- Ben Arfa (33)

- Borini (29)

- Mandukic (34)

- Valencia (35)

- Kagawa (31)

- Defour (32)

-  Sanogo (27)

@villalad21

I know you've had a few days off the site, but don't you look back at any of the previous pages of this thread?????

.........and the point of your post is????

Besides the fact he's injured again what's so good about Henry? Last season stats in lesser league worse than Targett most key FB stats. For example Henry average per game 1.1 unsuccessful touch and 1 dispossession vs Targett 0.6 and 0.5

Targett more accurate long balls and less inaccurate long balls. 

Is this just case of rumour links to us so people automatically decided he's better than Targett???

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i havent seen much of rico henry play so jury's out there, but i'm still not 100% sold on targett, so no reason he couldn't challenge

i think clubs players supported as kids probably goes out the window once they turn pro. jack and deano play down being villa fans every chance they get. i dont think having someone who followed blues growing up in the club is a big deal. but that's me.

Gary Gardner

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Nah he came in the summer of Richardson, Senderos, Joe Cole, Carlos Sanchez. Lambert had just given up at that point!

Tbh Senderos and Vlaar was a very effective partnership for about 10 games before Senderos got injured and couldn't get fit again.

• Like 1

I pray we don't touch any of the freebies. They have no deals for a reason and the days of us showing such desperation are hopefully behind us now. 

I reckon we did have a £100m budget for the season but are holding approx. £15m back in case we need to do some business in the January window. I'm OK with that. 

If we get to January and we're relatively comfortable in terms of league position/points and injuries, I think we will hold on to the money and add it to next summers transfer budget. Again, I'm fine with that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I bet Rico Henry watched that Liverpool match and saw what Watkins did and thought, ‘I want a piece of that’. 

Only thing with him is his size. He’s not the biggest so could struggle at this level physically?

He’d also cost 15-20m so if the club want to sign him, for that money, he’s need to be seriously considered as a starter.

I think Buendia will be available for circa 20m too. 

I don't think Buendia is available for £ 20 million, but that's me. I bet every single championship club has seen the inflated values of championship players, and after we spunked £28 million on Watkins, they are not going to just sell a proven PL talent for £ 20 million. 

Henry might go for £ 20 million and whether he's worth it or not I have no idea. But I'm not sure he'd be interested to come here as a rotation option. Which he most likely would be. 

I think we have a really exciting and strong starting 11 now plus some good competition and a general raise in quality with our existing players who are now more used to the league. It really was a fantastic window. I am "buzzing me!" as the kids say.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

While clubs will rightly be holding out for as much money as possible for their big assets having seen some Championship players go for big money there is also the very likely prospects of a season without fans in the stands for the foreseeable future, meaning a huge loss of income.

Some club will feel they need to raise money somehow, and that is by selling players. Apart from possibly King I can't see us spending our remaining money on anyone else from the Championship this window. But who knows, if the price is right...

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Besides the fact he's injured again what's so good about Henry? Last season stats in lesser league worse than Targett most key FB stats. For example Henry average per game 1.1 unsuccessful touch and 1 dispossession vs Targett 0.6 and 0.5

Targett more accurate long balls and less inaccurate long balls. 

Is this just case of rumour links to us so people automatically decided he's better than Targett???

Why you so mad these days? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would pay no more than 10 m on Josh King 

The reason no one has signed Josh King is almost definitely because of wages. He’s at that age where his next contract is massive for his financial future. He’s on good money at Bournemouth, but needs someone to panic and chuck a 4yr deal his way. 

Id be the same. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The reason no one has signed Josh King is almost definitely because of wages. He’s at that age where his next contract is massive for his financial future. He’s on good money at Bournemouth, but needs someone to panic and chuck a 4yr deal his way. 

Id be the same. 

King isn't on silly money though and he hasn't done enough to demand huge wages when he next moves, will probably want a 4 yr contract though!

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

If we get to January and we're relatively comfortable in terms of league position/points and injuries, I think we will hold on to the money and add it to next summers transfer budget. Again, I'm fine with that. 

but if we get to jan and are 3pts off 4th......

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

King isn't on silly money though and he hasn't done enough to demand huge wages when he next moves, will probably want a 4 yr contract though!

No, but had players like Jarrod Bowen and Antonee Robinson done enough to earn big contracts? Bowen, whilst playing well at the moment, is rumoured to be on 80k a week at West Ham and that’s because they panicked and realised they were going down if they didn’t sign someone. 

Premier League sides are so desperate to survive because of the financial implications that they are willing to throw good money at players in the championship in the hope they’ll come good. I think King is waiting til the end of the window for a team to realise they need to strengthen up front and they’ll offer him what he wants to help them. 

Just a theory of course. He could just be a top bloke who really wants to help Bournemouth get back to the Prem.

From what I can find King is "only" on £45k/w, thought he was on a bit more tbh.

Still as mentioned his age will mean he'll likely want a long contract just like Callum Wilson did. For me a 2+1 would be as far as I'd go provided the salaries are about what we has at Bournemouth. That's still a lot for a rotation player.

No idea if we are even interested thou.

• Like 2