Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, Roitorb said:

But I thought she loved me??

I know, I know. Your friends tell you it's not real love, but what do they know? And then when she she rides with that other dude in his Ferrari you think, sitting there in your rusty old beetle from '62 "What's he got that I don't?" You shed a little tear then you go home and have a good ol' w**k going down the memory lane. You have a few beers and then you think you better call her up. She asks you how much money you have and you check your almost empty wallet. "A tenner and a fiver", you say. "Well, that's a handjob." And then you cheer thinking "It's on again! I beat that Ferrari rocket polisher!" And off you go.

Oh, transfers... We need a winger and I still have my hopes up for Rashica. Wouldn't mind a new CD either as we're short of backup. Engels seems to be eternally injured and Hause is 4th backup at best. If Konsa and/or Mings get injured we're in trouble.

A CM wouldn't be a miss, but I still think McGinn can do it. He was quite good at the start of last season, scoring against spuds for example. Hitting the post against citeh.

• Haha 1

Everyone is guessing hwo many more player we are looking to bring in, and that's all we can do, guess, because no one knows for sure outside of the club hierarchy. However, I personally think the calls for 4 or 5 more, with additional left backs and centre backs are probably being too optimistic. I think we'll be looking to add a wide left player (hopefully who can also cover up front like Traore) and a CM. Then if Samatta does leave another striker to lessen the burden on Watkins, but barring defenders leaving I just can't see us signing any one else at the back. It would require Taylor or Engels to leave, and that looks less and less likely by the day.

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

Rico is the last person I would want to be sold, personally I thought he was our best player all last season, just ahead of Ollie & Said. 

Sold you’ve convinced us, we’ll have him. Would you take an almost new Jota in px? Or perhaps the Taylor a nice reliable run around, nothing flash but gets you from A to B? We can’t offer you the Elmo I’m afraid there’s a chap from the north east who’s set his heart on him. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Grealish gets injured, we're seriously, seriously f*****. 

18 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This is why I just don't understand why people say we don't need a left sided attacker. We need one urgently.

If <best player in the team> of <literally any team> gets injured, they're ****.  Purchasing someone in backup doesn't solve that.  They won't be anywhere near as good if they're coming to be backup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

If <best player in the team> of <literally any team> gets injured, they're ****.  Purchasing someone in backup doesn't solve that.  They won't be anywhere near as good if they're coming to be backup.

They won't be coming here to be backup. They'll be coming here to be a starter so we can move Grealish into a free role rather than on the left. If Grealish got injured our options to play on the left are Trezeguet or El Ghazi. That is just not good enough.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

They won't be coming here to be backup. They'll be coming here to be a starter so we can move Grealish into a free role rather than on the left. If Grealish got injured our options to play on the left are Trezeguet or El Ghazi. That is just not good enough.

So what happens if Grealish gets injured in the free role position?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's not about having a back up. It's about having someone other than Grealish being able to create something, anything. Everything goes through him. All of our players look for him and look to him to create something.

We need another forward player that can create something. 

• Like 1