Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

You now watch the youth teams until the next window, see where we are, if we have someone who can break through next summer and we are safely mid table doing nothing this year then you take the risk and wait 

I think we have everything in place at the club to get that right

Might also be why we got Barkley on loan but didn't push too hard for more midfielders to replace lansbury and Nakamba, we have them coming just need more time, same with RB and maybe striker 

Just now, Nigel said:

Not really, he seemed a success, and in the grand scheme of things 30m for a premiership attacker is not ridiculous. 

Think he was a good bit of business tbh!

45m would be a reasonable ask, if they were still in this league.  Its unlikely they will get that in the championship but they shouldn't lose on him either.

They got relegated. He scored 5 goals and 6 assists. They got relegated. Terrible bit of business. What did Hourihane get last season and to be fair he's a carthorse relatively

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

They got relegated. He scored 5 goals and 6 assists. They got relegated. Terrible bit of business. What did Hourihane get last season and to be fair he's a carthorse relatively

They didnt get relegated due to sar, he did his job. 

Sarr is a huge talent and a very exciting player. Of course at 21/22 in his first season in a new league and country he's going to be a bit uneven.

He'd been a great signing for us but since we've already spent big on Traoré he's not going to be on our radar anymore, especially since Watford will be asking top dollar.

• Like 3

As shit as it sounds, but maybe we can scour the lower leagues to try and get some high potential younger players for a good price as clubs will be desperate for funds.

Feel slightly guilty suggesting what is basically exploiting the financial situation, however it is certainly an option.

I think we are done personally. We have relatively full 25 man squad and it's only 2.5 months till the January window where we can strengthen again if required. I think we will hold back some FFP allowance until the January window incase we have unforeseen injuries or we want to really push on for a good end to the season. I'd love another signing but deep down I think that it's sensible to hold back now (assuming that we are getting close to our FFP limits).  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Buendia, Benrahma or my first choice of Brooks would all be great signings.

None of those will happen. 

If we were willing and able to spend £30m+ on another winger, and considering your belief in the Rashica deal, do you not think we would have just done that instead?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If we were willing and able to spend £30m+ on another winger, and considering your belief in the Rashica deal, do you not think we would have just done that instead?

My belief in the Rashica deal? I think we tried to get him but Werder were obviously difficult to deal with. I didn't have any belief other than that. Out of those, only Brooks would cost £30m or more. The other two would be mid twenties at most.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Not if his wage demands were ridiculous, which is also most likely why we won't sign Benrahma.

Out of everyone linked, including Sarr, Buendia is probably the best option for someone that can cover a number of attacking roles.

Barren an injurycrisis I dont think we will sign more players, not now not in January. Probably keeping our powder dry for next summer and trying to keep on the right side with FFP.

Next summer I´ll see us go for an LB and a maybe 2 CM's and maybe another CB.

I'm fine with that.

Edited by Knutserov13
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

My belief in the Rashica deal? I think we tried to get him but Werder were obviously difficult to deal with. I didn't have any belief other than that. Out of those, only Brooks would cost £30m or more. The other two would be mid twenties at most.

Exactly. Why wouldn't we just have paid Werder what they were demanding if we're now going to spend more on another player. 

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Not if his wage demands were ridiculous, which is also most likely why we won't sign Benrahma.

Out of everyone linked, including Sarr, Buendia is probably the best option for someone that can cover a number of attacking roles.

I'd love us to sign Buendia, I just don't think it's likely. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Nah he came in the summer of Richardson, Senderos, Joe Cole, Carlos Sanchez. Lambert had just given up at that point!

I meant Cleverley left with Vlaar, Bentake and Delph so I was putting him in with the good players!!!  

Edited by Liam100
Clarify who 'he' was.

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Exactly. Why wouldn't we just have paid Werder what they were demanding if we're now going to spend more on another player. 

I'd love us to sign Buendia, I just don't think it's likely. 

Because we might not have wanted to pay over the odds for someone who has 2 years on his contract left when we could possibly get him cheaper in January or next season. Nobody really knows why it fell through but I don't think the reasons it fell through will have much bearing on other deals. If Buendia was available for £22m, I think we'd do that, for example. Benrahama too although his wage demands seem to be ridiculous so that may put us off.

20 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Barren an injurycrisis I dont think we will sign more players, not now not in January. Probably keeping our powder dry for next summer and trying to keep on the right side with FFP.

Next summer I´ll see us go for an LB and a maybe 2 CM's and maybe another CB.

I'm fine with that.

I'd be ok with one in on loan though.

Left sided defender who can double as a left winger etc.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia and Sarr are the only two I’d be looking at, at the moment tbh. 

The latter will probably go to a top team and I’m not sure Buendia is exactly what we need right now albeit a very good player. 

Id be surprised if we weren’t looking at Will Hughes. We’re stacked in that position as is but if he comes available for a decent price, he’d be an excellent squad player. 

Have to say I think Buendia is perfect for us. Like Will Hughes but I think him signing would reduce Ramsey's first opportunities, when he very much needs a deserves first opportunities.

For me King us exactly what we don't need. An average prem player that is at the tipping point in a players career where they're 2 seasons from declining and won't improve. Highish wages and a 10m fee for a player with a year on his contract. No value for money there.

Buendia at anything below 30m is outstanding value. For me he is the best talent in the championship.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sarr is overpriced. Watford got completely mugged off paying Rennes 30 million and want +45 million as he's got 4 year contract left. No chance we're signing him and no I'm not angry just laughing at the incredulous transfer suggestions 

I agree Sarr is way too expensive for a player that has done very little in the Premier league. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You now watch the youth teams until the next window, see where we are, if we have someone who can break through next summer and we are safely mid table doing nothing this year then you take the risk and wait 

I think we have everything in place at the club to get that right

Might also be why we got Barkley on loan but didn't push too hard for more midfielders to replace lansbury and Nakamba, we have them coming just need more time, same with RB and maybe striker 

Apart from Kessler, Bridge and J Ramsey the rest are a couple of seasons off atm, from what I can see.

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think our business is done, going back to the purslow interview regarding the challenges of managing wages and investment in the first few years, we must be really pushing our budgets with the deals weve done.

Barkley must have cost a lot as well as the number of new contracts weve given out. Of we dont get more off the book now, I can see any flexibility for players to come in.

Assume the Barkley money comes from the not paying Drinkwater anymore money ??