Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Ah Gregg Evans.... doesn’t get more reliable than that.... 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, Gregg has probaly scouted through this tread and come up with it. Would love it though, think Weston McKennie would be perfectly suited to the PL and us.

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

When did championship players start commanding these kind of fees?

Feels like it’s erupted in the past 2 or 3 years for some reason.

Its actually ridiculous when you think about it, second tier players going for £20M+

We probably didn't help this with the fees we paid for McCormack, Kodjia and Hogan

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

When did championship players start commanding these kind of fees?

Feels like it’s erupted in the past 2 or 3 years for some reason.

Its actually ridiculous when you think about it, second tier players going for £20M+

A big part of the reason is probably the money we spent on Kodjia, McCormack and Hogan. Then a 20 year old Maddison went to Leicester for about £20m and made the step up with ease.

58 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think it is, considering their age.

Just pay what Brentford want and move on.

Better than stalling and ending up with nothing or going for 3rd and 4th choices.

Benrahma and Watkins will go straight into our first eleven and improve us. I'd say that is worth 55 million.

There is no evidence to say they would improve us.....its all a gamble and 55 mill is a big gamble.......Brentford have won nothing and they are amongst their best players.....it was not long ago 5 mill would have bought the pair.....profit is fair enough, that is extortionate.

its ok gambling on  a low fee or a big fee but as near as hell a certainty......but anything in between is nervy.....They are not certainties.

I suspect Brentford still have an issue with Dean leaving them and that is reflective in the pricing of their players to us......they can do one.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Isn't Wilson a bit soft and weak? Not saying we need a brute playing on the flanks but I'd like some aggression and someone who will help us win back the ball early. I imagine this is why Klopp don't fancy him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve always thought he looked decent 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

So did I watching highlights last year when he was at Derby and MoTD this year...then I watched a few full Bournemouth games. My main worry is I have seen that lots of Bournemouth fans haven't taken to him even though he got decent goal figures. Factoring in the British premium I'd probably still take him for around £10-12m if our management team think there's something to work with.