Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

An offer they can’t refuse would need to be an offer that covers the financial loss of being relegated, losing our decent players and preparing for potentially 5 years in the championship because that’s what could happen if we lose Jack with our current squad - He’s THAT good. It would be like Man City selling De Bruyne on the last day of the window. They could kiss goodbye to the title if that happened. 

I think it will become obvious that we’re selling Grealish by the business we do in the next couple of weeks. If we go and spend 100m on top of what we’ve already spent then I’d argue he’s probably off. However, if we only sign Martinez, Rashica and one other and our net spend is around the 100-110m mark, id be comfortable in the knowledge he’s staying

Our owners are not stupid enough to let him go late on. You’ll know if Jack is leaving. 

Couldn’t agree more. If our spend moves towards the £150-160m mark, then that for me would be a flag that a move  for Grealish is probably on the cards. That said, I also wouldn’t be surprised if these owners of ours spent another £140m this window and retained Grealish. I still maintain that Grealish’s peak value will be post European Championship 2021. I expect his performances to have forced England/Southgates hand to select him for the tournament, and for Grealish to come back from that tournament as more of a world star. He’ll be 26yrs old and at absolute peak value. As it happens, COVID has probably helped us as a club, and Grealish. It seems Southgate wouldn’t have taken Grealish to Euro 2020 had it have taken place, so the delay has almost certainly helped.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Said it before I'll say it again. If the club sell Jack for less than £130m they're stupid. He's worth much more than that to us. Next season is when he'll most likely be sold.

If he mirrors last season and also makes the plane for England and has a good tournament then easily £130m come next July.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

Couldn’t agree more. If our spend moves towards the £150-160m mark, then that for me would be a flag that a move  for Grealish is probably on the cards. That said, I also wouldn’t be surprised if these owners of ours spent another £140m this window and retained Grealish. I still maintain that Grealish’s peak value will be post European Championship 2021. I expect his performances to have forced England/Southgates hand to select him for the tournament, and for Grealish to come back from that tournament as more of a world star. He’ll be 26yrs old and at absolute peak value. As it happens, COVID has probably helped us as a club, and Grealish. It seems Southgate wouldn’t have taken Grealish to Euro 2020 had it have taken place, so the delay has almost certainly helped.

Disagree completely. Our new owners have serious money and high ambitions. What we spend will have nothing to do with Grealish staying or going.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Said it before I'll say it again. If the club sell Jack for less than £130m they're stupid. He's worth much more than that to us. Next season is when he'll most likely be sold.

I think he's worth more than that. Maybe not stricly market wise speaking. You're probably looking at £ 120 million for Sancho, so I guess that's the current valuation so to speak, but for AVFC he's worth more. He's the difference between the championship and the PL, and that's probably £ 300 million. 

He's simply someone we need to tie down for his entire career. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Disagree completely. Our new owners have serious money and high ambitions. What we spend will have nothing to do with Grealish staying or going.

Can’t agree. Whilst I agree they have high ambitions, FFP dictates how much we can spend within reason. If we spend 200m this window, there is no way this would be possible without bringing in around 50m in player sales. Our only saleable asset near that mark is Jack. 

I don’t think we’ll sell him but like I say, if we blow a shed load of money in the next two weeks I’ll be worried. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alf_stewart said:

Not suggesting Dion is ITK, but the club must have a well-developed plan for if Jack’s situation changes quite quickly? If he’s 100% committed and the club knows this, why is isn’t there a statement (or at least some loose reassurance) in the public domain?

Our owners never or at least rarely speak about specific signings or contracts. As well as being unprofessional, by even discussing such things publicly, it ups the profile on a subject that they’d probably prefer to be as much out of the public eye as possible.

Doing your business in public is very rarely a good thing. Also if a situation changes and you then, as a result, need to change your stance then anything you’ve said in the past will inevitably be used as a stick to beat you with.

When, for example, when did the old,  “Chairman’s vote of confidence”, ever calm anyone’s nerves? Cards close to the chest is how NSWE work and long may that continue. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Well if we brought a championship player for upto 33 million with no experience of this league⁰, what does that say about the worth of a player who moves in front of world class players for stats, score beautiful goals and is an assist machine.

Football prices have shot up again and I fear no one in the premier will stump up the cash for Grealish unless he really beginsto be a pain in the ass for them.

I think if Grealish did end up anywhere it would be Barcelona or Madrid. At most City might buy him but he hasnt a chance going to Arsenal now for obvious reason of there money troubles, chelsea have just spent a fortune, Utd are just fools,Spurs are tight and Liverpool seem to have there transfer targets.

Were on the rise and making a play to dethrone one of those clubs and take there seat in the top like we used to because some club has been holding our spot for way to long and we will need Grealish to help with that. Another reason why you dont Sell Grealish is because you dont sell your weapons, you utilise them in every way you can. Grealish is like tactical Nuke on the field and once he explodes you can almost Guarantee there will be an amazing display of footwork that dazzles all who have witnessed or been Victimised by it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

This is exactly what im thinking!

Traore ,Watkins, Rashica and you guys are getting excited 😂 Traore is bang average why are we getting happy with seeing him in the side, hopefully he isnt the addition that we bring in. Martinez isn’t exactly this world class keeper that we think he is because he came from arsenal.. check his career history (not knocking him btw) but lets just be more cautious before we get too optimistic. Especially when i see on twitter the combo of watkins + rashica will get us europa league 😂 lets not embarrass ourselves. We seem to be drooling over these potential line ups which to me still we have us in the bottom half easily. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Traore ,Watkins, Rashica and you guys are getting excited 😂 Traore is bang average why are we getting happy with seeing him in the side, hopefully he isnt the addition that we bring in. Martinez isn’t exactly this world class keeper that we think he is because he came from arsenal.. check his career history (not knocking him btw) but lets just be more cautious before we get too optimistic. Especially when i see on twitter the combo of watkins + rashica will get us europa league 😂 lets not embarrass ourselves. We seem to be drooling over these potential line ups which to me still we have us in the bottom half easily. 

sad doctor who GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

falcon heavy rocket GIF

CATCH THAT BRO

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

cat kick GIF

I drop kick you.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I think we are allowed to be optimistic. The players we are signing this season are more to try and cement us in the Premier league.

Traore I would be surprised about bearing in mind his injuries, unless it was under 10 million.

But signing decent quality and decent characters who are hard working and have the potential to push on seems the logical gradual process of trying to climb up the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

That if an offer comes in of £70 - 90m that it would be too good to turn down 

Which is all pie in the sky because no one has bid £90m for him and its doubtful anyone will 

Oh, so he has given his opinion. Ok. Why are we all getting hyped up then. Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Just on the Banana link to Palace in the Mail. That’s all it is, one link, so I think people are putting too much trust in it. Really would be greatly surprised if Benrahma doesn’t end up at the Villa due to his understanding with Watkins and disappearing from Brentford’s first team at the same time Watkins did.

You would also have to consider Smith being Benrahma’s previous manager and the player fitting Smith’s footballing philosophy.

I just can’t see Hodgson wanting a player that doesn’t track back unless Zaha is definitely going?

Edited by striker