Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Adam Webster who went from Bristol City to Brighton, I’ve only seen him a few times on tv. I thought he was excellent at Villa Park for Brighton

£20 mil for him , so with our budget he was him or Mings.

If not for his history with us Delph for 7 mil in Summer would of been a good option , plenty of Exp in PL. I would have taken Mooy from Huddersfield , and loaned  Harry Wilson 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

£20 mil for him , so with our budget he was him or Mings.

If not for his history with us Delph for 7 mil in Summer would of been a good option , plenty of Exp in PL. I would have taken Mooy from Huddersfield , and loaned  Harry Wilson 

I think we wanted both Mings and Webster, they play on opposite sides, if I remember rightly we had a bid rejected for Webster. I agree with the rest of your post

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we wanted both Mings and Webster, they play on opposite sides, if I remember rightly we had a bid rejected for Webster. I agree with the rest of your post

Yeah we may have wanted both but once Bournemouth demanded so much for Mings we had to adjust.We probably offered 10 mil for Webster and walked away when they wanted 20 but say we had paid then your talking almost 50 mil on 2 cbs who had with no PL exp or very little in Mings case ..thats the madness of the PL.

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Yeah we may have wanted both but once Bournemouth demanded so much for Mings we had to adjust.We probably offered 10 mil for Webster and walked away when they wanted 20 but say we had paid then your talking almost 50 mil on 2 cbs who had with no PL exp or very little in Mings case ..thats the madness of the PL.

That’s today’s market for you

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I've watched Kalvin Phillips much more this year. He's a pretty decent DM but it's stretching it a bit to think he could've transformed us like Ngolo Kante did for Leicester.

Maupay did well for Brighton up to xmas and the had fizzled out since then. Often quoted on here he hasn't scored much more than Wesley.

Benrahama is pretty skilful but we've seen before those types struggle at higher levels. Whenever I see him I think of Adel Taarabt who really struggled in premier league for QPR.

If those were our top 3 summer targets I'm struggling to see how much more we'd have had to bring in 3-4 good experienced solid pros unless it would've just been free transfers like Cahill would've been.

Perhaps we wanted to sign them instead of the likes of Jota but he actually came in right at the start of the transfer window, we signed him second week of June.

Phillips is ridiculously overhyped and they way people go on you would think he is Keane, Scholes and Lampard all rolled into onel.

As for Maupay well I think long term Wesley is a much better player, Maupay runs about a lot but he isnt great. Weimann was a more effective forward than him

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

That’s today’s market for you

Indeed and if we had come up with the majority of the squad that got us promoted we could of taken that hit on 4/5 players but we needed a full rebuild.If we had owned Mings and AEG thats 35 mil or so we wouldn't of had to spend or in todays market one Kalvin Phillips.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I think its tough for teams going up to get in PL exp or even oversea's .

I think Cahill was the CB we wanted but he didn't want to leave London other than him I am struggling to think of a CB that moved in Summer we could of gotten.

Probably being naive but I was  expecting a Wolves style window when we came up, do we have to wait until we get into bed with a devil superagent before that happens.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Probably being naive but I was  expecting a Wolves style window when we came up, do we have to wait until we get into bed with a devil superagent before that happens.

Well someone like Moutinho for 5mil is exactly what we needed 

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Adam Webster who went from Bristol City to Brighton, I’ve only seen him a few times on tv. I thought he was excellent at Villa Park for Brighton

Oh Webster, how I'd love him in a Villa shirt so yeah I agree on this. Webster doesn't half give team the running when hes ready and he comes out of no where as well, sometimes it's crazy the positions he can get into.

Buy for me..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was never going to happen,  is only about 5 superagents in the world and some of them don't go for younger up and coming talent like Mendes

Wolves were also pretty much promoted in mid-March while we were promoted late May, was such a big problem especially with a small summer window

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Oh Webster, how I'd love him in a Villa shirt so yeah I agree on this. Webster doesn't half give team the running when hes ready and he comes out of no where as well, sometimes it's crazy the positions he can get into.

Buy for me..

Duffy would be a better pick up imo for what we need. Nothing fancy but will head and kick things away in no nonsense fashion and has good level of experience for ROI aswell. Still only 28. Would get him for way less than Webster considering he's not an automatic starter for them anymore with the former change.

Him or Craig Dawson. They're not world beaters but they'd make us tougher to score against and that would help us move up a few places and slowly improve.

I'd try to sign either if we got relegated, similar to when we picked up James Chester.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Duffy would be a better pick up imo for what we need. Nothing fancy but will head and kick things away in no nonsense fashion and has good level of experience for ROI aswell. Still only 28. Would get him for way less than Webster considering he's not an automatic starter for them anymore with the former change.

Him or Craig Dawson. They're not world beaters but they'd make us tougher to score against and that would help us move up a few places and slowly improve.

I'd try to sign either if we got relegated, similar to when we picked up James Chester.

I don't see why not try buy both Webster and Duffy, wouldn't you like to see them both in a Villa shirt??

Remind me again but is Duffy the one with the proper bald head?? Think I maybe thinking of someone else, If so yeah he's a good damn player.

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I don't see why not try buy both Webster and Duffy, wouldn't you like to see them both in a Villa shirt??

Brighton will want stupid money for Webster and can't say he strikes me as a must have CB from what I've seen.

We need more experience at CB so given Duffy is international and played in premier league for a decent number of seasons he fits the criteria for what we need in the short term.

Can still have Engles and Konsa as back up and playing in the cups and when we get injuries (or move to back 3). Hause will probably be moved back down to the championship.

I quite like Webster but I can see why he was too expensive for us after we signed Mings, who I prefer anyway if I had to choose.  He would be even more expensive now.  I reckon Axel on a loan to buy is a goer though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I quite like Webster but I can see why he was too expensive for us after we signed Mings, who I prefer anyway if I had to choose.  He would be even more expensive now.  I reckon Axel on a loan to buy is a goer though.

I hate it when fans call players by their first name be it Jack, Axel whoever. I think that Tuanzebe would be great for us though 

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I hate it when fans call players by their first name be it Jack, Axel whoever. I think that Tuanzebe would be great for us though 

How much alcohol have you drunk today SGC?  :D

Who gives a Buster Gonad's.... whether someone refer's to a player's  forname or surname on here.

First world problem's and all that.  UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that Tuanzebe would be great for us though 

You mean Axel 😂

That's like calling someone something and taking the Mickey, instead of calling them (dik head), it's now just (head)..

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

How much alcohol have you drunk today SGC?  :D

Who gives a Buster Gonad's.... whether someone refer's to a player's  forname or surname on here.

First world problem's and all that.  UTV

Buster Gonad's 😂😂😂

• Haha 1