Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We're signing Traoré as a right-winger, if he's doing well there we don't want to be in a position where we have to move him because we're inadequately covered in the centre-forward positions. Plus if you look at the line-ups of whenever he's played as a centre-forward he's always played with a strike partner. Pretty much every journalist is saying that Smith wants another striker and I think that's what will happen.

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore wouldn't be out of position. 12 goals in 24 league CF appearances over the years. Looking at him on YouTube he's greedy and likes to go for goal so less winger anyway

Him being upfront though means AEG and Trez are closer to starting games though....

Ideally we need 3 strikers and Traore, Rashica and Grealish alternating as wide options. Trez and AEG would still get minutes off the bench as it's a long season and we will get injuries just like last year although hopefully not as long term as some of the ones we had.

Arkadiusz Milik Linked with Spurs, Toon & Fulham... worth a sniff surely at the reported £23 mill.

I hope we one day find out who the mystery #8 is/was - it’s bugging me who it could be with no one able to confirm my guesses. 

I think Milner will stay where he is, until Liverpool tell him that he's no longer wanted there and that's unlikely to be during this window.

He was exceptional when he was with us, but that's a long time ago. I suspect that since he's left, he hasn't quite given us as much thought as Villa fans, have thought about him coming back here. For me, he's like Benteke and Young, ex-players whose time with us is in the past. They have moved on now and they were happy to move on from us, to their respective "bigger clubs". 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Arkadiusz Milik Linked with Spurs, Toon & Fulham... worth a sniff surely at the reported £23 mill.

I hope we one day find out who the mystery #8 is/was - it’s bugging me who it could be with no one able to confirm my guesses. 

Same 😂 I've even been scanning squad lists on Transfermarkt to no avail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbvilla909 said:

We need another CB, if one of Mings or Konsa get injured we're screwed, if both do, then we're in real s***

This...absolutely this. And given both Konsa (hamstring) and Mings (something to do with his knee?) were hobbling around at some point during yesterday's game it is actually more a case of when, not if.

CB is high on my list of needs at the moment. Just behind a right winger, and closely followed by a better Nakamba.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This...absolutely this. And given both Konsa (hamstring) and Mings (something to do with his knee?) were hobbling around at some point during yesterday's game it is actually more a case of when, not if.

CB is high on my list of needs at the moment. Just behind a right winger, and closely followed by a better Nakamba.

The first part I completely agree with. Joachim Andersen is reportedly available loan to buy for €3mill then €17mill. Kristofer Ajer is my first choice and also put one of @Villan4Life favs joe Rodon from Swansea. 

Secondly you surely mean left winger as just signed Traore? Striker or B2B Mid over replacing Nakamba & challenge/replace McGinn. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The first part I completely agree with. Joachim Andersen is reportedly available loan to buy for €3mill then €17mill. Kristofer Ajer is my first choice and also put one of @Villan4Life favs joe Rodon from Swansea. 

if @Villan4Life thinks he's good he gets my vote. 

Am I to assume you don't completely agree with the second part?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wonderful Wednesday...

A signing today please.

That would be clear out of the blue if it happened. Rashica seemingly no closer and no-one else credibly linked yet. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Given the whole #8 talk originated from Gregg Evans, I'd save yourself any further hassle of searching. 😄

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Secondly you surely mean left winger as just signed Traore? Striker or B2B Mid over replacing Nakamba & challenge/replace McGinn. 

Andersen would be a smart pick up, he's been a bit like Traore as it hasn't worked out for him at Lyon but he was good in Italy for Sampdoria. We obviously must know of him if we've been watching Lyon regularly in last few months and he's Danish aswell so would be on Lange's radar aswell.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take much notice of 'lack' of links etc. The Traore link popped up when the deal was practically done. The closer we get to the window I imagine cards are being kept much closer to chest. The same way the media make up stuff, they also have no idea of actual stuff being done until it gets out nearing completion.

Edited by Trickster

I’m wondering whether the club needs to move the dead wood on and clear the wages, prior to signing any new players.

Still don’t believe Rashica is coming, seems to be a new CM as a priority and possibly a new striker.

5 hours ago, useless said:

We're signing Traoré as a right-winger, if he's doing well there we don't want to be in a position where we have to move him because we're inadequately covered in the centre-forward positions. Plus if you look at the line-ups of whenever he's played as a centre-forward he's always played with a strike partner. Pretty much every journalist is saying that Smith wants another striker and I think that's what will happen.

Watkins, Davis and Wesley will all have to be injured at the same time for that to happen. We don't need to spend whatever we have left on a fourth striker...

• Like 1