Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

So we are interested in a defender? Surely we require  a wide midfielder/forward more than a  fifth central defender or am I missing something?

Engels will go if we sign Nelsson.

We’ll get that forward still imo.

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

Engels will go if we sign Nelsson.

We’ll get that forward still imo.

Yeah i dont think we will see engels play for us again. I think engels is better than hause.

Problem with engels is he comes up against someone with pace or a bit of trickery he struggles..bad

4 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I thought Dean said we're only one player short and we're looking to bring in someone who can play in midfield and attack?

I think when DS says things like that it assumes no one is leaving. But if Engels goes, Nelsson comes in.

If El Ghazi/Trez goes the. We can bring in a winger.

If Ramsey goes out on loan or we sell a CM, then we bring in RLC on loan.

Etc, etc, etc.

The FCK manager has said Lange would never come in for one of his players with a week left in the window. So I think we can assume that the Nelsson link was lazy journalism. 

Still think we’ll get Rashica and Barkley/RLC. Would be an incredible window if we get them both done, but I’d settle for just Rashica. Don’t think I’ve wanted a player this much since Juan Pablo. And no, I’d never heard of him before this year, and don’t think I’ve ever seen him play. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Smith has said that he doesn't think we're short up front and in a seperate interview said that we need to strengthen in midfield and in attack but added that they could get someone in that could do both jobs, or words to that effect, so wouldn't be surprised if Barkley is our only signing if we can get him, as he can play centrally, as a no.10, or as a wide forward.

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Smith trusts Konsa and Mings to be our main centre half pairing it makes sense to buy a young promising 3rd centre half to challenge Konsa. Hopefully he is ready if called upon on.

I think it's the other way around mate. Konsa will only get better. He's gonna be very hard to shift from that position. It's Mings who needs to be watching out in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Smith has said that he doesn't think we're short up front and in a seperate interview said that we need to strengthen in midfield and in attack but added that they could get someone in that could do both jobs, or words to that effect, so wouldn't be surprised if Barkley is our only signing if we can get him, as he can play centrally, as a no.10, or as a wide forward.

Would Barkley be a loan signing?

(It's probably been mentioned already if he is or not).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

As long as I remember watching Barkley he's never been a wide forward. According to transfermarkt 284 appearances of 288 are #10 or midfield with 248 almost split 50/50 between #10 and central midfield. He plays loads for Chelsea as double pivot in 2 of 4231

Edited by Kiwivillan

Yeah RLC seems more likely to be someone who can play CM but also in one of the wide forward roles. He started first game of the season there for Chelsea against Brighton.

Worried about his injury record but then I was about Mings too. He's got bags of talent for sure. 

• Like 1

Transfermarkt are wrong, I've seen Barkley play as a wide forward, but when he has played there he's played more of a wide no.10, kind of how Grealish plays, so he's more central, I think they're just counting the times he's played wide as him being an 'attacking midfielder', certanly I never seen him play in a double pivot, he's not really a defensively minded player.

Loftus-Cheek is the more defensive minded of the two, as in he's more of a traditonal box-to-box player, if we were to sign him there'd be no intention to play him wide or upfront.