Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Interesting news with Wilson and Hogan, that little loan spell at the scum may have done us a lot of favours because he was basically a dead weight before that. 

I’d be happy with Wilson and Watkins. Surely the big issue with Wilson is the wages though. Don’t see him taking a drop however if we could get him for a decent fee it would be interesting. Not a world beater but he was back up to Kane not too long ago so would improve us for sure. 

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Interesting news with Wilson and Hogan, that little loan spell at the scum may have done us a lot of favours because he was basically a dead weight before that. 

I’d be happy with Wilson and Watkins. Surely the big issue with Wilson is the wages though. Don’t see him taking a drop however if we could get him for a decent fee it would be interesting. Not a world beater but he was back up to Kane not too long ago so would improve us for sure. 

lets not forget wonderful players like Palmer, Barton, Mills, Bothroyd, Ricketts etc etc got at least one england cap.....

England caps arent all they are cracked up to be.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

lets not forget wonderful players like Palmer, Barton, Mills, Bothroyd, Ricketts etc etc got at least one england cap.....

Yep fair enough but he was there on merit at the time. He was clearly the 2nd best striker we had, been overtaken by Tammy now though.  

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Sorry, am I getting the feeling a lot o love for Ollie, not Edouard, Benny or Beundia?? I really can’t look through 50 pages?

391 pages in, and a general overview of everything so far is.....

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'd love calum wilson, I think hes class and I've watched him cause us serious issues. Hes a proven prem goalscorer, something ourselves and many others crave.

I always think that until I look at his stats... He scored 7 in 35 last year. Wesley got 5 in 20ish and is supposedly a flop... and that was a fairly normal return for Wilson, beyond one good season the year before. 

Callum Wilson has scored 41 premier league goals in 106 games worth of premier league football in terms of minutes on the pitch, he's also provided an assist sixteen times in that period as well. There's a reason why he's been linked to the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd and that's because he's a very good player, him not being as good as usual last season is probably the only thing that might give us a chance of signing him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, useless said:

Callum Wilson has scored 41 premier league goals in 106 games worth of premier league football in terms of minutes on the pitch, he's also provided an assist sixteen times in that period as well. There's a reason why he's been linked to the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd and that's because he's a very good player, him not being as good as usual last season is probably the only thing that might give us a chance of signing him.

Yeah, it's not the kind of signing that would excite me, nor is it the kind I think makes a lot of sense on its own given his age. But if it's at a reduced price off a down year, and it comes with offloading Hogan for good, it could be a good piece of business. Provided it's not Plans A, B, C, and D. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've mentioned him a few times, dipped a bit since his peak about 2 years ago but he does have talent (and pace) and think he's more a target of mid sized teams rather than top ones so think he'd be seen as an ambitious signing by likes of us.

Would love him here him and Benrahma

• Like 1

Wilson for a swap for hogan and if a few million is a no brainer, season before he was scoring for fun with Fraser, he’ll get a lot more here with the chances we create

Edited by rbcuk

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

And he plays for a media darling of a club straight up Southgate’s ally to pick him really, don’t pick the players that are playing well just pick the media darlings! In 4 seasons Wilson has only got to double figures once, not saying he is a bad player but a tad overrated on here

prize money list is interesting reading, looks like we get £106m for finishing 17th in the 19/20 season.

For reference, our payment in 2018/19 was apparently £18m.

• Like 4