Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Benrahma for me is a no brainer, him and Jack would be lethal on that left side. We also need a midfielder who can hold things together if we have a loss in form or injury.

Striker.....Samatta for me will come good, pre lockdown he looked lively, Wesley will be great but will need 6 months to get back to where he was , if we do get another striker then Davies has to be sold with a buy back clause , let him go cheap but 50% buy back. Loans don't work for us , there's no incentive for the team to play or develop the loan player .

7 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Tammy scores against Bayern yet he ain’t a CL striker 🙄

Samatta and Wesley have scored Champions League goals.

Football isn't that straightforward.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, even Djimi Traoré won the Champions League once. Football can work in mysterious ways.

• Like 1

We have zero chance of Abraham, he isn’t ready to go and neither is Chelsea ready to sell.

Seemingly lots of noise that Watkins is a done deal, should be confirmed next week. Benrahma seemingly just waiting to see if any big boys might offer, but I think he will end up here.

Would like to see any of Buendia, Sarr, Iheanacho, Barkley, Smalling or Stones arrive. We would be seriously improved if we got a few of these closed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We have zero chance of Abraham, he isn’t ready to go and neither is Chelsea ready to sell.

Seemingly lots of noise that Watkins is a done deal, should be confirmed next week. Benrahma seemingly just waiting to see if any big boys might offer, but I think he will end up here.

Would like to see any of Buendia, Sarr, Iheanacho, Barkley, Smalling or Stones arrive. We would be seriously improved if we got a few of these closed.

This is exactly how I see it.  I hope for a 11-15 place next year and 7-12 the year after.

Crikey, a bit to post so bear with me fellas.

The unlikely rumour re Wes. The usual gag is .....‘I’ll get the taxi’ but these days to Italy and the airlines that could be deep pockets.“

Obviously,  if a bid came in then magic, even with a small haircut. Same for Samatta.

Jack is AM. Benny is in on the left wing so we need RW and unless I’ve been really stupid over the last 48 hours it’s Beundia for me. There are others tough but I won’t bore you at this time.

As for STs, the jury is firmly out on Watkins at this point.

Surely we’ve gotta be looking at Edouard/Origi and maybe even Iheanacho over Watkins??

(Kinda ignored Tammy given the Edouard + £20m/£30m uplift).

(Edit x2 been a bit stupid so clarifying).

(Edit x3 - relative newbie fella so a break would be 👌).

Edited by rayk
Missed point.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Abraham has proved himself at this level and European level.. There is no comparison with the other two..

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Davis entering the last year of his contract? I know there’s some merit in a loan to get him minutes and see how he plays, but if he’s not in our plans wouldn’t trying to get something for him make more sense? Or having him around as a third option so you can evaluate him within the squad?