Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

The links to Wilson + King, letting Samatta + Jota go. I think we’ll bring in another forward player. 

If we haven’t got one by 11pm tomorrow night, we’ll get one from the championship. Buendia/Sarr/King still available. 

This.  If the Rashica links are indeed correct, we'll wait right up to International transfer deadline to see if we can get him.  If we can't, we move for King or someone alike.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is this gentleman a reliable source of accurate information about the inner workings of the upper echelons of Aston Villa Football Club or a mere rapscallion, attention seeker, who purveys his tawdry wears in the hope of gleaning a fast buck somehow?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

King plays same role as Grealish FWIW

I thought he played anywhere across the front line tbh.  That versatility would be the appealing option of a move for King if anything Internationally doesn't happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Is this gentleman a reliable source of accurate information about the inner workings of the upper echelons of Aston Villa Football Club or a mere rapscallion, attention seeker, who purveys his tawdry wears in the hope of gleaning a fast buck somehow?

More of the latter I’m afraid. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

King plays same role as Grealish FWIW

And can play up top I think too. 

That’s absolutely fine. If Grealish gets injured he can fill in and if we lose Barkley, we can push Grealish into the middle and King comes into that left forward role. 

It just gives us a few options. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The links to Wilson + King, letting Samatta + Jota go. I think we’ll bring in another forward player. 

If we haven’t got one by 11pm tomorrow night, we’ll get one from the championship. Buendia/Sarr/King still available. 

It might just be we're pressed on FFP at the moment. So we're cutting financial corners where we can. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t care. He’s foreign and he’s telling me what I want to hear. I love the bloke personally. 

You’ve convinced me that the man’s credentials are of the highest order. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

What a great sentence using some wonderful words from the English language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought he played anywhere across the front line tbh.  That versatility would be the appealing option of a move for King if anything Internationally doesn't happen.

Posted before. He played majority LW last season followed by support striker. His heat map last season is all on the left touchline just above half way line not so much corner flag

37 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I'm saying bullshiter like exAVFCemployee who said last week RLC and Rashica was a done deal. At least PremNews has been ahead of ITKs on Bale and that other Spurs signing etc

King is much more of a striker than a winger in my book. He tends to drift wide like Watkins arguably does, or Henry for that matter without comparing abilities.

He's pretty strong and pacy, but I think his body is pretty knackered at this point. If we signed him, I'm sure he'd be more on the treatment table than on the pitch. 

Since we let a winger and striker go, I think it's only two ways about it. Either we are signing a replacement, or we are pressed financially due to FFP. And the latter honestly wouldn't surprise me. 

The questions is whether there are alternatives without a contract that can do a job for us? Lets be honest, when our current options in depth are Davis and AEG, it doesn't need to be a top class player to come in and do better. Can we loan another player from a PL club when we already got Barkley?

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm saying bullshiter like exAVFCemployee who said last week RLC and Rashica was a done deal. At least PremNews has been ahead of ITKs on Bale and that other Spurs signing etc

FWIW, I think we wanted Barkley and if we failed we would go with RLC. I think the deal with Barkley was done in the week before he was unveiled. There were whispers that he was joining earlier and also that he had had his medical. But he was on the bench for Chelsea’s match on Tuesday then early Wednesday he was unveiled. No way did we close all this out on Wednesday morning, the deal was done, photos taken etc prior to Chelsea’s Tuesday evening match, I think Barkley was sleeping on it and when he didn’t get pitch time he knew the game was up and ratified the deal.