Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Classic bit of modern ‘journalism’.

In the absence of information they just write about their own opinions.

Pretty hard to separate so-called ‘professional journalists’ from any random internet blogger these days.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 2

We still need a left sided forward and poss CB, DCM, LB and CF cover. The left sided forward should be a first 11 player the rest can be young with potential to break through that give us some more depth. Might be that Jacob Ramsey is already seen as the Midfielder, he looked useful in the cup game. CB depends if Engels is ever going to play again and who we have from the u23s, striker if Samatta is on the way out you'd think we need another one though now Davis has scored he might take a leap forward with the confidence. LB not sure if we have anyone from the u23s? 

1 hour ago, a-k said:

From the BBC’s article on Traoré signing: Having spent what could be up to £83m this summer, there is not expected to be any further big spending by Villa before the 5 October transfer deadline.”

🧐

I've seen smarter scotch eggs than this boob

19 hours ago, Okonokos said:

He has scored 3 goals this calendar year and before last season all of his goals were in the Championship. A proven goalscorer is someone who scores at the top level year in year out, eg - Aguero, Vardy, Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Salah, Mane etc. When Abraham has scored double figures at least for say 3+ seasons in a row, then we can say he is a proven goalscorer. I don't think he'd offer us any more than Watkins. I like Tammy but he is a limited player. Just look at his technique when he strikes the ball. He doesn't look like a natural footballer, so it's no wonder he misses so many chances.

Wow... Tammys technique when he strikes the ball ... go and look at his performance against norwich at carrow road last year .. theres more examples but thats one that springs to mind . Tammy is a natural his technique when striking the ball is premier league level .. now if you look at Odsonne Edouard he doesn't look like he strikes it cleanly ever in the highlights ive seen of him so would u suggest hes not also going to be a player that would improve us more than watkins. Now watkins can strike the ball well with great technique but ive just seen it to be a limited area where he scores from ive not seen anything from outside the area or such... im hoping he can show that this season with us 

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

So let's review the window so far...

Based on post lockdown team we've brought in, what we can guess, are four first team players.

Martinez is a massive improvement on Reina/Nyland. Imagine he's also an improvement on the unlucky Heaton.

Cash is...well, despite the cost, I'm not sure he is an improvement over Guilbert and probably should be aiming for Elmo's back up role at present.

Watkins is already miles ahead of Samatta and Davis so big initial improvement. Wesley still in the fight when he returns.

Now Traore. Got to feel it's at least a babystep improvement over El Ghazi, possibly a lot more.

Grealish is staying, McGinn is getting back to full fitness, Luiz has found his feet and is really pushing on. All in all it points to a comfortable jump forward in terms of progress.

However, defensively speaking we are incredibly shaky. Taylor, Hause, Elmo are all probably going to feature more than we want. Konsa, Guilbert, Cash are all unlikely to be consistent. Mings has a tendency to get a little complacent. Targett is somewhere in the middle of all that and I'm guessing Engels isn't sticking around. It's not strong.

It might be greedy, but I really think we need a good quality CB, probably more than we need Rashica...

Excellent points ✅ i feel the same way but just to add to that yes i feel we may add more in January as we cant get it all done now. I would add a CM into the fold.. it would have been great if we could have secured a player like Ethan Ampadu he seems a great fit still quite young and not expected to start every game but would push the competition in the midfield places as there seems to be none. Maybe another forward but if Rashica can play as a striker too than its not essential. And we cant change too much at one time so only 5 players max should be starters straight away.

We should try and get a loan deal for Cuissance from bayern tidy class player in centre midfield. Very sceptical about Traore as its not like it was a team like barca or bayern that pushed him down the pecking order it was Lyon.. however i do have to remind myself they were semi-finalists.

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Wow... Tammys technique when he strikes the ball ... go and look at his performance against norwich at carrow road last year .. theres more examples but thats one that springs to mind . Tammy is a natural his technique when striking the ball is premier league level .. now if you look at Odsonne Edouard he doesn't look like he strikes it cleanly ever in the highlights ive seen of him so would u suggest hes not also going to be a player that would improve us more than watkins. Now watkins can strike the ball well with great technique but ive just seen it to be a limited area where he scores from ive not seen anything from outside the area or such... im hoping he can show that this season with us 

Tammy scuffs it when he strikes the ball. Almost like he's kicking it with his heel. He also never looks stable when he's running, kind of like Bambi on ice.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Tammy scuffs it when he strikes the ball. Almost like he's kicking it with his heel. He also never looks stable when he's running, kind of like Bambi on ice.

Running and getting underneath the ball i can agree with to an extent but not his shooting ... you probably need to analyse that a little bit more and you will certainly agree

50 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I honestly don’t think we do; Watkins, Davis, a Wesley and Traore can play there - seems fine for a 1 striker formation. 

Still think we’ve got at least one more singing incoming though.

Maybe one of these?

Feels like the only player im going to feel excited about would be Rashica if he comes because all of our signings I've felt nothing towards... nothing against them they just didnt give me the slightest thrill.. i need that player thats gonna give me even a fraction of excitement. Like the way i felt when we signed borja baston i need that feeling again... just kidding 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Feels like the only player im going to feel excited about would be Rashica if he comes because all of our signings I've felt nothing towards... nothing against them they just didnt give me the slightest thrill.. i need that player thats gonna give me even a fraction of excitement. Like the way i felt when we signed borja baston i need that feeling again... just kidding 😉

Angry Rihanna GIF

• Like 1