Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we still need another 4 or 5 players in the LB, CB, MC, AML & ST roles.

Maybe we're not going to see much action until the final week of the window?...

Hopefully no 2am fat slags.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we still need another 4 or 5 players in the LB, CB, MC, AML & ST roles.

Maybe we're not going to see much action until the final week of the window?...

AML > MC > CB > ST > LB

In that priority, for me. I'll worry if we don't get another attacking wide player in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That will be a disappointment if indeed the case.

Great keeper, right back with a solid debut, record striker signing. All of those are starters.

This is a crazy window, so if we added just another attacking midfielder like Rashica or Sarr, I'd say this is a very good window whichever way you look at it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Great keeper, right back with a solid debut, record striker signing. All of those are starters.

This is a crazy window, so if we added just another attacking midfielder like Rashica or Sarr, I'd say this is a very good window whichever way you look at it.

No, I think we need another 4 or 5 to strengthen, if only 1 more arrives then il be slightly disappointed by that.

As a whole... we've done good business so far and I am not disputing that.

A few in and a few out. Which has started with Hogan and Samatta.

I think El Ghazi, Lansbury and maybe Taylor if we can pick up a decent LB will follow. We absolutely must get another winger / forward and central midfielder and a centre half. I can't believe the club won't see it that way.

• Like 1

We've already got Grealish, Bertrand Traoré, El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Watkins who can all play wide, if we can get someone like Sarr or Rashica then we should do it, but really we're not desperate for another signing in that position.

Where we need strengthening the most is central midfield, I think that's a position that will be strengthened no matter what, and the rest will depend on who leaves.

Just now, useless said:

We've already got Grealish, Bertrand Traoré, El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Watkins who can all play wide, if we can get someone like Sarr or Rashica then we should do it, but really we're not desperate for another signing in that position.

Where we need strengthening the most is central midfield, I think that's a position that will be strengthened no matter what, and the rest will depend on who leaves.

I'd say we're desperate for someone to play out wide. El Ghazi and Trezeguet are simply not good enough to be starters. Grealish will be better as a number 10. As good as he was last season on the left, I still think he's wasted out there and he doesn't have the pace to burst in behind the defence. Traore will play on the right and Watkins has been signed as a striker. I fear we'll struggle to break teams down if we don't get a quality wide player, like Rashica for example.

Centre midfield needs strengthening and we also need a backup centre back. One injury to Mings or Konsa and we're down to Hause or Engels. That worries me.

I can’t remember the exact quote but wasn’t Purslow quoted to say we wanted to build three teams?

One to get promoted ✅ One to stay up ✅ And one to push on up the league...

We’re at stage three now so I’m expecting that we will add more signings where possible and that we won’t be too sentimental about replacing players involved in stages 1 and 2, if we can find better. 

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Of those players, one has been bought as a striker who play wide if needed, one wants to play as a CAM and should, one is definitely rubbish, one might be rubbish and shouldn't start, the other one will hopefully be a baller. We still need another winger.

But yes, we 100% need at least 1 more CM. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

One to get promoted ✅ One to stay up ✅ And one to push on up the league...

We’re at stage three now so I’m expecting that we will add more signings where possible and that we won’t be too sentimental about replacing players involved in stages 1 and 2, if we can find better. 

I would argue we're still in stage 2

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No, I think we need another 4 or 5 to strengthen, if only 1 more arrives then il be slightly disappointed by that.

As a whole... we've done good business so far and I am not disputing that.

But if we got another 5 on top of the 4 we already have, that's 9 players.  Basically buying a whole new first team!   

That's not realistically going to happen.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

I think 3 is the minimum we can get in without being left completely exposed.

The game the last night shows how weak we still are in the final third relying on people like Trez, Davis is only going to get you so far. Granted Traoré was absent but still an injury to Watkins and I can’t see us scoring a lot of goals.

Grealish shouldn't play as 'CAM' and should play where he's told not where he dictates.  Why so many insist he should be playing in central midfield is beyond me, he and the team are nowhere as good when he plays in that position, if you want play him there you'd have change the rest of the midfield as we're not good enough to play with a three man midfield of him, McGinn and Luiz, leaves us too exposed as that's too attack minded.

I think we just have to stop faffing about with these fantasies of him being a central-midfielder and play him in the poaition where he was one of the best players in the premier league last season and where he earned his current reputation.

• Like 1

Another way of looking at it, say our budget was £100m.

We've spent £30+20+16+18=£84 million.    Plus Rashica or someone like that for £20m.

Thats £104 million spent. 

Even if we really pushed it to £120m budget by bringing forward spending from next summer, we could probably only get another 1 person in on top of the winger/Rashica.