Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Marca reporting that Valencia have to sell Cillessen because he will take up 10% of their total wages next season (plus their owner is strip-mining the squad too). They have him linked going to Ajax and with Pepe Reina going to Valencia in his place.

Could be a bit of roulette going on there as Ajax's very good keeper Onana is linked with Chelsea (to replace Kepa).

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Possibly interesting... wonder who we could be interested in at Juve? 

My first thought was Bernadeschi? Bit of a misfit at Juve but a fantastic, quick forward player who would improve our front line no end. He isn't typical to the other Juve players that are being offloaded either, they have a lot of players who I imagine are on insane wages and wouldn't entertain a move anywhere other than a Champions League level team. 

• Like 1

Just now, skarroki said:

My first thought was Bernadeschi? Bit of a misfit at Juve but a fantastic, quick forward player who would improve our front line no end. He isn't typical to the other Juve players that are being offloaded either, they have a lot of players who I imagine are on insane wages and wouldn't entertain a move anywhere other than a Champions League level team. 

Don't want him. Has the most ridiculous tattoos!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wilson is very good. He scored goals but was treated poorly by howe. He was giving first teamers priority over wilson even thiugh they were not doung ut.

Who is this referring to? My understanding is he was a Howe favourite and almost the exact opposite was true. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wes said:

Marca reporting that Valencia have to sell Cillessen because he will take up 10% of their total wages next season (plus their owner is strip-mining the squad too). They have him linked going to Ajax and with Pepe Reina going to Valencia in his place.

Could be a bit of roulette going on there as Ajax's very good keeper Onana is linked with Chelsea (to replace Kepa).

I would love Cillessen to sign for us but I imagine getting involved in the keeper merry-go-round might be more likely. I imagine Kepa will end up back in Spain though and I can't think of any keeper in Spain with prem experience if that's what we want, bar Robles but I don't know if he'd count, or leave Betis

31 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Hadn't heard of McKennie until he was mentioned in this group. I then watched the following video and decided he is exactly what we need, particularly the bit about being able to pump it long to him. We don't really have a great outlet when under pressure.

https://youtu.be/XdnLwxplxlw

He’d be perfect in a two next to Luiz. 

Edit: or in a 3 with Luiz and McGinn! 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thought he was a CM?

He is. A box to box/holding midfielder. Loads of energy. Gets stuck in and has great work rate. Looked like the only Schalke player who cared during the second half of last season. Would be an absolutely amazing signing.

Just now, Okonokos said:

He is. A box to box/holding midfielder. Loads of energy. Gets stuck in and has great work rate. Looked like the only Schalke player who cared during the second half of last season. Would be an absolutely amazing signing.

No problem with that. Luiz will obviously play deeper this year and we need an alternative to McGinn if he picks up another bad injury.

I did try to watch a few Schalke games after lockdown but they were so abysmal it was a very hard watch, remember them barely crossing the halfway line in the first game v Dortmund and they were as bad in the following games.

Did he play in the CL the previous year?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Not with a barge pole.  Terrible attitude, got found out at Juve and he wouldn't want to come here anyway.  They are desperately trying to get shot of him.

Edited by GarethRDR

Smith saying 55 million to much for Rahma and Watkins a d I have to agree. What's annoying is Brentford are asking those prices because they know we are involved and after them, I bet you though if we pull away from wanting to sign them that they will go lower there prices to about 40-45 million for some other premier club. It will be another Maupay situation where another club picks these Brentford players up for much cheaper than what we would of had to pay for them and Brentford piss me off with this type of behaviour. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Smith saying 55 million to much for Rahma and Watkins a d I have to agree. What's annoying is Brentford are asking those prices because they know we are involved and after them, I bet you though if we pull away from wanting to sign them that they will go lower there prices to about 40-45 million for some other premier club. It will be another Maupay situation where another club picks these Brentford players up for much cheaper than what we would of had to pay for them and Brentford piss me off with this type of behaviour. 

Nothing stopping us waiting till another club agrees a fee, and then stepping in once it’s agreed. Happens all the time. Joe Bryan was the last time it was done to us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No problem with that. Luiz will obviously play deeper this year and we need an alternative to McGinn if he picks up another bad injury.

I did try to watch a few Schalke games after lockdown but they were so abysmal it was a very hard watch, remember them barely crossing the halfway line in the first game v Dortmund and they were as bad in the following games.

Did he play in the CL the previous year?

Yeah he did play in the CL the season before last. He's definitely more like McGinn than Luiz but to be honest, all 3 of them could play in midfield together with 3 attackers in front. We'd have so much energy in the middle of the park then.

Schalke were horrendous since January. Really, really poor but he was the only one who never gave in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I hope we sign McKennie. He could have the same sort of impact on us that Kante had on Leicester (not winning the league but massively improving our team). He would be my first choice out of all the links so far. Pleaseeeeeeee

I seriously know nothing about him, but want him just based on what i've seen alot of you say, as he sounds the type of midfielder we need.

Is he above 5' 10' or another midget?

EDIT: PLUS the fact that Southampton are interested as they usually have an eye.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think it is, considering their age.

Just pay what Brentford want and move on.

Better than stalling and ending up with nothing or going for 3rd and 4th choices.

Benrahma and Watkins will go straight into our first eleven and improve us. I'd say that is worth 55 million.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I seriously know nothing about him, but want him just based on what i've seen alot of you say, as he sounds the type of midfielder we need.

Is he above 5' 10' or another midget?

6’1 and very strong in the air. Just what we need in a DCM. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1