Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Well yeah, but younger players are, are all things remaining equal, more expensive than older alternatives. Of course if possible we all would like to get young up and coming players, but we don't have infinite money. 

And to a certain extent, the higher return you can get from selling improved players in the future is also balanced by said higher fee you have to pay for them. Which ideally shouldn't be too much of a problem, but the thing with buying young players is not all of them actually improve with you. So you might just as well make a loss on them.

All transfers are a gamble... be it young or old. 
older players, what you get in the short term can bite you in the long term.. more prone injuries decline in performance and fat wages..

younger is what you said. 

the safest gamble is real long term and get great kids in to the academy... don’t cost a lot with fees and wages and have so much time to develop around the clubs philosophy and playing style. But the drawback is that’s probably a 5 year wait until they are ready... and that’s still an if they can... This method is good if you want to build a long term legacy team, such as peps Barcelona or fergies Man U. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well Birmingham Live have put up a new story today, about our  "Hopes" of signing Rashica being boosted, if that makes you feel any better.

👀

Didn’t take long with the click bait did it 😂 he’s never coming to us. Put the thread in the hall of fame and it will never be spoken of again. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I'd definitely do.

Him, Benrahma, Sarr or Buendia. I'd be happy with any of them.

Agreed, Brooks and the other three are quality players. As has been said, I think it is unlikely we will bring one of them in now. I suspect that their clubs priced them out of our range, if we were in fact interested enough to make an enquiry. If any of them didn't want to join us in the expectation that they could do better, perhaps they should have a long look at the league table now!

Edited by John

59 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

All transfers are a gamble... be it young or old. 
older players, what you get in the short term can bite you in the long term.. more prone injuries decline in performance and fat wages..

younger is what you said. 

the safest gamble is real long term and get great kids in to the academy... don’t cost a lot with fees and wages and have so much time to develop around the clubs philosophy and playing style. But the drawback is that’s probably a 5 year wait until they are ready... and that’s still an if they can... This method is good if you want to build a long term legacy team, such as peps Barcelona or fergies Man U. 

You're just buying a load of out of the money options for cheap, and hoping that a couple pay off. It's a very smart strategy, but takes time as you said. We seem to be really nailing the Academy right now - which I think could be a crazy winner right now. You think of all those clubs across the UK alone that are struggling to the keep the lights on, they are likely to cut the academy first (we are human and we think of the immediate first - you'd sacrifice your 5 year health to stay alive for the next year). Even PL clubs are doing the same. |

Kind of as Buffett says, we have cash when everyone else is suffering and scared. I think we're nailing this...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

You're just buying a load of out of the money options for cheap, and hoping that a couple pay off. It's a very smart strategy, but takes time as you said. We seem to be really nailing the Academy right now - which I think could be a crazy winner right now. You think of all those clubs across the UK alone that are struggling to the keep the lights on, they are likely to cut the academy first (we are human and we think of the immediate first - you'd sacrifice your 5 year health to stay alive for the next year). Even PL clubs are doing the same. |

Kind of as Buffett says, we have cash when everyone else is suffering and scared. I think we're nailing this...

Aha you got to where I was it was hoping to get to. Our recruiting for the academy has been great in this window. I just hope that we got a bunch of jacks coming through together. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Very recognizable free agents:

- Clyne (29)

- Sturridge (31)

- Welbeck (29)

- Wilshere (28)

- Pato (31)

- Ben Arfa (33)

- Borini (29)

- Mandukic (34)

- Valencia (35)

- Kagawa (31)

- Defour (32)

-  Sanogo (27)

Sanogo? Is that yaya sanogo who has done nothing of note at any level?

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perhaps, but please don't take it as me being negative about him, as I've stated many times I'm very happy with and proud of him.

I think maybe we were so good as a collective that every minor mistake was noticed.

I's still rather have him in the team over the others currently.

Not many, if any negatives I could take from the game, that was just me nit picking.

I watched it with my mate who’s a Leeds fans so has no bias and even he asked me who he was in the first half and said he looked a bit lost and knackered at times.   So it’s not just us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well Birmingham Live have put up a new story today, about our  "Hopes" of signing Rashica being boosted, if that makes you feel any better.

👀

giphy.gif

Reopen the thread 😂

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I watched it with my mate who’s a Leeds fans so has no bias and even he asked me who he was in the first half and said he looked a bit lost and knackered at times.   So it’s not just us.

Dad messaged me asking the same.

That being said, he can only improve, proven he has the attitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

Didn’t take long with the click bait did it 😂 he’s never coming to us. Put the thread in the hall of FAME and it will never be spoken of again. 

hall of SHAME you meant......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd argue, just as in a video I saw of Simon Jordan today, that Watkins can go to the VERY top, along with us.

As a matter of fact all the ones you have named.

I think you didn’t understand me well. I was saying that Championship players could play at the very top. I’d say that market should be one that we look at every season. There are atleast couple that could do well at the highest levels as we’ve seen so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1