Sarr Winger/Forward(Watford) 35m

Eze Winger/Forward (QPR) 15m

Doucoure Midfielder (Watford) 25m

Aarons Right Back (Norwich) 20m

Stones Centre Back (Man City) 20m

Wijndal Left Back (AZ) 10m

Total 150m

Sell/Release

Kalinic/Nyland/Chester/Engels/Taylor/Elmo/Lansbury. Might raise 10m Might look at another forward if we do and sell Samata.

Loan

Davis

Watkins 20m

Benrahma 25m

Brooks 25m

Eze 20m

Santamaria 12m

Smalling free

Aarons 15m

Possibly experienced striker on loan. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Imagine the scenes in this thread if we end up spending like £65m this summer! 

We are just assuming we have what we had last summer.

if it’s less due to financial constraints then fine 

I'm of the opinion that after today we should sign Chris Woakes from Warwickshire.

Other than that I would guess we are aiming  at comfortable mid table, So I don't think the right back is an issue. With Freddie Elmo or Konsa  at a push would be ok to get us there.

Similarly center back  with Mings Konsa House and  Engels, Perhaps one to be an upgrade on the latter two, I think that would get us mid table,  We need an upgrade for taylor at left back,  to push Targett, Where we need an upgrade is midfield up front. Some pace and someone like Buendia. Basically 2 people who would take the pressure off Jack. Most teams know if they put three players around him that nullify's us. But if we have three outlets they can't. I don't know who these are, I don't watch enough other football. We don't have to play them all at the same time every game' playing Man City away might require a different set up to Burnley at home. Then we need a forward who can score  so if we have Wesley Samatta and Davies, that won't work. We are not top six yet so we cant go for £80m players, we need someone who will chip in with a dozen or so. So we need to find someone in the £m20/25 who could improve. 

30 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Imagine the scenes in this thread if we end up spending like £65m this summer! 

Well at the moment it's better than zilch, that is our spending power the moment.

I hope the lateness of arrivals this time is actually us looking for signings many think we cant make.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

We bought Stewart Downing with a broken ankle so why not another one?

I'd like to think we have learnt from that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

We bought Stewart Downing with a broken ankle so why not another one?

We were in the position to then. Don't think we are now. We need players who can go immediately into the first team as a priority.

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Tammy Abraham starts for Chelsea in the Champs League against Munich.

I just cannot see him leaving them for us anytime soon. 

He’s just saying goodbye 🤪

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Chelsea are pretty much knocked out at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Chelsea are pretty much knocked out at this point.

True (the first leg was a disaster for them!) but even with Tammy dropping down the pecking order at Chelsea he’ll still get chances to play at the top level of club football. 

I can see him staying and eventually resolve his new contract. 

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

No chance, sadly. I think we’ll get Watkins and a No. 1 striker from Europe, news broken a few hours before signing by random foreign media. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

True (the first leg was a disaster for them!) but even with Tammy dropping down the pecking order at Chelsea he’ll still get chances to play at the top level of club football. 

I can see him staying and eventually resolve his new contract. 

I’m not sure I agree.  Not saying he’s coming to us but I think his time at Chelsea maybe coming to an end with the players they now have and the chances he’ll get.  They may even want to cash in on him while he’s worth high value because if he doesn’t get much game time next season his value will decrease compared to where it is now.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, colhint said:

I'm of the opinion that after today we should sign Chris Woakes from Warwickshire.

Other than that I would guess we are aiming  at comfortable mid table, So I don't think the right back is an issue. With Freddie Elmo or Konsa  at a push would be ok to get us there.

Similarly center back  with Mings Konsa House and  Engels, Perhaps one to be an upgrade on the latter two, I think that would get us mid table,  We need an upgrade for taylor at left back,  to push Targett, Where we need an upgrade is midfield up front. Some pace and someone like Buendia. Basically 2 people who would take the pressure off Jack. Most teams know if they put three players around him that nullify's us. But if we have three outlets they can't. I don't know who these are, I don't watch enough other football. We don't have to play them all at the same time every game' playing Man City away might require a different set up to Burnley at home. Then we need a forward who can score  so if we have Wesley Samatta and Davies, that won't work. We are not top six yet so we cant go for £80m players, we need someone who will chip in with a dozen or so. So we need to find someone in the £m20/25 who could improve. 

You think we're that close to mid table? Talk about optimistic. 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hourihane isn't a starter. He quite clearly needs to be a rotational option. No where near good enough. And in our team it's much more useful to use Luiz as a traditional CM than DLP. A DM he is not. McGinn sure isn't a DM. That means the right first team balance we need to get in our midfield is McGinn - new anchor - Luiz. Hughes has no place. 

But opinions are like arseholes I guess 

Oh yes let's move a player who performed among the best (statistically speaking) in the league in the DM/DLP position and move him to a position where he underperformed for 3/4 of the season that makes lots of sense.

Id much rather whoever we sign to be able to push mcginn deeper into a position where he is more effective.