Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Benrahma also had quite a bad ankle injury during the summer window from what I remember.  I'm sure we would have enquired about him, same with Maupay.

Should of Got them both here, many of us have said what a mistake we made by making some of the signings we have, yet we made just as much of a big mistake by not bringing certain players that would of fit the build were trying to make.

Maupay is a fast, aggressive always on the go player, but we went for Wesley who is slow and holds up the ball for way to long that he doesnt fit nearly as much as Maupay would of. Arnt we sposed to play fast, explosive, keep the ball moving while keeping possession football, if anything by the Wesley signing, i dont know what we were trying to accomplish by bringing in slow approach players.

Benrahma is another example, hes creative, skillful, sets the field alight and players are cautious of him as he takes them by surprise, what do we do?? We go buy someone who we've not even heard of. Did we even study Trez apart from Smith saying he'd watched him for along time? Did we watch him and other players to the point we had enough info on them or was it a quick few games assessment?? Then we find out that Trezeguet is not as fast as he was made out to be, certainly not as skillful, he has heart yes and doesnt stop, but at this level you need it all.

Ghazi is another player, at five million he was looking to be a steal, we buy him and that five million a steal is looking like we wasted five million or whatever it is we paid for him finally.That money would and could of been better spent bringing in someone from the championship on someone that was playing first team football who knew what they were doing and never gave up. 

There have been some serious mistakes regarding transfers, it seems to be that we still have not learnt. I'm concerned that if we do sell Grealish that we wont even invest that money weve obtained from his sale wisely. Let's put it like this, who out there could even replace grealish with the 80 million we would have to spend, I cant even answer that one, especially how we would want that someone to be younger than what Jack is now.

Our scouts on the next wave of transfers seriously need to get there act together, we need reinforcements not a selection of of Turkeys.

• Like 2

My John Swift (Reading Suggestion) from 2016 on here after he did very well at Brentford (On Loan) from Chelsea they then released him and John has shone for Reading this last few seasons after arriving as a free agent.

Has 10 goals and 5 assists for Reading this season in 31 games and is only 24 years old. Box to Box Midfielder with lots of energy. I really rate him.

John Terry would also know him from when Swift was a trainee at Chelsea.

Worth looking into he would offer more than likes of Henri Lansbury for nowhere near the wages Henri is on.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I don't know about poaching but.

Eberechi Eze (QPR) should have gone for him last summer and should have gone all out to buy him instead of Trez. We probably could have got Eze for around £8mil mark last summer too.

That lad has so much potential i have watched him lot the last few season's he's a talent.. I actually suggested him to Stuttgart as player to look out for over 18 months ago.

and he is highest performer in Championship this season (Offensive Players) with 12 goals and 8 assists in 37 games.

Benrahma is 2nd in the stats table with 10 goals and 7 assists in 30 games in championship.

Now QPR would want least £15mil+

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7840/Stages/17629/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020

I think there would be major competition for him, I’ve only seen highlights on Quest but he looks immense 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

My John Swift (Reading Suggestion) from 2016 on here after he did very well at Brentford (On Loan) from Chelsea they then released him and John has shone for Reading this last few seasons after arriving as a free agent.

Has 10 goals and 5 assists for Reading this season in 31 games and is only 24 years old. Box to Box Midfielder with lots of energy. I really rate him.

John Terry would also know him from when Swift was a trainee at Chelsea.

Worth looking into he would offer more than likes of Henri Lansbury for nowhere near the wages Henri is on.

Another good shout, there is a lot of talent in The Championship and below

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think there would be major competition for him, I’ve only seen highlights on Quest but he looks immense 

Trust me Sir.. In my opinion...  we should have been for him least 2 seasons ago.

Edited by Villan4Life

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think list B will be longer than list A - if we stay up we need five or six and if we go down, we'll lose five or six before we even start looking at additions. 

I don't think we will lose that many if we go down, Jack is most likely to go regardless but we are fairly fortunate we don't need to sell players.

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I don't think we will lose that many if we go down, Jack is most likely to go regardless but we are fairly fortunate we don't need to sell players.

