Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Exactly. This is why we need more players.

If we sign a left-sided forward and Grealish gets injured, we're ****.
If we sign a roaming playmaker and Grealish gets injured, we're ****.

The signing of players doesn't really change this, does it?

Do we need to improve the starting eleven?  Ideally, yes.  Are we **** if Grealish gets injured, irrespective?  Yes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If we sign a left-sided forward and Grealish gets injured, we're ****.
If we sign a roaming playmaker and Grealish gets injured, we're ****.

The signing of players doesn't really change this, does it?

Do we need to improve the starting eleven?  Ideally, yes.  Are we **** if Grealish gets injured, irrespective?  Yes.

Signing more quality players just gives us more options. Grealish getting injured would be a disaster but it would be less of a disaster if we can sign as many good players as we can.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pelle said:

I know, I know. Your friends tell you it's not real love, but what do they know? And then when she she rides with that other dude in his Ferrari you think, sitting there in your rusty old beetle from '62 "What's he got that I don't?" You shed a little tear then you go home and have a good ol' w**k going down the memory lane. You have a few beers and then you think you better call her up. She asks you how much money you have and you check your almost empty wallet. "A tenner and a fiver", you say. "Well, that's a handjob." And then you cheer thinking "It's on again! I beat that Ferrari rocket polisher!" And off you go.

Oh, transfers... We need a winger and I still have my hopes up for Rashica. Wouldn't mind a new CD either as we're short of backup. Engels seems to be eternally injured and Hause is 4th backup at best. If Konsa and/or Mings get injured we're in trouble.

A CM wouldn't be a miss, but I still think McGinn can do it. He was quite good at the start of last season, scoring against spuds for example. Hitting the post against citeh.

but that player is not here now, we have a shadow of him.....we need a Central midfielder.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

but that player is not here now, we have a shadow of him.....we need a Central midfielder.

Yes he is, maybe the shadow is just the blinkers you're wearing, take them off and no shadow! 😆

On a serious note, we're one game into the season, give the guy a bloody chance, he's shown his determination and quality consistently throughout his career. His form last year was winning plaudits left right and centre until he got injured. That'll come back with a good run of games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

I though he was alleged to be fat :)

But seriously he is here. He got a bad injury, couldn't access full medical/physio assistance during lockdown, came back played a few games but was unsurprisingly not anywhere close to match sharp, then we had another break...then 1 game back. It's "normal" for players to take a while to get back match sharpness and so on after lay-offs. He'll get there.

I hope you ar right Pete.....looks very laboured to me.

I understand the injury, but I can only comment on what I see......I have no idea how long these things take or in fact if they ever recover their form....fingers crossed.

12 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

Yes he is, maybe the shadow is just the blinkers you're wearing, take them off and no shadow! 😆

On a serious note, we're one game into the season, give the guy a bloody chance, he's shown his determination and quality consistently throughout his career. His form last year was winning plaudits left right and centre until he got injured. That'll come back with a good run of games.

I have no blinkers mate, look in the mirror.....and all my other villa supporting mates say the same thing to me......SO FAR.

I hope you are right, that his form will come back, as he is a revered player of ours......I am talking reality though, not what might happen and not what we all hope will happen.

like you I am keen for him to find his form.

Edited by TRO

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

I though he was alleged to be fat :)

But seriously he is here. He got a bad injury, couldn't access full medical/physio assistance during lockdown, came back played a few games but was unsurprisingly not anywhere close to match sharp, then we had another break...then 1 game back. It's "normal" for players to take a while to get back match sharpness and so on after lay-offs. He'll get there.

And I remember some fans being really angry when DS said that he didn't want to rush McGinn into the side after being injured for quite some time. Now some say he's notgood enough and never has been for good enough for PL. It can't be easy to be manager these days.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Left back would be somewhere we could strengthen if the opportunity became available. Targett doesn't look the most confident bloke and it's reflected in how he plays.

I think if Villa made the proverbial 20m offer for Rico Henry then it might shift Brentford’s stance on selling any more players outside of Banana.

My three remaining wants for Villa this window is Edouard, Henry and Benrahma.

Yes I know it’s a lot of money but as someone else has said Grealish wouldn’t have signed a new deal on the basis of who Villa have signed so far.

Ludwig Augustinsson would likely cost less than half of what Rico Henry is rumored to be if £20m is correct, and he's a better player. The Championship premium is ridiculous.

Henry is also tiny, being only 5ft 7, not that that is the most important thing for a LB but still.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1