Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

The most nonsense I've seen is this transfer window is people living in some fantasy world where you attract quality "back up" just in case first choice players get injured

How is it nonsense? I'm not expecting prime Mcgrath but I would like an upgrade on Hause 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Silent_Bob said:

Not so sure about what we need most. We’re one injury or suspensjon away from having to put Taylor, Hause or Engels in the starting lineup.

Engels is miles better quality than Taylor or Hause to be fair.

But will his head/heart be in the right place when for the last 6 months or so he’s probably believed, felt or wanted to be off.

i worry much much more about Taylor, then Hause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

If Targett gets injured we are in trouble.  My last signing would be a lb.

It’s bizarre. At RB we now have Cash, Guilbert, Elmo and the young lad Kaine Kesler.

At LB it really is Targett, Taylor and then looking to one of the RBs to act as cover. Guilbert would be my preference but he’s no Luke Young who was almost a better LB than RB.

It’s not good enough imo and a bit silly to go into the season in that position.

Leeds in for Raphina apparently. Know prettty much bugger all about him other than the fact he's a winger. Would probably mean they aren't in for Rashica.

Also, Ruben Vinagre off to Olympiakos on loan. Would have been a very good addition to the squad.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I think we will buy him and convert him to a swashbuckling left back

You joke, but it could work. lol

Wing Back.

Even the likes of Ashley Young and Adama have done it, as well as our own Matty Cash.

If he would want to be in the team at any cost, while Jack is LW.

All futile argument anyway for now.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

18 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I'll put my neck on the line (somewhat) and say he'll either be at Bayern, Leipzig, Leverkusen or us at the end of the window.

Update on this then; appears RBL are going for Kluivert, apparently Leverkusen will only sign another if they sell Bailey and Bayern are signing Choupo Moting as backup striker, look to be going for Bouna Sarr who plays right back and right wing and Marc Roca in centre mid. They were going for Hudson Odoi but that deal is off so will they go for another wide forward instead or will they be happy Sarr can play down the wing? Who knows. Then there's us...

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Also, Ruben Vinagre off to Olympiakos on loan. Would have been a very good addition to the squad.

are his wages cheap as chips and does he have a salty personality.

i'll get me coat

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Another Twitter BS account.

This guy said we were signing Loftus-Cheek not Barkley and also dismissed Traoré link, it’s absolute BS, they’ve not a bloody clue. 

To be fair, it's been reported that Barkley was our first choice, but we were willing to settle for RLC.

When the chance came up that we could get Barkley we rushed back in for Barkley instead.

That being said, yes, likely bollox.

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

I reckon was Rashica was on our radar when there was a chance of Jack going, and fair do's he would be a great replacement. But Jack signed a new deal. I'd bet my first born this will not happen now.

You are very cavalier with your child's future. 😀

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, it's been reported that Barkley was our first choice, but we were willing to settle for RLC.

When the chance came up that we could get Barkley we rushed back in for Barkley instead.

That being said, yes, likely bollox.

Yes it has and it was absolute BS but this guy took a punt on it in the hope of being right. Now he is taking a punt on the new Rashica link. We were always getting Barkley the only delay was due to Chelsea and their pursuit of Rice.

• Like 1