Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be honest, I think it's a really poor effort to respond to objective facts in this way. Isn't it better form to take those facts into account, rather than dismiss them off hand? 

Did I do this? No I didn’t dismiss offhand 

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't think Wesley is better than Abraham, because my eyes tell me a different story. But I do think there's a player in Wesley, and the numbers seem to suggest potential, if nothing else.

I’m a huge Wes fan, I’m really looking forward to when he’s back and sad to hear it now won’t be to the new year. I really think there is a player inside Wes.  Dismissing the stats was more because I wasn’t comparing Tammy and Wes, not sure who was for that poster to bring up those stats apart from them saying Tammy isn’t better than what we have I think.  I have no issue with them thinking that, I think Tammy would be an incredible asset to us.  

I think the original argument before that poster got involved really boiled down to somebody assigning an arbitrary 55m price tag.  I said I’d pay it, others said they wouldn’t pay above 25m.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Did I do this? No I didn’t dismiss offhand 

I’m a huge Wes fan, I’m really looking forward to when he’s back and sad to hear it now won’t be to the new year. I really think there is a player inside Wes.  Dismissing the stats was more because I wasn’t comparing Tammy and Wes, not sure who was for that poster to bring up those stats apart from them saying Tammy isn’t better than what we have I think.  I have no issue with them thinking that, I think Tammy would be an incredible asset to us.  

I think the original argument before that poster got involved really boiled down to somebody assigning an arbitrary 55m price tag.  I said I’d pay it, others said they wouldn’t pay above 25m.

I would rather have a 90% Tammy week in week out then a 50% Wes, we ain't got time to find out if he will make it, he certainly hasn't so far, I'd like him to because there might be something there. 

Chelsea will want approaching that fee for Tammy, it's roughly the going rate if Joe Linton was 40m, he's a young English International proven goal scorer wherever he has been, some say unproven, the same say they prefer Wes (very unproven) but they are different, If Chelsea want circa 55m It's up to us to drive that fee down and get it done if it is even an option. 

Ollie seems driven and I cant wait to see how he does, there is no guarantee though, there are injuries, covid isolating etc etc, If he is fighting it out with Davis and Ally he isn't being pushed to the limit, If he has Tammy breathing down his neck or vice versa, they are both gonna be on their toes, that's the level we need this season, or we will finish 14-17 again and a 14th season will feel like a 17th through the months, it will not be pretty, give us strength and we will finish higher, that will feel like progress, it will feel good.

Give me Ollie, Tammy, a fit Wes and Davis and we will have a good season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, whats that now? (exc. add-ons)

Martinez - 16m, Cash - 14m, Watkins - 28m, Traore - 19m

77m so far.

still need a midfielder and another winger prob?, or another winger and Jack goes central?

Pretty much this. I’d like a big bastard central midfielder, an enforcer so to speak, and Rashica.

And if I’m being reallllly greedy. Rico Henry and a big centre half. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Pretty much this. I’d like a big bastard central midfielder, an enforcer so to speak, and Rashica.

And if I’m being reallllly greedy. Rico Henry and a big centre half. 

i can get on board with that, an engine/animal in the middle, rashica and a LB would be on my wish list.

then a CB if we had anything left.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

i can get on board with that, an engine/animal in the middle, rashica and a LB would be on my wish list.

then a CB if we had anything left.

If we sign Rashica, I’d let El Ghazi go. I’m done with him. 

Then it’s a case of getting rid of Lansbury, Samatta, Engels, Kalinic, Nyland and Jota somehow. 

I don’t think we’ll sign more than 2 if we can’t shift some of the shite first. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we sign Rashica, I’d let El Ghazi go. I’m done with him. 

Then it’s a case of getting rid of Lansbury, Samatta, Engels, Kalinic, Nyland and Jota somehow. 

I don’t think we’ll sign more than 2 if we can’t shift some of the shite first. 

We can't do that.

We were weak on the wings last season.

We now have Grealish, Traore, Trezeguet and El Ghazi. It's options and competition.

El Ghazi now has a season as a backup player to prove his worth.

• Like 1

From the BBC’s article on Traoré signing: Having spent what could be up to £83m this summer, there is not expected to be any further big spending by Villa before the 5 October transfer deadline.”

🧐