Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Starting XI looks good enough for a fairly comfortable mid-table position.  Second XI looks like it would struggle to survive in the Championship.  And that is our current dilemma.  A bad run of injuries or suspensions and our bench / team starts to look flakey.  Add one or two of tonight's line up into our starting XI and it shouldn't be too bad - but three or four, or a couple in the same position (i.e. both centre backs) and suddenly we look poor (although to be fair the same is true of most clubs outside the top 7 or so).  Another big signing and a couple of up and coming prospects from the Championship still needed to give us that little bit more depth.  Then next season we should be in the position of only looking for two or three quality additions each year - especially if the investment in the young'uns starts to come good.   

Edited by allani

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Injured is injured. Ok the long term consequences are lessened with a loan, but it doesn’t help the near and now. It’s just another player unavailable. 

If he’s injured then obviously we wouldn’t bring him in on loan in Jan lol.

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You know King played most games last season at left wing and his heat map is all on the left wing right?

I only watched the first two mins of the video below (music made me want to self harm) but vast majority of his goals I saw came from him on the right? There were some on left but the fact I've always remembered him on the right is what made me suggest him. It sounds as though he was moved to the left last year? Plus King can cover centrally as well. 

With Benrahma I think i've only seen him on the left? 

I'm no massive fan of King, its just he's available and can cover multiple attacking positions 

Spoiler

Harry Souter was immense today. I know that you don't buy on performance against you but from what I've heard from my old uni Stoke loving mates he's the real deal. That way today he could have been playing instead of Hause for us. Tyrese Campbell is someone else who I think is a good prospect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

One bad result and look at all the players we need according to posters ....

Most people were saying we need more before tonight. It's painfully clear we need another attacking option and a backup centre half. We are two injuries away from a Hause/Engels pairing at the back!

Just now, Okonokos said:

Most people were saying we need more before tonight. It's painfully clear we need another attacking option and a backup centre half. We are two injuries away from a Hause/Engels pairing at the back!

Exactly. FFS do people forget what people have been writing on here. Most have said we're probably 2/3 short. 

• Like 2

Yeah we might need one or two more players in an ideal world.

But how many of the bottom half teams in the Premier League have a decent or good 2nd string side? None. A decent bench but not more than that.

We're not going to replace the whole team in one transfer window. We'll have to do with a few back up choices that are not ideal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Yeah we might need one or two more players in an ideal world.

But how many of the bottom half teams in the Premier League have a decent or good 2nd string side? None. A decent bench but not more than that.

We're not going to replace the whole team in one transfer window. We'll have to do with a few back up choices that are not ideal. 

That's why those bottom half teams stay where they are. We are one good player away from potentially challenging for top half. I genuinely think one quality attacking option can make that difference for us. We don't need a new team. It should be possible to get one more in and then maybe a backup centre half on a short term contract or even on loan.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Hey I want a centre back, but I’m seeing we need 3 and 4 players from some people 

Just now, Okonokos said:

That's why those bottom half teams stay where they are. We are one good player away from potentially challenging for top half. I genuinely think one quality attacking option can make that difference for us. We don't need a new team. It should be possible to get one more in and then maybe a backup centre half on a short term contract or even on loan.

Absolutely, I'm not disputing that. I think one more signing would be tremendous but if we're done I'm not bothered and with a bit of luck injury wise we'll hopefully challenge for mid table this season. And then push on after that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Hey I want a centre back, but I’m seeing we need 3 and 4 players from some people 

It’s not another 3-4 players for the first team, just to strengthen the squad. 

We dont need 3 or 4 players. We need a forward to cover all 3 positions and some clarity on engels. If he's not gonna play any part then we need a centre half. Not a great performance from fred tonight but i still think he can fill in a lb. Targett is absolutely more than sdequate for 1st choice (this season)

• Like 2