Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

6’1 and very strong in the air. Just what we need in a DCM. 

Yes we need a bit more presence all over the park. When was the last time we won a premier league game by simply bullying another side, probably have to go back to the MON days.

• Like 1

I certainly think Weston McKennie could be a great addition to our midfield, my only real concern would be his injury history. This past season wasn't quite as bad (looks like only 5 games missed), but in  the prior two seasons he missed closer to 10 games each. That's obviously no reason not to sign him if he has the talent, but could be a worry because we have seen the impact of losing key players for extensive periods (ie McGinn this past season) and getting acclimated to a league could be tough if battling injuries. If we were to sign him, i'd just hope for at least one other decent option to be signed in cm for further competition and then sell off/loan some of those who won't get regular games such as Lansbury. 

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

if you have ambition  thats what you pay 55 mill

Would all depend what our budget is and what we've been quoted for other players I guess. I can see us signing Watkins but passing on Benhrama for £30m or whatever he will cost. Got to be better deals elsewhere for that type of money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Marca reporting that Valencia have to sell Cillessen because he will take up 10% of their total wages next season (plus their owner is strip-mining the squad too). They have him linked going to Ajax and with Pepe Reina going to Valencia in his place.

Could be a bit of roulette going on there as Ajax's very good keeper Onana is linked with Chelsea (to replace Kepa).

I was going to say Cillessen is probably on huge money just because he was Barca's backup keeper and they pay stupid wages but Google reckons he is on £70-80k per week which I reckon should be manageable for us.

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would all depend what our budget is and what we've been quoted for other players I guess. I can see us signing Watkins but passing on Benhrama for £30m or whatever he will cost. Got to be better deals elsewhere for that type of money. 

Plus if we're working within a budget then Watkins is a more versatile player who can fill any of the three attacking positions so I think that would place him as more of a priority than Benrahma.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Smith saying 55 million to much for Rahma and Watkins a d I have to agree. What's annoying is Brentford are asking those prices because they know we are involved and after them, I bet you though if we pull away from wanting to sign them that they will go lower there prices to about 40-45 million for some other premier club. It will be another Maupay situation where another club picks these Brentford players up for much cheaper than what we would of had to pay for them and Brentford piss me off with this type of behaviour. 

I suspected this a while back.....I would dump Brentford as a source.

• Thanks 1

£55m on 2 Championship players who may or may not make the step up is mad money. 

Don't get me wrong, they look good players but are they take us to the next level players? Perhaps, but it's huge money to find out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

Include Rico Henry in that 55m and that would be more like it.

• Like 3

Just now, Wezbid said:

£55m on 2 Championship players who may or may not make the step up is mad money. 

Don't get me wrong, they look good players but are they take us to the next level players? Perhaps, but it's huge money to find out. 

£40m for the 2 would still be a lot. No way should we pay anything close to £55m. That price will drop the longer this drags on.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

There is ambition and there is jeopardising the club, with naivety.

55mill is a lot of money for players unproven in the top league.

I suspect Dean is right, too much money.

They will go somewhere else for cheaper than that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Brentford have every right to ask for £55m, but I think we should look elsewhere.

Of course they have....they obviously don't want to sell.

but if they sell them for less to other clubs......we will get the message.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Brentford have every right to ask for £55m, but I think we should look elsewhere.

This. Good luck to Brentford, but let them offload them to another club than us. 

Surely we got some kind of scouting department. 

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

When did championship players start commanding these kind of fees?

Feels like it’s erupted in the past 2 or 3 years for some reason.

Its actually ridiculous when you think about it, second tier players going for £20M+

Probably since we got relegated and decided to sign 3 championship strikers for 12M each. 

• Like 2