Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And that's a shite cop out.

Back up your claim I am.talking shit since you where first out the traps to ridicule it.

If I am going to declare "bullshit" on someones statement of something I would always have evidence to back up what I say just justify in doing so to counter with, not post shit and hide behind a keyboard and then divert when challenged over it.

I ask again,  if I am talking shit, show me Lansburys actual wage.

In fairness to Kenji, you claimed that we have 7 players getting paid £70k+ p/w, and you've given nothing to back this up. As the person making the outlandish claim, the burden of proof is on you

• Like 4

Ok lets get this on track:

€10m for some 21y.o. Copenhagen CB? Seems to have a whiff of possibility about it

Rashica still possible depending what you read: fee agreed, wages not. Could go to the wire unless other interest arrives

Some noises around Sarr and Benrahma and while we are looking and they are still available anything could happen.

Loftus Cheek seems likely, but we would prefer Barkley. Is it possible we get both on loan?

Still need an additional striker: Edouard still possible, anyone else realistically? Or does this depend if we dont sign Rashica etc?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mole86 said:

I think it would be Rudiger they take on loan in that deal

But he plays CB and Rice principally a DCM.

Im not saying they’re not interested in Rudiger, just that they may be interested in RLC even if they have signed Soucek permanently.

5 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

In fairness to Kenji, you claimed that we have 7 players getting paid £70k+ p/w, and you've given nothing to back this up. As the person making the outlandish claim, the burden of proof is on you

Take it or leave it.  😘

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

They’re probably all on the same. I saw a headline somewhere about Leeds doing their finance differently to anyone else. Perhaps  Risdale has advised them as this sounds exactly the sort of stuff he was coming out with about 16 years ago. Good luck with that. 

I just dont think that’s possible? I thought Phillips was the highest paid and signed a new deal around £25Kp.w. last summer?

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Ok lets get this on track:

€10m for some 21y.o. Copenhagen CB? Seems to have a whiff of possibility about it

Rashica still possible depending what you read: fee agreed, wages not. Could go to the wire unless other interest arrives

Some noises around Sarr and Benrahma and while we are looking and they are still available anything could happen.

Loftus Cheek seems likely, but we would prefer Barkley. Is it possible we get both on loan?

Still need an additional striker: Edouard still possible, anyone else realistically? Or does this depend if we dont sign Rashica etc?

Matt Maher (pretty reliable) from the Express and Star says there's nothing in the Nelsson link. I can see us holding out on our remaining top targets until near the deadline to get more reasonable prices. If we can't get them over the line, players from the relegated teams will still be gettable for another while

• Like 1

Interestingly the transfer window for inter-Premier League transfers is Monday 5th October too. I assumed it had an extra week the same as domestic transfers from the EFL. Strange that they would restrict it that way. I imagine all our business will be done by close of play on the 5th. 

I seriously cannot wait for the Rashica saga to be over one way or another. I think we’ll get him and Barkley and that’ll be that.

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve not read much of this thread since Friday, can anyone sum up what’s happening transfer-wise? Any new info? 

Purslow and Lange are in Bremen scoffing Nürnberger Rostbratwurst and swigging Erdinger Hafeweizen whilst waiting for Baumann to stop playing with his Glockenspiel and pick up his Pelikan Souveran and sign the bloody contract, ya.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah no need for that. We all know it's wrong. He's probably on a fat wedge, but the idea he was on more on the reported wage we gave Grealish on his continuation contract, is absurd

Well I don’t know that it’s wrong and a lot of other posters have said they wouldn’t be surprised too. Some stupid contracts handed out during Xia’s time so it’s hardly out of the question. Besides I think the original post said, “apparently”, nobody is claiming to have seen his contract or anyone else’s. 

I believe we all need to be careful when we try to ridicule posters who are good enough to share something they may have heard. Especially if we try to say something that someone has posted is definitely not true. That would imply that the critical poster knows something himself, the logical conclusion being that he must be more ITK than the original poster. 

Many of the most popular threads on here are about opinions and what people have heard or read. The vast majority of it won’t be factually correct. However if nobody posted anything unless it was fact there would only be board members and senior management at AVFC in here and zero posts! 

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And that's a shite cop out.

Back up your claim I am.talking shit since you where first out the traps to ridicule it.

If I am going to declare "bullshit" on someones statement of something I would always have evidence to back up what I say just justify in doing so to counter with, not post shit and hide behind a keyboard and then divert when challenged over it.

I ask again,  if I am talking shit, show me Lansburys actual wage.

It doesn't take much of a Google search to find a website which says his wage is £80k. Wether you believe or not, I'm as sceptical as the next person. So, using the word apparently would make your claim valid 

To call your post bullshit, despite this, is extremely harsh and unnecessary.

• Like 1