Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone got any idea how much Lansbury earns? 

A mate was asking. 

I would find out for you but i'm still waiting for Josh King to be unveiled. Someone told me it was done. 

For what it's worth I think he probably signed for £40k in The Championship and had a clause which doubled his wages upon promotion to The PL. 

It shows we are still paying for the utter lunacy of the Xia years. 

Hopefully we can do a Hogan and earn enough of a fee to cover the difference between our wages and his new wages.   However I suspect he will just go on loan to whoever will fund the most of his wages. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Watching Reims v PSG, are all Kosovan players rapid? Arber Zeneli looks like he's on speed.

He's actually born and raised in Sweden and played for all the Swedish youth sides including the U-21's, but opted to play for Kosovo instead at senior level.

• Thanks 1

Just feels like Rashica would be such a “key signing” as it looks like Martinez & Watkins have been... the missing piece of the puzzle? 

So we have until 5th October to wrap it up or move on? Then until 16th for EFL deals (not PL)? If the Rashica deal doesn’t happen, I could see us “plumping for” Benrahma unless we go all out for Sarr... we just have to be wary of other teams pursuing the same players and not get beaten to the punch...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Brace yourselves. 

He posted a teaser just before the Grealish contract announcement. 

Or it could be nothing!

I'm more curious to the 10 pm part. Doesn't make much sense to me. Even if it was post match it would be a different time. 

25 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He played 25 games for us, he just wasn't very good for us. 

I think Veretout is one of those that can be good in the French and Italian league, but not here. He wasn't up to the pace and didn't adapt. Was too slow and weak for the PL. He was a good passer though and an intelligent player, with some more time here he could have improved a bit, but I doubt he would ever be good enough for the PL. Gana adapted more quickly and showed that he could compete. He was a more defensive player so it's not fully fair to compare them, but in terms of adapting to the PL he did it, Veretout didn't.

We really need a midfielder, and what the Veretout example shows is that there is always a risk bringing in players from other leagues. I think we really need a proven PL midfielder. A box to box one who can go straight in and perform. My realistic targets at the moment would be Will Hughes or John Lundstram. 

• Like 1