Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Beat me to it mate 😉. But lets go

Okay enough of linking us to players that are bottom table quality .. we are a huge club that should be in the top half we need to cement our status. Its now time for us to go HARD. Push on with some top quality signings. All except 3 or 4 players should not be starting for us next season out of this current crop. Ill list what we need with some ambitious but however realistic targets

New RB➖Guilbert (Back Up)

New LB ➖ Targett (Back Up)

New CB ➖ Konsa (Back Up)

New CM ➖ Mcginn (Back Up

New RW ➖ Trezeguet (Back Up)

New LW ➖ El Ghazi ( Sell Him)

New FW ➖ Wesley (Back Up) 

Potential Signings

Everton Soares (LW) Gremio - Age 24 - Ambitious but realistic target 30-35 mill approx

Andre Silva (FW) Ac Milan - Age 23 - Again Ambitious would be a great player who can find the net. 25 mill approx

Said Benrahma (RW) Brentford - Age 24-  Excellent Signing proven on english grounds

Ismail Sarr (RW) Watford -Age 22 Frightening Potential great player 

Ross Barkley - (CM) - Chelsea - Age 26 - Has tremendous ability and will do fantastic given a fresh start

Tammy Abraham - (FW) - Chelsea - Age 22 - Hes reaching hes prime years for a striker he could find himself back at VP and produce greater memories 

Cant fill in the other gaps for other players but thats a start but hopefully our new sporting director can get the right players and formula . But can smith show hes a big enough manager for the players we attract ? 

I think that’s too many tbh, 

1) I don’t think we will have the transfer budget for £20m a pop signings

2) We don’t want Half a new squad to try and bed in together for the style we want to play. 
unless we are Happy to give smith another half season to get anything to click. 

4 really good signings should be what we need

striker 

CM

LB

CB

if they’re all straight up first teamers that is.

£100m across those four. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I like, we really need to be looking at a higher calibre of player now that will significantly enhance the first team.

Watched a lot of Italian football in the 90s (big fan), Enrico Chiesa was more of a striker or support striker (at Parma he had a great partnership with Crespo) and would score some ridiculously stunning goals. Became more prolific at Fiorentina but not as “stylish”.

His son Federico is more of a winger or wide forward. Looks a good player and I would love us to try for the top talents in Italy such as him & Belotti.

Viola been pretty rubbish this season and I can't say Chiesa has impressed me a huge amount when I've caught a game but he was linked with Juventus a few weeks back.

Said it before but Rodrigo De Paul would be a good replacement for Grealish. Had another good season for Udinese.

17 minutes ago, rubberman said:

No @RicRic. There won't be, and nor do we need, 7 new starters. That's crazy, especially with the short turnaround to next season. 3-4 max, with maybe a couple for the future as squad depth. 

It sounds crazy, but if you sit down and think about it i can assure you it is not , the only change i can sacrifice would be that Guilbert keeps his place at RB...  But other than that no way anyone that loves this club will feel comfortable without the rest changing !

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Has there been examples of players consistently being among the better players in the championship, but hasn't kept up with the PL? If so, who? Especially among wingers and strikers. 

Genuine question. 

Taarabt practically got QPR up on his own in 10/11 but then did hardly anything in the premier league and his career has just drifted away since.

3 hours ago, stegzy said:

Would absolutely love us to go for Milner as our one experienced / slightly elderly signing. I know his wages would be high but the experience and set piece skills would really help an otherwise youthful midfield 3, + plus his delivery would mean we wouldn’t have to play Hourihane for just that reason. I believe he has a lot of love for this club and he didn’t appear for Liverpool much towards the end of the season so signing him could be possible.

Milner loves Villa as much as Benteke or Delph did 

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So we can only expect Jack to perform in the CM role once he have someone who can babysit him? A truly good CM plays well regardless who they are playing with.

Look at Bruno Fernandes. He played just as well with Fred and McTominay as he played with Pogba and Matic.

Jack is just so much better on the left. Not even up for debate.

No he hasn't. When pogba wasn't playing in the cup they struggled to create and looked toothless.

Grealish on the other hand has looked fine in the middle it is just it means playing without hourihane who offers more value and threat than having the additional one of trez or el ghazi on the pitch. If we had a higher quality winger he could play in the middle just fine. But we didn't and compounded with a not functioning midfield grealish wasn't getting to play as the number 10 he was having to play as the number 8.

For some reason we are playing mcginn as the number 10 which really confuses me, hopefully if grealish plays in the middle mcginn will be forced to play deeper. 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Haha, I don’t think I’ve seen him play that I can recall, I’ve seen him on Quest on the highlights show and he looks great. Why would you trust my opinion though?!

He actually scored past us in the 2-2 in January 19.

I think he's a very technically gifted player. Not the quickest so that could be an issue with what we need in the final third but loved the way he took his goal v WBA the other week was pure class.

Seems he's got his head screwed on as he'd play every week at Palace as they're in dire need of creativity in final third.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Dries Mertens’ contract with Napoli has expired e. Scored 6 goals in 7 apps in the CL last year and 9 goals in 30 league apps (not all 90 mins, averaged 177 mins a goal). We could do a lot worse for free.

EDIT ignore me, he’s signed an extension with Napoli I think

Would look at Hirving Lozano. Impressed me for Mexico in the World cup and he's certainly rapid. Did well at PSV but hasn't got a regular place at Napoli so might be a season long loan option.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Taarabt practically got QPR up on his own in 10/11 but then did hardly anything in the premier league and his career has just drifted away since.

Knockaert was another one. Che Adams, Dave Kitson, Cameron Jerome, Jordan Rhodes even Grabban

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It sounds crazy, but if you sit down and think about it i can assure you it is not , the only change i can sacrifice would be that Guilbert keeps his place at RB...  But other than that no way anyone that loves this club will feel comfortable without the rest changing !

Guilbert, Targett, Konsa and McGinn will all be fine as starters. Totally agree with the others.

Too many changes in a short off season will be worse than keeping a slightly less-good established player IMO. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thunderball said:

QPR have allegedly accepted an offer of “around £20m” from Palace for Eze. This might move quite quickly.

Paves the way for Zaha's Villa move 🕵️‍♀️

Joking aside, I would love us to make a real big statement signing before Jack or anyone else leaves. We are a huge club, we've got wealthy owners and we need to stay in this division now for a long time. We won't do that without real quality competition. Love to see the reaction of one of the so called "top 6" clubs if we were to bid for one of their "stars" 👊

I think we have to be careful not to change too many players but also make sure we aren't sentimental and keep players just because we managed to stay up. Wide areas and up front are our main weaknesses but we can improve all over if truth be told.

I'd love something like this in front of the defence;

Luiz        McGinn

Eze 

Benrahma        Abraham          Grealish 

Or

Luiz          McGinn 

Grealish

Benrahma          Abraham              Sarr 

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would look at Hirving Lozano. Impressed me for Mexico in the World cup and he's certainly rapid. Did well at PSV but hasn't got a regular place at Napoli so might be a season long loan option.

Not a bad idea, though I do wonder if he'll take on a larger role with Osimhen coming in and Milik on the way out. As a Napoli fan, I've felt that Gattuso should play him on the wing more than centrally, as he seems to be more effective there.

Not Jimmy McCann ffs :lol:

Tammy would be just about the best signing we could make.

Him and Grealish could be the catalyst for the other to be at Villa Park for 2021.

Three years on his deal, he's been holding off signing a new one as he wants money Hudson-Odoi got, something like £120k a week, hes on about £75k from papers.

• Like 1