I think if we go down, Mings, McGinn, possibly Targett, Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet and maybe Samatta and Wesley will want to go. Reina, Baston and Drinkwater will go back to wherever and on top of that, ideally you'd want to be looking to replace Taylor, Elmohamady, Lansbury and Jota.

I think we still underestimate the degree to which we were an incomplete club when we came up from the Championship - we're still short of having a squad with the quality or depth required. People concentrate on how much we spent last summer, but miss the point of how little we had to start with - we're still not there.

• Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gollini-aston-villa-transfer-news-18314188

Aston Villa have learned how much it would cost to bring Pierluigi Gollini back to the club, according to reports.

The goalkeeper joined Villa in 2016 to become one of the first signings of the Dr Tony Xia era.

He was snapped up by compatriot Roberto Di Matteo but his Villa career quickly unravelled after Xia sacked the manager in October.

Steve Bruce was appointed and Gollini struggled to win his new boss over before a replacement was sought in January 2017, with Sam Johnstone arriving on loan from Manchester United.

Gollini was sent on loan to Atalanta and has firmly established himself as the Serie A side's number one having had his move made permanent for £4million two years ago.

He has been linked with a return to B6 in recent months, several outlets in Italy claiming Dean Smith's side hold an interest ahead of the next transfer window.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italy international will cost 25m euros (£22m) this summer. The report names Villa as a potential destination as well as Tottenham.

In an Instagram Q&A earlier this month, the 25-year-old was asked about his time at Villa.

“It's a great club,” he said. “Things did not go as I hoped. Then came Atalanta. At the beginning I didn't play much (but) I always believed in my choice.

"There was a moment when I wanted to go away from Atalanta. I was close to joining SPAL and, when I wasn't playing, I was going to the Bundesliga. But I stayed.”

Villa have three senior stoppers on their books at the moment - Tom Heaton, Orjan Nyland and Lovre Kalinic - as well as loanee Pepe Reina.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Villa have three senior stoppers on their books at the moment - Tom Heaton, Orjan Nyland and Lovre Kalinic - as well as loanee Pepe Reina.

Bit harsh to for them to forget Steer! The keeper who got us to this league in the first place! 

• Like 2

I think the pre-season will be about 3 weeks from ending this season and starting next, the play off winners will be **** completely. It will be too small a time for it being a big window, a lot of January type panic buys

I think the last thing we need is another goalkeeper. What a strange article, is it just to point out that we sold a young, unproven goalkeeper for £4m who could now be worth £22? Good old Birmingham mail, always got their fingers on the pulse.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think the last thing we need is another goalkeeper. What a strange article, is it just to point out that we sold a young, unproven goalkeeper for £4m who could now be worth £22? Good old Birmingham mail, always got their fingers on the pulse.

They've been trying to push this nonsense for a couple of months now, the Birmingham Fail.

Even AFTER Gollini, in a follow up interview to these reports, basically came out and said how much he hated it both in England, and at the club ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's talk of keeping the summer window open to the end of October - a bit of a throwback to the times when players would arrive halfway through a season.

I bet they do that. I don’t see why they don’t just keep it as it is though, as most of the deals get done the week or two before it closes anyway, so why bother. I think keeping it open would massively benefit the richer clubs/top of the league, as they then have even more ability to cherry pick players and unsettle squads.

20 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I don't know about poaching but.

Eberechi Eze (QPR) should have gone for him last summer and should have gone all out to buy him instead of Trez. We probably could have got Eze for around £8mil mark last summer too.

That lad has so much potential i have watched him lot the last few season's he's a talent.. I actually suggested him to Stuttgart as player to look out for over 18 months ago.

and he is highest performer in Championship this season (Offensive Players) with 12 goals and 8 assists in 37 games.

Benrahma is 2nd in the stats table with 10 goals and 7 assists in 30 games in championship.

Now QPR would want least £15mil+

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7840/Stages/17629/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020

I remember him dismantling us at villa park aided and abetted by matt smith and another foreign midfielder, can't remember his name.

yes ,Eze is a livewire.

• Like 1