Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

52 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He English was terrible. They speak flemish or French in Belgium.

Well they speak German as well, but it's not really relevant as most people speak English and most probably Wesley spoke English to communicate there.

He English was not terrible at all. He English was fully ok in the interviews he gave when he arrived. And by fully ok I mean that you could notice that he actually understood the question and could give a reasoned answer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so Spurs loan Bale for a season, gonna cost 15m fee apparently, and they pay half of his 600k a week salary?

madness.

shall we start taking bets on what his injury record will be this season?

Added to what they're inevitably going to pay off Mourinho when he leaves midway through the season it's staggering considering how tight Levy has been over the years.

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Added to what they're inevitably going to pay off Mourinho when he leaves midway through the season it's staggering considering how tight Levy has been over the years.

ye, stinks a bit of desperation?

Villa boss Dean Smith remains keen to add another striker before the transfer deadline with Wesley not expected to return from injury until January.

The Brazilian has been out since suffering a serious knee injury on New Year’s Day and Smith has confirmed he is still several months away from completing his recovery.

Villa have already smashed their transfer record with the £28million signing of Ollie Watkins but with Mbwana Samatta potentially heading for the exit door, they remain light on options at centre-forward.

Bournemouth’s Josh King and Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard are potential targets, while winger Bertrand Traore is close to joining in a £19m move from Lyon.

Talks are continuing with Werder Bremen over a deal for Kosovo international Milot Rashica.

Wesley, who joined Villa in June 2019 for what was then a club record £21m fee from Club Brugge, scored five Premier League goals before his maiden campaign in English football was cut short by an injury suffered in a 2-1 win at Burnley.

Smith said: “We believed it was going to be a 12-month injury and nothing has told us otherwise yet.

“The swelling has gone down on his knee now but it was quite a bad injury he suffered.

“He is back now with us but is not back training in any shape or form.

“He is getting full range into it and hopefully he will be back as soon as possible.”

Burkina Faso international Traore is expected to complete his move in the next 48 hours but his arrival will not mean the end of Villa’s business.

“We are still trying to bring a couple more players in, we think we are still light in a couple of areas,” said Smith.

“But we think it has been a very good window so far with what we have had to do. We have brought in good quality so far and are looking to add to that.”

Express and Star

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

To be honest I would have Axel back. I don’t see Konsa as being better than him they are probably on a similar level, but for me we need quick defenders and Engels is too slow for my liking, so Tuanzebe would fill that need and his talent ceiling (for me) is very high. Lots of potential there. The risk is his injury record.

How can you possibly make that assessment when one has played most games over the last 2 years and the other managed about 15 appearances due to injury?

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Would have thought Jota to be worth more than 35m. Better than sarr imo.

Agree, I rate Jota highly. I'm very glad to see Wolves lose him, it will be very difficult for them to replace him. I hope Wolves decline. There is something very fishy going on at Wolves with Fosun and Mendes spinning money around.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Because you can use the stats you need to back your argument and leave out stats that go against your argument.  This is common in politics, lawyering and many other professions.  Stats are used to defend your argument but can’t form the only basis of your argument. As for being a dick, people do that because the original poster posts those facts as if that’s the only truth, which it’s not.  They are being just as much a dick as the person whose responding.  I hate when people propose one view with some stats and believe that is the only answer that should be.

To be honest, I think it's a really poor effort to respond to objective facts in this way. Isn't it better form to take those facts into account, rather than dismiss them off hand? 

I don't think Wesley is better than Abraham, because my eyes tell me a different story. But I do think there's a player in Wesley, and the numbers seem to suggest potential, if nothing else.

From what I could tell, the poster never said they believe stats are the only answer, anyway. But que sera. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Like I said his injury record is a problem.

You've completely missed my point.  You can't assess the current ability of a player who hasn't played for the best part of a year due to injury.  His injury could have taken away his pace, and without 1st team football, its highly unlikely he has progressed from the player we saw in the championship.

Konsa, in my opinion, was a better player than Axel was when he was with us, and progressed massively last season.  I can't see an injured Axel getting better by not playing and sitting in the treatment room, more likely he regressed.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, useless said:

Villa boss Dean Smith remains keen to add another striker before the transfer deadline with Wesley not expected to return from injury until January.

The Brazilian has been out since suffering a serious knee injury on New Year’s Day and Smith has confirmed he is still several months away from completing his recovery.

Villa have already smashed their transfer record with the £28million signing of Ollie Watkins but with Mbwana Samatta potentially heading for the exit door, they remain light on options at centre-forward.

Bournemouth’s Josh King and Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard are potential targets, while winger Bertrand Traore is close to joining in a £19m move from Lyon.

Talks are continuing with Werder Bremen over a deal for Kosovo international Milot Rashica.

Wesley, who joined Villa in June 2019 for what was then a club record £21m fee from Club Brugge, scored five Premier League goals before his maiden campaign in English football was cut short by an injury suffered in a 2-1 win at Burnley.

Smith said: “We believed it was going to be a 12-month injury and nothing has told us otherwise yet.

“The swelling has gone down on his knee now but it was quite a bad injury he suffered.

“He is back now with us but is not back training in any shape or form.

“He is getting full range into it and hopefully he will be back as soon as possible.”

Burkina Faso international Traore is expected to complete his move in the next 48 hours but his arrival will not mean the end of Villa’s business.

“We are still trying to bring a couple more players in, we think we are still light in a couple of areas,” said Smith.

“But we think it has been a very good window so far with what we have had to do. We have brought in good quality so far and are looking to add to that.”

Express and Star

Traore did say he prefers playing in the "Axial position" with a diamond or something like that.

So wouldn't be surprised if he is also being brought with this very much in mind.

To be available as a CF when needed.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

46 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Agree, I rate Jota highly. I'm very glad to see Wolves lose him, it will be very difficult for the to replace him. I hope Wolves decline. There is something very fishy going on at Wolves with Fosun and Mendes spinning money around.

Example - the Doherty transfer..... how often do you see a transfer where the agent is part owned by the selling club - and he is the agent not just for the player - but BOTH managers ???

• Like 2