Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

57 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

The thing with Brazilians is that they're usually either very focused, well-behaved or the 'party guy'.
I'd say Douglas Luiz and Wesley are leaning on the well-behaved side but Everton surely looks a party guy to me. There are even rumors on European Clubs staying away from him because of this.

Guess they have had a few party duds in Adriano, Neymar or Ronaldinho. 

But are they worse than Merson, Gazza or Bellamy? 

Still remember the story about Gazza after the cup final for Rangers with eggs and bacon following a break-in. What a dude. 

I'd be more worried about language, food, climate and general culture. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Wouldn’t mind going after Karlan Grant this summer. Sneaking suspicion we could have him from Huddersfield for around £10 million this summer instead of £25 million next summer. 

I think they'd be interested in a Jota swap + money as well.

He's a useful bargaining chip.

• Like 1

John Percy saying that we want a right-back, will probably mean one of or maybe two of Bree, Elmohamady and Guilbert leaving. Bree and Elmohamady both in the last years of their contract.

21 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The thing is with sweeping generalisations about nations and their people is that they're usually complete bollocks.

Though I agree with your sentiments, as a whole. Tim Vickery (the Brazilian corespondent) does often explain (very well) why it is that Brazilian players sometimes go off the rails after making it big.

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think we may have a go for Rico Henry. He is a Smith favourite and seems to be over his injury problems now. Also a local lad.

Couldn’t we have got him on a free last year before he signed a new deal ? I would think if we were were interested we’d have done it then 

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Brentford in talks to sign Ivan Toney.

I like him. Wouldn’t be a starter, especially in the Premier League but think he’ll progress more than Davis will over time.  If a sensible price, we could’ve looked at him as well.

28 minutes ago, useless said:

John Percy saying that we want a right-back, will probably mean one of or maybe two of Bree, Elmohamady and Guilbert leaving. Bree and Elmohamady both in the last years of their contract.

Strangely enough I thought if we wanted any Fullback it would be one to replace Taylor (LB)?

I think Guibert has great potential, and whilst Elmo isn't a World Beater he is experienced with good delivery, big games don't phase him either (Got 1 more year in him?).

In this case i'd be hoping we get a player who can cover both, really wouldn't like to see Guibert go so early.

Also seeing the West Ham are interested in Benerhama, don't him and Bowen play in the same positions? Who do we reckon is the better of the two?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

49 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The thing is with sweeping generalisations about nations and their people is that they're usually complete bollocks.

I think he meant footballers as opposed to the entirety of Brazil.

As reliable as Elmohamady as been, if he's your best right-back then I think that probably tells it's own story. If we want to improve will probably need better. Right-back we probably ideally need better first choice, left-back we probably need someone better to challenge Targett, I thought we might have gone in for Robinson from Wigan.