Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, PieFacE said:

Season has only been over a few days and I'm already bored. When silly season with loads of transfer speculation? 

I’ll start it for you. Fat bloke down the pub says we are signing a winger. Maybe two. Plus a midfielder or a defender but definitely not a goalie. All our signings will be good or rubbish. We are definitely not signing anyone from Belgium, unless they are Brazilian or Egyptian.

There you go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Has there been examples of players consistently being among the better players in the championship, but hasn't kept up with the PL? If so, who? Especially among wingers and strikers. 

Genuine question. 

mitrovic...

his goal ratio is double in the championship, if you take out his 1st year with Newcastle when for some reason he only got 4 in 25 games then his ratios go to 21 goals in 77 PL appearances compared to 38 goals in 57 championship games

im really not sold on him as a £25-30m striker option

• Like 2

Just now, M_Afro said:

I’ll start it for you. Fat bloke down the pub says we are signing a winger. Maybe two. Plus a midfielder or a defender but definitely not a goalie. All our signings will be good or rubbish. We are definitely not signing anyone from Belgium, unless they are Brazilian or Egyptian.

There you go.

Oh you drink in the same pub as me then? Was telling some random dude about this earlier today...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mitrovic...

his goal ratio is double in the championship, if you take out his 1st year with Newcastle when for some reason he only got 4 in 25 games then his ratios go to 21 goals in 77 PL appearances compared to 38 goals in 57 championship games

I’d stay welllll clear of him for this reason. The guy is a championship striker and nothing more. Like Dwight Gayle. 

Surprised Sarr isn’t being mentioned more - class player, and has the pace we’re so lacking. Imagine he’ll move on from Watford this summer. 

Would also love Brentford to lose, so we can nick Benrahma.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Everton Soares? Gremio winger

Would be nice if we can attract another South American or two and Wes & Luiz will help them settle.

Everton Soares is a cracking player.

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Everton Soares? Gremio winger

Would be nice if we can attract another South American or two and Wes & Luiz will help them settle.

The thing with Brazilians is that they're usually either very focused, well-behaved or the 'party guy'.
I'd say Douglas Luiz and Wesley are leaning on the well-behaved side but Everton surely looks a party guy to me. There are even rumors on European Clubs staying away from him because of this.

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mitrovic...

It's not alway's the best indicator though.

In Mitrovic's first season with Newcastle he scored 9 goals in 34 games. Not a bad return in his first season in England. He then scored 4 in 25 games in the Championship but with Gayle being the main striker.

He scored 12 goals in 17 games in the Championship for Fulham, and 26 goals in 40 goals this season.

His season in the PL returned 11 goals from 37 games; however this was in a really, really poor Fulham side in the PL.

For example Tammy Abraham scored 23 goals for Bristol City in the Championship and 25 goals for us.

But in the PL in a poor Swansea side he only managed 5 goals in 31 games. This season he played in a good Chelsea side in the PL and his return looks more respectable with 15 goals in 34 games, despite being on the bench in some.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mitrovic...

His playing style is like davis but with goals. He is good in the air and on the floor and has agression, something our team has lacked.

His record for exceptionally poor teams in the Premier league is a goal every 3 games or just over.

59 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Just throwing some more names into the discussion:

For Wings:

• Mounir Chouiar
  • Raphinha
  • Ludovic Blas

I know we kinda want proven players though, especially for wings 🤦‍♂️

Striker:

• Domenico Berardi? Would that even be possible?

I also wonder what big names are actually feasible for us🤷‍♂️

Yes sir, mentioned them earlier, very good players.

Berardi would be fantastic, but I think he's probably beyond us. I like Boga from Sassuolo as well, brilliant ball carrier.

39 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Surprised Sarr isn’t being mentioned more - class player, and has the pace we’re so lacking. Imagine he’ll move on from Watford this summer. 

Would also love Brentford to lose, so we can nick Benrahma.

Been mentioned loads of times.

Along with the usual suspects.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just watched a six minute youtube clip of Benrahma and his tricks and dribbles look amazing they really do but there was very little creating true chances in the final third or goals.  Was the clip consistent with his play or does he create many chances? has a lot of assists? and scores goals? or is he a trick master but not great end product.  Just wondering for those that have watched a lot of him

I wouldn’t expect him to show up and score 10 goals, but the eyes and numbers suggest he would be a boon to our attacking capabilities.  Excellent with the ball at his feet and can dribble as well as pass. We don’t have nearly enough of that in our team at present. 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:
  • Thanks 1