Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

47 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think we could get him for £5m. He only has a year left on his contract and Stoke will be desperate to off load any big earners. His form has been awful but he is young and has lots of ability. It’s a yes from me.

I’d take him at that price just to piss them off for being arrogant clearings in the woods last summer... But in  all seriousness I think that working with cutler and a fresh start it wouldn’t be the worse move possibly as back up/comparison for Heaton as clearly Nyland & Kalinic will never play for us again and I’d sell Steer also. Butland is only 27 so time to regain confidence and form which made him a potential England #1

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Seeing as Valencia have put their whole squad up for sale I wouldn’t say no to Kondogbia and Maxi Gomez.

Another player is Nzonzi who is exactly the sort of midfielder we need and is probably available at a reasonable price. Getting on a bit but linked before to us and would add loads of experience playing at the highest level. 

Valencia.  Stick your head between your knees and whistle up your Barcelona. 

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'd be interested to see how roy keane would fare in the modern game. not saying he'd be shit, but i'd wager he wouldn't be playing for an elite side. the game's moved on.

I think that he would adapt, without too much difficulty. I wouldn't say no to a Roy Keane clone in our midfield next season. I still remember when he played at Villa Park for Forest, shortly before he left them. There was talk that we were in for him, the reception he got from the Holte that day, demonstrated that we liked that bit of unlikely speculation!

Turning to the present, don't we go back to pre season training next week? I had hoped we would have done some business by then. It would give new boys time to acclimatise to their new surroundings, as well as show our intent to Jack, along with other potential signings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'd be interested to see how roy keane would fare in the modern game. not saying he'd be shit, but i'd wager he wouldn't be playing for an elite side. the game's moved on.

per your highlighted point, i'd also say this is a strength of marvelous'. luiz is just a more complete player with better pass + shot, but i'd say we have a good enough CDM back up in nakamba

i doubt a new CDM is even on our shopping list

i rate Keane a lot when he joined Forest in 1990 was 11 years old at time and watched him few season's before he joined United in 93. He was a brilliant.

I've always thought when he we was at Forest i wish we could sign him.

Thought same of Gazza at Newcastle in 1987 /98 season. I thought what a great player but Man Utd also wanted him and he signed for Spurs!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I’d take him at that price just to piss them off for being arrogant clearings in the woods last summer... But in  all seriousness I think that working with cutler and a fresh start it wouldn’t be the worse move possibly as back up/comparison for Heaton as clearly Nyland & Kalinic will never play for us again and I’d sell Steer also. Butland is only 27 so time to regain confidence and form which made him a potential England #1

I wouldn't! He's been awful and confidence is shot. I watched him lot last few season's living up here in Staffs

No thanks.

i'd try for :- Aaron Ramsdale at Bournemouth.

He's from:- Chestonton (Newcastle-Under-Lyme) few miles away from Stoke's ground

Ramsdale has very good potential in my opinion. England U21 Keeper

Edited by Villan4Life

3 hours ago, rayk said:

Not really, they’ll mostly cut and paste the old contract and change the clauses that they want to.

No lawyer is going to dare re-draft a contract from scratch.

Any good Lawyer worth his salt does not use cut and paste, they are there to accurately document and put into words exactly what their client requires, and if it means re-drafting a contract from scratch, that's what they will do, after all that's what you pay them for, especially when they are working on behalf of players who's value runs into the millions.

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I wouldn't! He's been awful and confidence is shot. I watched him lot last few season's living up here in Staffs

No thanks.

i'd try for :- Aaron Ramsdale at Bournemouth.

He's from:- Chestonton (Newcastle-Under-Lyme) few miles away from Stoke's ground

Ramsdale has very good potential in my opinion. England U21 Keeper

Yeah but he would cost a stupid amount as he was arguably a top 6 keeper this season. (Alison, Ederson, Henderson, Leno, Pope, Ramsdale). Although Lloris was injured and De Gea was shit. 

15 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Any good Lawyer worth his salt does not use cut and paste, they are there to accurately document and put into words exactly what their client requires, and if it means re-drafting a contract from scratch, that's what they will do, after all that's what you pay them for, especially when they are working on behalf of players who's value runs into the millions.

Not familiar with many lawyers, are you? 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

I'd be amazed if 95% of it isn't standard terms with minor wording differences used by pretty much every professional team. It's the same in multi million pound leases, there will be reams of standardised guff on insurance, liabilities, alienation yada yada and a bit with 'personalised' (within narrow boundaries) terms. The only reason the whole thing would be written from scratch is if your lawyer is trying to rinse you on billing.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd be amazed if 95% of it isn't standard terms with minor wording differences used by pretty much every professional team. It's the same in multi million pound leases, there will be reams of standardised guff on insurance, liabilities, alienation yada yada and a bit with 'personalised' (within narrow boundaries) terms. The only reason the whole thing would be written from scratch is if your lawyer is trying to rinse you on billing.

Jesus football talk has gone right out the window on VT hasnt it, what's next going to the house of commons for parliamentary debates.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Jesus football talk has gone right out the window on VT hasnt it, what's next going to the house of commons for parliamentary debates.

Just wait to see where the rabbit hole takes us if we still haven't announced any signings by next Friday.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah but he would cost a stupid amount as he was arguably a top 6 keeper this season. (Alison, Ederson, Henderson, Leno, Pope, Ramsdale). Although Lloris was injured and De Gea was shit. 

I agree, not sure where I would rank him but hes 11 million on the transfermarkt website and often when a player is sold it is double whatever their figure is.

So basically if some keeper with potential is available for a 5 million or something like that then sure go for it but it is the least of our issues so no point spending serious money.

5 hours ago, John said:

I think that he would adapt, without too much difficulty. I wouldn't say no to a Roy Keane clone in our midfield next season. I still remember when he played at Villa Park for Forest, shortly before he left them. There was talk that we were in for him, the reception he got from the Holte that day, demonstrated that we liked that bit of unlikely speculation!

Yeah, he isnt a particularly likeable bloke but he was a top level player in his day. I still cant figure out if his attitude helped him or hurt him as a player. But as a talent? Yeah he was up there.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Just wait to see where the rabbit hole takes us if we still haven't announced any signings by next Friday.

I'd much prefer red or blue pill, red to go deeper into the weeks till we find a signing or blue to get the hell out of VT right now, what would be your choice??

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Leno 😳😳

Arsenal defence got better with Martinez in goal

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

I dont think Butland is better than Nyland now, maybe 3 years ago but now No. 

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

i rate Keane a lot when he joined Forest in 1990 was 11 years old at time and watched him few season's before he joined United in 93. He was a brilliant.

I've always thought when he we was at Forest i wish we could sign him.

Thought same of Gazza at Newcastle in 1987 /98 season. I thought what a great player but Man Utd also wanted him and he signed for Spurs!!

What people forget about Keane, mostly because of the hard tackling and general persona, is that he was a fantastic footballer (the obvious game to look at is the 1999 second leg against Juventus but the Ireland game vs Holland in 2001 is just as imperssive). His passing was very good, always forwards and always took out two or three opposition players out of the game. He was actually quite skillful and also had an eye for goal, most of which he scored at very important times. I'd take him in this team in a heartbeat. He'd just have to try and cut out that psycohpathic streak that he had.

• Like 3