Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Indeed, I believe the current team will win more points than we did last season. 

It just took sometime for the team to click with each other, the tactics and the league. 

The GK is the flaw in that argument IMO.

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

Double confirmation. Good times!

Hopefully this is confirmed soon and we can stop this 'we are 1 of 5 teams not to have signed anyone' rubbish. This one signing will put us level or better than about 75% of clubs. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Still think we´ll end up signing Jack Butland.

For £6mill and poss cast off(s) I wouldn’t be overly bothered as I think working with Cutler could do him wonders confidence wise. Matty Cash & Butland for £20mill is good business IMO . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

You would have thought it wouldn’t be that difficult to sign Aarons and Buendia from Norwich....

Both signings we should make, no reported bids 

Isn't this everybody's problem though....Why would the Club necessarily be after someone you want them to purchase? Or be willing to pay the quoted fee if they were? The reality is, what the club are after and what you think they are are two different stories. Your guessing, they aren't. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do need to mention again.

In the midst of the panic.

Using Luiz as the most obvious example, our current crop of players will have settled, have a year of PL experience, as well as Deano, and could go on to become revelations.

If they can step up half as well as Luiz has, we WILL be harder to beat and get more points for sure!

I'd even go as far as saying the current crop, on form displayed towards the end of the season could pick up a minimum of 9 more points. (44). Add some quality and a finisher to that.

EDIT: Also thinking the boring "Premier League experience" signings might not be the worst. When we remember/realise we did majority of foreigners last season and have a large contingent of them already!

For luiz you can easily say samatta went the other way, jacks form went the other way.

We have 4 of our first 6 games which I would class as winnable. 

I'm not sure very many people would be too happy just going with last years squad into those games ?

Plus the 5 substitutions is still a thing this season so squad strength and depth is more important this season than any other. 

If smith hadn't stated just quite how important getting his players in early was, im sure people would have that bit more patience.

59 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Need to get cracking.

There shouldn't be any excuses this season but bedding in new signings is becoming a legitimate possibility that could cost us points.

We've got a chance to make a decent start as well.

Lovely.

Overpaying is bad m'kay but if it's a case of getting someone in now or October 10th and the difference is £2m I think it's worth it.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Percy mentions Watkins and Wilson as the 2 forwards trying to bring in. 

Wild guess based on nothing but my imagination. Maybe these are our next targets after being rejected by Rashica and Edouard ? 

29 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Fantastic deal. In this market, £16m is very good value.

Feels a bit Targett ish happy to be proved wrong.

15-20m should get an international standard FB from a major euro league imo.

At the same time Leicester are signing Timothy Castagne for 21.5m.

27 games for a very good Atalanta side last season and also got a few caps for Belgium so up and coming play.

• Like 4