Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

What makes you think he'd be on 110k per week besides hearsay? Framed like this, I agree it's a bad investment.

Mostly hearsay.  A google search seems to suggest anywhere between 60k to 110k he’s on.  Either way, it’s too much for him.

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

FYI Rodrigo’s game isn’t just goals. He also got 9 assists. Wilson got one. Rodrigos all round game and movement is completely different. It’s literally not comparable. 

We can create chances. We've got players who create lots of chances. We don't have someone that can put them in. It's why we don't need a Rodrigo type striker who can create. We need a player that plays on the last man and can score. If Smith thinks Wilson is his man, then Smith has given me zero reason not to trust him.

It's all relative, for me Rodrigo would be a Bad signing for villa. Wilson, he'd be a good signing for villa. Leeds fans would probably say the opposite. 

A fit Callum Wilson will be and away more affective than any striker we had available last season, people talk about his injuries but over the last two seasons he hasn't actually missed many games because of injury. His goals to minutes ratio is very good, I think £20m for him is about right, reminds me in many ways of Southampton's signing of Ings last summer. If we sign him and Watkins our strike force will be improved considerably.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Regarding wages - the one thing that sets the current ownership apart from the previous has been a wage structure that has seen the wage bill under control for the first time in god knows how long - if the likes of Wilson are coming here they will be paid the right wage and not daft money.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

My main issue with Wilson is that he's torn both his ACL's. So I'd be pretty worried about injury history. 

He's played 30 league games for Bournemouth in each of the last two seasons. Indeed he came back in October 2017 and featured in pretty much every league game left of that season aswell, made over 25 appearences.

I do get the injury concerns but he's actually been injury free for three years now.

• Like 1

I'm not against signing Wilson tbh. Just not what I was expecting us to do really. I wanted us to sign better than Wesley and I'm not sure Wilson is that. Though, we definitely need a striker better than Davis and Samatta and Wilson is definitely that so. Won't complain. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Why get someone like Lange and McKenzie involved in your recruitment to buy 3 players Steve Bruce would have targeted? I don't get it tbh. 

This is what I’m puzzled about.  Smith could’ve done this on his own at this rate.  I’m more excited by our youth signings than our first team potential signings.

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

2019/20

Bournemouth expected goals - 49.37

Aston Villa expected goals - 49.84

Bournemouth missed David Brooks so much last season. When he was fully fit in 18/19 Wilson scored 14 league goals in 30 games.

I reckon he'd finish off the chance Grealish set up on a plate for Davis v Arsenal for example.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He's played 30 league games for Bournemouth in each of the last two seasons. Indeed he came back in October 2017 and featured in pretty much every league game left of that season aswell, made over 25 appearences.

I do get the injury concerns but he's actually been injury free for three years now.

Missed 50 days and 8 games between January to March during the 18/19 season due to a knee injury

The more I think about it the more the signing of Wilson makes sense. We have called for Premier League experience and that’s not easy to come by cheaply. We’ve seen that £40m abroad doesn’t guarantee anything with Haller and Joelinton.

£20m or so a piece on Watkins and Wilson will yield more goals than most other options. 

I think the running of Wilson and Watkins will give us a new dimension. 

• Like 1

one thing i am confident on is that wilson was not our number on target. we're in sept and only now are strong links starting to appear. i suspect that moves to sign rashica-esque names have failed for whatever reasons and we're now moving on to secondary and tertiary targets

1 minute ago, sne said:

Missed 50 days and 8 games between January to March during the 18/19 season due to a knee injury

I could live with that, Grealish had a longer absence that season and no one would have an issue with his fitness signing him this summer. Kienan Davis missed four months of last season so he's far more injury prone than Wilson in recent times.

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

2019/20

Bournemouth expected goals - 49.37

Aston Villa expected goals - 49.84

We had a bad season and lots of new players finding their feet. Given the money we're able to invest this summer, we'll create a lot more chances in 2020/21 than Bournemouth did in 2019/20.

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Maybe it's because it's a weird window and maybe because we had no incomings to the senior team yet, but I'm tired by the transfer threads.

"Rashica doesn't want to sign, we don't want a player who isn't commited"

"Buying championship players will get us relegated"

"Time to move away from Watkins if he hasn't signed already"

"Wilson shows no ambition"

"Grealish is off"

"We need 3x £40 players to compete"

"We are haggling on prices and losing out on targets"

"It's clear we can't get the players we want"

These are just some of the comments I read over the last few days/weeks.

Do you guys have some sort of an inside view into our management that the rest of us don't? Is there a hidden camera at Bodymoor Heath? Do you have an affair with Wes Edans daughter?

Really tired of this negative narrative and assuming what's happening when none of us do what is happening.  It is just as legitimate of an assumption to say we are negotiating with Messi as to say we can't get our targets.Let's judge the window and players we sign once we start playing and once the window actually slams shut.

Sorry for a rant, but reading all this negativity requires a bullshit detector on maximum setting.

Yes. You've caught me. Damn it!

Well with her Instagram account at least.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Why get someone like Lange and McKenzie involved in your recruitment to buy 3 players Steve Bruce would have targeted? I don't get it tbh. 

Dean Smith is clearly getting more say after what happened last summer. He's liked Wilson since he was at Coventry and they were in league 1 with Walsall.

I think Lange is still getting his feet under the table here and probably restructing our scouting options so think we'll see more of what he does in January and next summer.

• Like 1