Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, hippo said:

Ok - will give you them ...but apart from that ....nothing ...

Watkins is a fantastic player and Benrahma will be a superstar somewhere...  They didn't get to the Championship playoffs this season by some kind of fluke.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Watkins is a fantastic player and Benrahma will be a superstar somewhere...  They didn't get to the Championship playoffs this season by some kind of fluke.  

Both are easily PL quality.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Junxs said:

This thing about going for Premier League experienced players just for the sake of it seems a little strange to me

Our squad going into last season, we had some some prem experience in Heaton, Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury and Drinkwater - none of which were good enough to feature properly bar Heaton

Just getting it for the sake of it so we can say we bought Prem experience is what backfired when we went down a few years ago. 

It needs to be proper proven players like Cahill would have been last summer, not these journeymen type looking for a last pay day that were never particularly good in the first place

I agree with you here completely.

It's finding a happy medium when it comes to finding the right man who can nearly tick all the boxes. 

I suppose to a certain extent most signings are a risk but doing proper analysis on them before hand does help.

Too often we have clogged ourselves up with poor average players on stupid contracts that offer hardly anything to the team.

Hopefully we can learn how to strike the right player at the right time in their careers that suit what we are trying to build as a club going forwards.

• Like 2

There’s actually multiple good tidbits in that article from Evans. I guess if you only follow Villa and football it may not be worth it to you. Purslow apparently personally sourced and signed Drinkwater. 

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah well they said that about ......erm ...well I dunno someone who ended up not being very good..

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I selfishly want Fulham to win the game today because I really want us to go after Benrahma, but Brentford is the better team.  

The playoff final is Tuesday, but I’m hoping the same!

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

ST - Karlan Grant (£10m) - Pacey, young striker with some PL experience. Could be a much better squad option than Samatta or Davis.

Hudderfield turned down a £15 million bid for Grant in January so I couldn't see them parting with him for £10 now.

If Leicester is looking to offload Iheanacho so the can make room for Odsonne Edouard then I'd rather we tried to beat them to Edouard.

Obviously he may not want to come here but we can try.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

Hudderfield turned down a £15 million bid for Grant in January so I couldn't see them parting with him for £10 now.

Wow that's cheap!

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

Let's the whole Greater Birmingham area down tbh. The Liverpool Echo still seems to represent their area well. 

They do indeed and it's a shame that lot who are supposed to represent us have not got a clue about what's going on and are the wrong people in the wrong place that write alienating bullshit about Villa.

As much as I don't like to say it, Liverpool Echo do a good job of it and how it should be done I guess. I see it more now through living up here. The same can be said for the Eastern Daily Press. They do an equal decent job in representing Norwich and Kings Lynn football clubs.

This lot at the Birmingham mail ought to go on work experience during the school holidays to either of those Press companies and watch how it's done.

• Like 2

Gonna be honest, do not rate Ollie Watkins in the games I've seen him play. He is in a side creating an awful lot of chances and some of the chances he misses don't end up mattering because they went on to win anyway, but in the Prem and in our side, with less chances created and ones that are harder to put away, I wouldn't be confident of him scoring 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Pre Covid v Now. It’s a completely different place. Massive drop in revenue. Less buyers. It’s a totally different marketplace now.