Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

We do need some genuine out and out pace. Sarr would be my choice. A front three of Grealish - Watkins - Sarr would be good with Traore and Trez as options on the bench. El Ghazi can go. 

I’d ideally like Sarr but I’d take Brewster instead right now and put whatever we save from Sarr being put towards Benrahma (and try and sell El Ghazi).

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’d ideally like Sarr but I’d take Brewster instead right now and put whatever we save from Sarr being put towards Benrahma (and try and sell El Ghazi).

I'm not sold on Brewster... maybe Josh King instead with Rashica or Sarr (loan to buy)? 

I like Benrahma but he's a left winger and it looks like Jack will play there again all season, what with Barkley now in the attacking midfield position. 

25 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

Get a bid in for Souttar, played great for Stole tonight.

I was thinking the same...6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) with 4 goals in 2 games for Australia, but has been on loan in League One the past two seasons...

What we are paying for a little is Suso not strengthening the U23s AT ALL over an 18 month period.

Absolutely disgraceful imo.

Had he scouted a ST, CB, CM and LB for the U23s maybe 2 or 3 would be ready to step up now.

Edited by rayk

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm not sold on Brewster... maybe Josh King instead with Rashica or Sarr (loan to buy)? 

I like Benrahma but he's a left winger and it looks like Jack will play there again all season, what with Barkley now in the attacking midfield position. 

Right now it’s who’s available and he’s available.

Benrahma good enough to play both wings and good enough to give Traore competition in a way Trez or El Ghazi can’t.

We need players to push some of those which started tonight out of the squad altogether.

It's truly scary to think we are only a couple of injuries away from the likes of Hause

For me

LCB who can also cover LB

Or LCB plus LB who can also cover LW.

Another CM/CDM to compete with Luiz?

Don't even care if they are on loan at this point.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

We're short at CB as well... serious injury to Mings (who does have history of injuries) and Konsa and we are screwed. Left with either Hause, who is just poor, or Engels, who has thighs made of papier mache. 

Maybe Axel on loan? Or that big African defender we were linked with last summer who got injured? (name eludes me)

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

You know King played most games last season at left wing and his heat map is all on the left wing right?

Still think / hope we've got at least 1 more deal left before the close of the window.

The players that have come in have made this window the best in years, but the squad is hampered by a group of backup players who would struggle in a Top 6 Championship team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

We're short at CB as well... serious injury to Mings (who does have history of injuries) and Konsa and we are screwed. Left with either Hause, who is just poor, or Engels, who has thighs made of papier mache. 

Maybe Axel on loan? Or that big African defender we were linked with last summer who got injured? (name eludes me)

Victor Nelsson is a very good CB and would be happy to play second fiddle.

Axel unlikely to come to sit on the bench.....but would be a must in Jan if we got any injuries.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Victor Nelsson is a very good CB and would be happy to play second fiddle.

Axel unlikely to come to sit on the bench.....but would me a must in Jan if we got any injuries.

Axel whilst a very good player is injury prone himself, we’d possibly just be buying ,more injury problems. 

Someone like Domagoj Vida would be amazing cover at centre back. Experienced and played at a high level, would be available for about £3m and would instantly improve our backup defensive options. We've been rumoured to be interested for a long time so there may be legs to this one.

Then hopefully we can pull of a deal for the rocket man before Tuesday. If not, we should use the next week to get Benrahma.

Additional bonus would be Brewster on loan.

Need to try and ship out a few too.

Edited by Okonokos

I think most PL full second strings aren't that good.

Its very hard to change XI players and get them to look like a team.

A 3 (Sessegnon on loan?), a 5 (Nelson) (with Engels sold), a 6 (??) (with Nakamba sold), Josh King (with Davis going out on loan) and one of Benrhama or Rashica (with AEG sold) works for me!!