Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He wants too long on the ball to play in CM, he’s not infallible and does get caught in possession at times, if that happens in CM it can be a real problem.

Wanting too long on the ball whilst playing out wide can slow down our attacks too. He doesn't have the pace to get in behind which is why he'd be better in the middle. We need someone with genuine pace out wide.

Also, the main point is options. We need options. Some people have said we don't need a wide player because Grealish can play there but how about we just try and get more options? One game Grealish can be in the middle and one he can be out wide. Right now our options for the left side are Grealish, El Ghazi or Trezeguet and that is not good enough. I'd say we are in desperate need of a quality player there.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can't you see he's wasted out wide? He doesn't get on the ball anywhere near enough

He’s on the ball literally every time we get the ball. Our main tactic is to give it to him.

Personally I think it’s a positive thing we have a player who can play well for us in either position - and different opponents might mean it’s better to use him in one or the other.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If spending/FFP is an issue, JT is great friends with Lampard and obviously very highly thought of at Chelsea. There are plenty of players there not going to get much game time who we could bring in on loan that would not only improve the squad but the first team - Barkley, Loftus Cheek, Tammy, Christensen, Tomori, Hudson Odoi. I know we said last summer we're not looking at loans but I hope they've changed their mind on that because there are potentially some quality players we could bring in short term who could help establish us in this league until we're able to bring in that higher calibre of player. 

I would absolutely be using that Chelsea link, agreed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Wanting too long on the ball whilst playing out wide can slow down our attacks too. He doesn't have the pace to get in behind which is why he'd be better in the middle. We need someone with genuine pace out wide.

Also, the main point is options. We need options. Some people have said we don't need a wide player because Grealish can play there but how about we just try and get more options? One game Grealish can be in the middle and one he can be out wide. Right now our options for the left side are Grealish, El Ghazi or Trezeguet and that is not good enough. I'd say we are in desperate need of a quality player there.

I think we’re in more need of a quality centre midfielder personally, it was evident again on Monday that we cannot transition the ball through midfield very well.

2 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

I think we will bring in a forward player who can play LW and CF (King/Rashica?) And a CM. I'd like a CB on top but think that could be dependent on Engels leaving.

So in summary I'm expecting to see 2-3 new faces.

Yeah I'm still expecting a few big ones yet but also some squad fillers as our bench looks a bit weak.  Ideally you want to push the first XI players to the bench with purchases of better quality jumping into the first team but that takes many windows to do so some cheap squad fillers will be needed in the interim.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think we’re in more need of a quality centre midfielder personally, it was evident again on Monday that we cannot transition the ball through midfield very well.

I think we need both to be honest. Look at our bench from the other night too. We also need better quality squad players to make an impact as a sub. Wide attacker, centre mid and centre back are the minimums for me. Would also like a backup striker too, especially if Samatta goes.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

after monday i think this is more urgent than another winger/CF/LB

all 3 had off games, and smith had no one to turn to on the bench. though i guess cash is still an option for CM

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

in a world where Wolves have just signed a right back for £38m from Barcelona, I just don't know what to expect anymore. 

They have an incredibly fast and quality right side now with Traore and Semedo.  I always liked Semedo when I saw him play, i know not totally taken to heart by Barca fans but a quality signing for Wolves in my eyes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Apart from the aforesaid Darren Bent other notable January signings include Van Dijk, Coutinho, Suarez, Aubameyeng, Laporte, Cahill, Matic....some value in there too!

Yes but due to FFP we will only have 79p to spend in january according to doris the tea lady

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

in a world where Wolves have just signed a right back for £38m from Barcelona, I just don't know what to expect anymore. 

I wish I hadn't laughed so much when they got sold for 50p. They got the right dodgy Chinese owner and a dodgy super agent rorter and the football authorities turned a blind eye

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I'm still expecting a few big ones...

In the absence of any transfer speculation,  i reverted to being my immature self and posted this:

images (11).jpeg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3