him here last summer. Not knowing what division we will be in just like last summer must be a right pain in terms of planning and what with everything else  going on. 

I have no idea how transfers will work this Summer but if the season is still ongoing while the transfer window is open players will not want to go to a club that is in a relegation battle. 

57 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I have no idea how transfers will work this Summer but if the season is still ongoing while the transfer window is open players will not want to go to a club that is in a relegation battle. 

We managed to sign Darren Bent all those years ago, we offered Sunderland an awful lot of money for him. It was our transfer record at the time. If we offer a player enough money in wages and transfer fee but don’t upset the rest of the squad at the same time. We need to stay up first, I have faith in the squad and manager

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Unless they change the rules clubs can sign players, they just won’t be able to register them to play.

Players sign for clubs in relegation battles every January, besides the window isn't going to open before this season is sorted out one way or the other.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unless they change the rules clubs can sign players, they just won’t be able to register them to play.

But would a player sign for a club that was in a relegation battle.

Normally relegation, champions league and europe have been decided before the transfer window.

Edited by gurru991

3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

But would a player sign for a club that was in a relegation battle.

Normally relegation, champions league and europe have been decided before the transfer window.

Sorry, I’d misunderstood; I see what you were getting at now. You’re right, the uncertainty makes it nigh on impossible for clubs and players to make any plans at all.

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Dosen't bother me, said before but Mings would be a decent target there as left footed competition for Jonny Evans and if they played lots more games next season through being in CL (which is pretty unlikely now). Certainly can't see any other top 6-7 team being interested in him.