Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Dale said:

El Ghazi also scored goals, 4 in the league including winner against Everton, a goal in win against Newcastle and a goal in a draw against Burnley... 

Not a great contribution then. He has been very poor in terms of Performance . He actually has a lot of ability but it just didnt work last year

2 minutes ago, skell said:

I'm not sure what you thought El Ghazi did to help us stay up, Trez obviously scored goals but his.overall quality is not good enough. I dont want them anywhere near the starting 11.  We need another striker. There must.be better than Origi

They both provided crucial goals and assists throughout the season, we paid £9m for El Ghazi and £8.75m for Trezeguet. That is nothing in today’s inflated market. 

We’d be incredibly lucky to sign someone better than Origi in my opinion 

• Like 1

Tin hat time, but I honestly think Chris Smalling would provide fantastic experience and composure next to Mings. Never saw much of him at Roma, but by all accounts he was very good. 

Konsa and Hause as back up, would make us healthy at CB. 

Sell/loan Chester and Engels. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

This thing about going for Premier League experienced players just for the sake of it seems a little strange to me

Our squad going into last season, we had some some prem experience in Heaton, Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury and Drinkwater - none of which were good enough to feature properly bar Heaton

Just getting it for the sake of it so we can say we bought Prem experience is what backfired when we went down a few years ago. 

It needs to be proper proven players like Cahill would have been last summer, not these journeymen type looking for a last pay day that were never particularly good in the first place

Those players listed above didn't cost much though.

With Nkamba, Wesley, Trez, Guilbert , Kallinic - that's approx £60m with little to show. You can see why Suso got the boot and the directive from the board for more proven players came about.

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They both provided crucial goals and assists throughout the season, we paid £9m for El Ghazi and £8.75m for Trezeguet. That is nothing in today’s inflated market. 

I agree they didnt cost much, happy to have them as cover.

As for a striker, there must be better. Mitrovic Abraham would be preferable. 

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

My Grandad was a printer for the Evening Mail. He was one of the first men to do colour prints. He’s turn on his grave if he saw what it has become. 

Let's the whole Greater Birmingham area down tbh. The Liverpool Echo still seems to represent their area well. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Because we always end up with the arse end of deal .... Brentford s players rarely thrive elsewhere...

Yeah, like Maupay or Konsa...  Or that one manager we poached from them...  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you actually seen him play? He's a terrible player. We could easily sign someone better than him this transfer window.