Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If the rumours of Eze for 16m and we are not in on it, would raise serious questions for me.

I know we don’t know the internal workings of the club, but it will be like Maupay and Benrahma (for example) where they would clearly improve us and it’s frustrating that we haven’t gone for those players yet.

I keep banging on about it, but if we are considering spending £30m on a striker then it has to be Edouard. I think he’s better than Tammy (and I’m a huge Tammy fan), I just think he is a massive talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Found a pretty good experienced CB Villa should look at. 

That one clip was like watching a bunch of people get lost in the spaghetti junction, and somehow he found his way out.

Edited by Dave-R

55 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Reading this thread is like those days before Christmas as a kid: it’s the anticipation that is both the killer and the best part. 

And then the big day comes: after so much debate, anxiety and excitement you finally get your presents: socks (Hendrick) and some chocolate coins (unknown utility player from Switzerland).

Then, when you go back to school, you hear about your friends’ presents: that cool bike with the shimano gears (Eze), the video game console with the best graphics (Benrhama), that leather jacket (Deulofeu). Your parents later tell you that they tried to get these presents but they were out of stock or that they just couldn’t get them because it was a hard year, especially with mum/dad not getting her/his bonus this year. 

The lesson: I’m bored of reading the FM-inspired speculation, but then realise this is actually the best part. Merry transfer window, everyone. 

Thought you was going to wish everyone a Merry TransMas then, wrong forum for expressing yourself differently.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

If the rumours of him downing tools is true, then without doubt I don’t want him. Imagine if he acted like that at Villa during our bad times this season. It would be akin to our relegation season and we would have be level with Norwich. I would rather a poorer player with a lot better work rate/attitude (although preferably a good player with a good work rate/attitude, obv.).

We can and should be doing a lot better. It’s a no from me.

I'm pretty sure Benteke downed tools to force through his move to Villa. 

Robin Olsen that was mentioned in here due to the Johan Lange FCK connection is on his way to Bayer Leverkusen according to Swedish papers.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just don't get the goalkeeper links. Isn't Heaton fit to play? 

Re Heaton, an injury like that at his age means he's a gamble and we most definitely don't want all our eggs in one basket, given the back up we have, signing another top keeper is a no brained to me.

12 hours ago, JamieZ said:

One of the reasons so many young Americans are going to the Bundesliga is because their work permit restrictions are more relaxed, in addition to the fact that Bundesliga clubs seem more willing to give minutes to emerging players. Tyler Adams jumped straight from MLS to regular playing time at RB Leipzig and Gio Reyna broke through at Dortmund in almost no time at all. The links and connections between MLS and Bundesliga seem to be becoming more and more established, but I think it's often the case that for young Americans, like Christian Pulisic and imminently Weston McKennie, the dream destination remains the Premier League.

The up and comer in MLS that seems most ready to make the jump right now is Brenden Aaronson, but while there's been a wealth of interest from established Bundesliga clubs and Celtic, I'm not aware of any interest from the Premier League.

That is a stumbling block, but I still feel the PL clubs need to explore the American market (phrase nearly made me vomit) more to discover these talents. I'm sure that some would get caught in the work permit net but I would guess a certain proportion of them would be granted work permits. For example wasn't Gio Reyna born in England? Claudio would have been at Man City around the time he was born I think.

The links to the Bundesliga are certainly becoming stronger but Americans have always been more present there than in England? Donovan was there, Cherundolo and I think someone called Jermaine Jones or Johnson. Not sure. Although I think Johnson/Jones was born in Germany. Maybe it's something to do with German clubs not having the financial power of the English clubs and as result having to be a bit more innovative. It's something I'd like to see Villa pursue in any case because in a country with 300 odd million who speak the same language and where the culture is pretty similar to England (less time to settle) there's bound to be a few who can kick a ball.

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I know we don’t know the internal workings of the club, but it will be like Maupay and Benrahma (for example) where they would clearly improve us and it’s frustrating that we haven’t gone for those players yet.

I keep banging on about it, but if we are considering spending £30m on a striker then it has to be Edouard. I think he’s better than Tammy (and I’m a huge Tammy fan), I just think he is a massive talent. 

I'd add Jarrow Bowen to that.  Did really well under Moyes and played most games. No clue why we didn't go for him in Jan. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Even when he was at Man City?

Yeah especially the overrated part. He played behind the best defense in the league. He could have leant against the post and smoked 20 a game and still kept a clean sheet. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just don't get the goalkeeper links. Isn't Heaton fit to play? 

It's because newspapers make things up.

Every window the rumours go on and on yet we sign people completely from left field. Almost 100% so. 

Nothing is real. Not the Swedish keeper, not 100million on 4 players. 

Edited by Rolta

14 minutes ago, supermon said:

Arsenal apparently after Benrahma and Eze, that'd be us out of the running if true. 

If they got Benrahma and/or Eze, it would mean one less potential club bidding for Grealish :)

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

Arsenal apparently after Benrahma and Eze, that'd be us out of the running if true. 

I think they are just writing bullcrap, the media are just circling on hot players and spinning story's for every bloody club snagging them up. I bet if you were to look properly in the media there is a story for every fan and there club who are going for Benrahma and Eze. Wouldnt be surprised if even some writers have wrote how some league 2 clubs could snag these two players up.