Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Whichever of the two doesn't get promoted, we should sign either Ollie Watkins or Mitrovic. Both have done the business this season. 

Watkins seems quite fast and that’s definitely something we lack up top as an option . we already have similar strikers to Mitrovic all be it not as physical or prolific  

ideally we’d want better than both but if we lost Samatta and replaced him with Watkins i think that would be seen as a huge upgrade 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Why do people rate Trez and Wes when they were shite in 90% of their appearances? I hope our recruitment team realize we need upgrades in most positions even if many fans don't.

How much of the forum do you read?

"Rate" Wes, posters like myself and a few others think it's too early to be giving him the stick he gets from most posters. He gets bashed 90 percent of the time, however some acknowledge that we paid 22 mill for him, is injured ( So ain't going anywhere anytime soon anyway) and maybe gets a clean slate when he comes back. 99 percent of us agree that we need a new striker.

"Rate" Trez, have you read his thread, match threads or post match threads? Most of us are well aware of how limited he has been, but appreciate the fact that what he lacks in quality he makes up for with heart and fight, plus self explanatory fact that he has scored some HUGE goals and a large part of the reason we are safe. 99 percent of us acknowledge that we need new forwards and wingers.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How much of the forum do you read?

"Rate" Wes, posters like myself and a few others think it's too early to be giving him the stick he gets from most posters. He gets bashed 90 percent of the time, however some acknowledge that we paid 22 mill for him, is injured and maybe gets a clean slate when he comes back. 99 percent of us agree that we need a new striker.

"Rate" Trez, have you read his thread,watch threads or post match threads? Most of us are well aware of how limited he has been, but appreciate the fact that what he lacks in quality he makes up for with heart and fight, plus self explanatory fact that he has scored some HUGE goals and a large part of the reason we are safe. 99 percent of us acknowledge that we need new forwards and wingers.

Pretty lazy post. Lol

Not a lazy post in the slightest. This thread has so many posters saying we don't need many signings, and who are content with the likes of Trez, Wesley and others. Yes, they scored a few goals, but they're poor footballers. That's not me giving them stick, as it's not their fault; they're just not good enough for where we want to be. If we didn't have Jack Grealish, we would've been absolutely rooted to the bottom of the table. That's the level of squad we have. I really hope Dean et al know how much of an upgrade  is required. Thankfully, I think they do. 

16 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

In Trez's case I think he's done enough to warrant a squad place. Unlike El Ghazi, his attitude is spot on and his goals have kept us up. I 100% want a better player starting.

Wesley, same thing applies in terms of wanting a better starter. Maybe his attitude needs work but way too early to write him off.

Have to agree. Whilst never being much of a fan of Trez, I don’t think anyone can question his workrate, willingness & desire. He definitely has the right attitude and he obviously possesses a goal threat. 

I’ve started to change my mind (the goals certainly help 😂) as I valued El Ghazi more for his superior technical ability but I have been really disappointed with him this season. Was quite fond of Anwar last season and he really impressed in the play off final. Unfortunately, he hasn’t been able to sustain those levels (let alone progress or exceed them). 

He seems a fairly fragile personality, lacks confidence, belief and most of all consistency. I was appalled at his behaviour against Southampton... that really bothered me. He doesn’t seem to have what it takes at this level.

Trez can improve but he should be no more than a backup if we want to have a decent side & season.

Maybe its time to bid farewell to El Ghazi, we can’t carry players now - particularly those with weak personality and major inconsistency. Nyland is even worse in that regard and must be moved on.

I keep thinking and saying it but this squad needs MASSIVE improvement... don’t think I can bear another season of such struggle either.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

My first ever post:

I think we need to take advantage of the lack of money in the Spanish league at the moment. The big clubs have lots of smashing young players we should loan(reduce risk) to buy. Like Kubo and Diaz from Madrid to add quality to the wings and try throw money at them for odegaard . Fripo, Tobida in defence and raphina for a goalscoring midfielder from Barca.

These clubs need to sell to invest so could be got at bargin prices. Players like trez and el ghazi lack composure, quality and will never take us to the level we all want to be at

Welcome and a great first post, some interesting suggestions there. We have to sign a better calibre of player for sure.

1 hour ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Why do people rate Trez and Wes when they were shite in 90% of their appearances? I hope our recruitment team realize we need upgrades in most positions even if many fans don't.

I don't know that Wes is going to be great, but he's 22 and was just playing his first season in the Premier League. In his first 7 matches he had 1.2 xG or 0.17 xG per match. In his last 14 matches he had 4.2 xG or 0.30 xG per match. Not world beater, but definitely trending the correct direction.

With Trez, I think he's a perfectly suitable backup option at this level. Relying on him to play 70 minutes per match won't get you far, however.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

People keep saying he will go on to be a top player but he is 25 next week and hasnt played in any top division for over 5 seasons now. I dont really see this hype and wide players tend to fade quicker

He is actually older than Grealish

How much older?

46 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

If Brentford is up, chances of Benrahma coming will be extremely slim right?
I can't recall a promoted team letting their star player out.

Not unless it was stupid money which I simply wouldn’t pay. I can’t see a reason to pay more than 30 when you have Eze and Sarr as cheaper options.

Would like to see us look at the Japanese market (I've said this for a few years) They are producing a lot of talented youngsters and even have some players well into their 20s that could thrive in European/British football. Germany has dipped into that market a lot and it has often paid off for them.

5 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

Would like to see us look at the Japanese market (I've said this for a few years) They are producing a lot of talented youngsters and even have some players well into their 20s that could thrive in European/British football. Germany has dipped into that market a lot and it has often paid off for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzCxgLUvo1g
Tifo just made a video on Japanese youngsters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Emiliano Buendia

age 23

Anyone think he might be a bargain ?

A bargain at £20M, lots of growth left in him as a player and knows how to create chances in a struggling Prem team. Hopefully we won’t be, but the point is he’s shown the mental strength to dig in and keep fighting - unlike El Ghazi. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Not unless it was stupid money which I simply wouldn’t pay. I can’t see a reason to pay more than 30 when you have Eze and Sarr as cheaper options.

Eze’s not a winger and Sarr won’t go for less than £30M (Watford paid £27M) and possibly more imo - he’s a great option if we can afford him. 

4 hours ago, Ben said:

My first ever post:

I think we need to take advantage of the lack of money in the Spanish league at the moment. The big clubs have lots of smashing young players we should loan(reduce risk) to buy. Like Kubo and Diaz from Madrid to add quality to the wings and try throw money at them for odegaard . Fripo, Tobida in defence and raphina for a goalscoring midfielder from Barca.

These clubs need to sell to invest so could be got at bargin prices. Players like trez and el ghazi lack composure, quality and will never take us to the level we all want to be at

Welcome , good to have you on board 👍