Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I hate to piss on folks' chips but, surely we are not looking to sign Rashica any longer? If we did, where would he play? Grealish, Watkins and Barkley are going to be nailed on starters. The only chance would be wide right and he has Trezeguet and Traore already fighting for that position. 

I'd love us to sign him because he looks a real talent but it just seems highly unlikely now. 

I agree with this. I would rather we signed either a left back, a centre half or another centre mid (a destroyer). They are all higher priorities in my view.

Really sports journalism has now just become who can make up lies in the most creative ways on the best platform with the hope of getting it right on the odd occasion by pure fluke.

No such thing as building up relationships, unearthing sources or investigating the truth. Experience or qualifications or intelligence no longer matter. It's all about the number of clicks they receive at the end of the day. 

Or to put it more simply, all these sports journalists are a bunch of lying words removeds.

In saying that I will continue to read and get excited by all these itk postings so I guess it works

• Like 3

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

After seeing the Gravy Feud thread, I’m sure some wouldn’t be against still eating those chips. 

I am a gravy on chips enthusiast and I am absolutely outraged by these claims.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We need a squad. Trezeguet (effort aside) and El Ghazi are not good enough for this level which leaves Grealish and Traore - the latter being unproven. Rashica, whilst predominantly a LW, can play on the right and also through the middle so he would give us options. 

We’re also living in a world where our best players could contract a deadly virus at any moment and be out for 2 weeks, potentially missing up to 4 games so we need a bit of depth

Im totally against stockpiling players but you do have to have good players competing to improve. 

chris fowler star GIF

Just now, Mjvilla said:

I am a gravy on chips enthusiast and I am absolutely outraged by these claims.

If someone drank nothing but gravy I bet their piss would taste sufficiently of gravy for you not to know the difference.

• Haha 2

Why are these twitter plebs bouncing about on this Rashica nonsense. It goes from Rashica is holding out for Leipzig to he’s agreed terms with Villa, to Bremen is holding up the negotiations, to Rashica is holding up the negotiations, to it being off, to being back on, now back to Rashica holding out for Leipzig 

It’s Rocket science to work this shit out 

Football Soccer GIF by SV Werder Bremen

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why are these twitter plebs bouncing about on this Rashica nonsense. It goes from Rashica is holding out for Leipzig to he’s agreed terms with Villa, to Bremen is holding up the negotiations, to Rashica is holding up the negotiations, to it being off, to being back on, now back to Rashica holding out for Leipzig 

All signs point towards us signing Arlind Sadiku to our Academy.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/arlind-sadiku/profil/spieler/732217

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I hate to piss on folks' chips but, surely we are not looking to sign Rashica any longer? If we did, where would he play? Grealish, Watkins and Barkley are going to be nailed on starters. The only chance would be wide right and he has Trezeguet and Traore already fighting for that position. 

I'd love us to sign him because he looks a real talent but it just seems highly unlikely now. 

With Jack able to drop into midfield to cover Ross and SJM, that’s effectively 6 people rotating 5 positions.  Doesn’t seem unrealistic to me, given injury, suspensions, loss of form etc.

That’s not to say I think it will happen, but I’d add, him waiting for Leipzig as long as he can, does fit with the waiting until now to pay off Jota.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Really sports journalism has now just become who can make up lies in the most creative ways on the best platform with the hope of getting it right on the odd occasion by pure fluke.

No such thing as building up relationships, unearthing sources or investigating the truth. Experience or qualifications or intelligence no longer matter. It's all about the number of clicks they receive at the end of the day. 

Or to put it more simply, all these sports journalists are a bunch of lying words removeds.

In saying that I will continue to read and get excited by all these itk postings so I guess it works

True sailing is dead (as is journalism)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It is possible he has agreed terms with us, but then waits to see if Leipzig can agree a fee.

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I mean, Trezeguet isn't exactly much competition if Rashica were to come here.

But I do agree that I don't think we're that interested in him anymore. Paying that much money for both Traore and Rashica is a bit odd when you can only really start one of them at one time. Yes depth is good, but Trezeguet is capable as cover and I'd think other positions would be of more importance to focus on.

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If Rashica goes to Southampton or Leeds I'm going to boo him SO badly when he plays as Villa Park and I'm allowed in. 

When you say boo him so badly does that mean your booing skills aren’t up to the required PL standard and are so weak that they could almost be regarded as a slight cheer? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I think we need quality CB cover for Mings and Konsa

The most nonsense I've seen is this transfer window is people living in some fantasy world where you attract quality "back up" just in case first choice players get injured

• Like 1