Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Werner is easily good enough for this level but he's in a team and has a manger who are not playing to his strengths. Rashica is also good enough for this level. The Bundesliga is a higher level in many ways.

I never said Werner wasn't good enough for this level. But regardless he has struggled. You say they haven't played to his strengths but he's taken 11 shots and scored none, so it's not all on the team or manager. A player still has to perform, and a striker still has to take his chances.

And you say Rashica is good enough for this level but that's just an opinion. I'm saying we don't know that yet, and either way he wouldn't have a hope in hell of living up to the hype on here.

25 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Werner is easily good enough for this level but he's in a team and has a manger who are not playing to his strengths.

How do you know he’s in a team and has a manager who are not playing to his strengths when you’ve said you don’t watch the Prem apart from Villa games and we’ve obviously not played Chelsea yet?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

How do you know he’s in a team and has a manager who are not playing to his strengths when you’ve said you don’t watch the Prem apart from Villa games and we’ve obviously not played Chelsea yet?

Because I know the players Chelsea have and the way they play under Lampard. And I know that it's totally different to the system he was in at Leipzig where he excelled. I said when he chose Chelsea that he'd picked the wrong team.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

The one position I wanted to sign some real quality was on the right wing and I get a really bad feeling we’ve made a mistake in signing Traore. If he doesn’t perform, we’re left with Trez/El Ghazi again

I think Traore will be a great signing, but whether you think that or not there’s no getting away from the fact that every signing is a gamble. You could just as easily say if Martinez doesn’t perform/gets injured we are left with Steer. You can’t say ‘IF signing X fails then the signing policy will have failed’ - that’s obvious whoever you sign.

Not explaining myself well here. Let’s hope Traore tears it up...

Seeing Wilson scoring another two tonight....what was our thinking there? We bid for him thinking we weren't going to sign Watkins even though that got agreed pretty quickly. Or we weren't going to sign Traore?

And now we've got those two in we aren't going to sign anyone else even on loan even though our current CF backup last scored when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Even though we've done well in transfer market this summer still feels like we're gambling a bit in key position like last year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Because I know the players Chelsea have and the way they play under Lampard. And I know that it's totally different to the system he was in at Leipzig where he excelled. I said when he chose Chelsea that he'd picked the wrong team.

But unless you’ve seen Chelsea this season - they’ve got 5-6 different players since last season - I just don’t think you can make that statement.

i think Werner is plenty good enough for the Prem but from what I’ve seen of him I think he’s been surprised at the pace and having less time before a challenge comes in and he’s been snatching at shots. Something he’d have faced whichever Prem team he would have joined.

But hey, that’s only based on me actually watching him play for Chelsea this season.

Edited by rayk
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Seeing Wilson scoring another two tonight....what was our thinking there? We bid for him thinking we weren't going to sign Watkins even though that got agreed pretty quickly. Or we weren't going to sign Traore?

And now we've got those two in we aren't going to sign anyone else even on loan even though our current CF backup last scored when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Even though we've done well in transfer market this summer still feels like we're gambling a bit in key position like last year.

If pace was our biggest concern then Wilson couldn’t have been a legit option. He looked so slow today.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If pace was our biggest concern then Wilson couldn’t have been a legit option. He looked so slow today.

He's still scoring though as they've got Saint Maximn and Almiron around to create more space and take defenders out. Could've done same here with Watkins, Traore and Jack who's pretty quick when on the ball.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's still scoring though as they've got Saint Maximn and Almiron around to create more space and take defenders out. Could've done same here with Watkins, Traore and Jack who's pretty quick when on the ball.

I know. I so badly want to get into the “what kind of goals they are” debate lol but, at the end of the day he’s scoring and today makes 4 in 4 games.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

But unless you’ve seen Chelsea this season - they’ve got 5-6 different players since last season - I just don’t think you can make that statement.

i think Werner is plenty good enough for the Prem but from what I’ve seen of him I think he’s been surprised at the pace and having less time before a challenge comes in and he’s been snatching at shots. Something he’d have faced whichever Prem team he would have joined.

But hey, that’s only based on me actually watching him play for Chelsea this season.

They've played football manager this summer and it's going to be a big reason why I think they'll struggle this season and Lampard will probably be sacked. Werner will probably improve when Pulisic comes back into the team but I still think he chose the wrong club. Liverpool would have suited his style more.

23 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Without being an itk I definitely think Rashica was close to signing for us and for whatever reason just before the completion someone moved the goalposts and we've since moved on. 

I think there are a few similarities to this situation...

AGREEMENT ON TRANSFER FEE SOON?

KLAASSEN CHANGE TO AJAX ALMOST PERFECT, BUT NO WERDER FAREWELL YET

Updated: 03/10/2020

Bremen - It was this one sentence from Frank Baumann that made Davy Klaassen at SV Werder Bremen and a possible move to Ajax Amsterdam on Saturday evening look deep.

"If the offer is right, which can happen, Davy will leave us," said the sports director of SV Werder Bremen to the TV broadcaster Sky after the 1-0 home win against Arminia Bielefeld, in which Davy Klaassen had worked for 75 minutes . Baumann also reported: “There was one or the other offer, so far it has not been to our satisfaction. If that doesn't change, Davy will stay with us.

That one sentence above indicated that both clubs must have come very close in haggling over the transfer fee and an agreement is imminent.

Frank Baumann here.

• Like 1