Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Seeing as Valencia have put their whole squad up for sale I wouldn’t say no to Kondogbia and Maxi Gomez.

Another player is Nzonzi who is exactly the sort of midfielder we need and is probably available at a reasonable price. Getting on a bit but linked before to us and would add loads of experience playing at the highest level. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You must have missed Lange's first signing. Doris is out, replaced by Helga the pastry wench.

Word is some of Europe's top clubs were sniffing around her.

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Funnily enough I was just finishing a round of golf at the belfry this afternoon and was coming out of the club and held the door open for this slight foreign chapwearing a T-shirt under his  shirt, in response to me holding the door open for him he said hvala vam

I think you misheard. He was probably a motor dealer and said, “Hell of a van”. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You must have missed Lange's first signing. Doris is out, replaced by Helga the pastry wench.

Does she wear lederhosen, just asking for a friend like

• Haha 1

if Valencia have put their entire squad up for sale (expect one player), which i find super hard to actually believe, we should defo look at a few of their players.

Prob not realistic tho.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

That's the thing. I hate the idea of taking that bit of attacking instinct from McGinn. He does it so well. That first game of the season, I know that Tottenham defender was so confused when McGinn came roaring past the halfway line. 

Mcginn definitely needs more positional sense.  He can get fixated on the ball at times and totally lose track of the opposition.  Could  he get to Gattuso's level?  I would love it but I just can't see it. 

It's a difficult decision, no doubt. I honestly think it comes down to who can be bought for cheaper. One winger and a midfielder, which would keep Jack on the left. Or 2 wingers, which would move Jack to the middle. 

Attackers tend to cost the most and we already have to buy another striker. I just can't see us spending the funds needed for a whole new front 3. I'd rather spend big on 2 attackers and shore up the midfield with Prem level vet. Wil Hughes was top ten for successful tackles this past season. Someone like him. 

I liked the Championship McGinn when he was breaking forward with the ball as opposed to without it. There was a point last season where he was getting <20 touches of the ball, which for a midfielder is just wild to me. 

If the 100m budget is true then I see us signing 2 wingers and a forward at a minimum and signing a fullback or a CB with whatever change is left. Saying that I wouldn't mind a Will Hughes at all. Huge upgrade on Hourihane who we currently have playing there, and I have no issue with Jack persisting on the left in that case.

1 hour ago, rayk said:

I’m assuming that John Percy tweeted about Ollie Watkins to Villa when mentioning the £18m release clause.

Now im wondering whether he/The DT then denied the release clause bit because the ONLY way they would have known that is from DS?

So, IF he does sign and it’s this ‘undisclosed fee’ BS then I reckon that £18m release clause was right.

(Alternatively, this is my way of rationalising we can’t possibly spend the £25m on him Brentford are asking.......)

Watkins only signed a new 4 year contract last August,  DS was then at Villa so he would have had no knowledge of any clause, a myth that has been proven to be untrue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if Valencia have put their entire squad up for sale (expect one player), which i find super hard to actually believe, we should defo look at a few of their players.

Prob not realistic tho.

Hmmm in that case Soler, Guedes, Ferran Torres Kondogbia, Cillesen is worth a look. There's also Parejo and Coquelin but they've signed for Villarreal.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hmmm in that case Soler, Guedes, Ferran Torres Kondogbia, Cillesen is worth a look. There's also Parejo and Coquelin but they've signed for Villarreal.

Ferran Torres signed for City

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Way out of our league but we could do with someone like Milinkovic-Savic

spacer.png

Not necessarily a DM, but a strong physical presence who would benefit us in certain games and prevent us being overpowered etc.

Someone with an eye for a pass and shot at goal (unlike Nakamba).

Let’s sort that front 3 first though! Starting with Rashica 😉

Nah, we don't want the Roman equivalent of noses playing for us ;)

11 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Watkins only signed a new 4 year contract last August,  DS was then at Villa so he would have had no knowledge of any clause, a myth that has been proven to be untrue.

Yeah but, yeah but....new contracts tend to be extensions of old ones.

Also I don’t believe players don’t speak to former managers if they get on well with them.

All I’m saying is word gets around.

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Yeah but, yeah but....new contracts tend to be extensions of old ones.

Also I don’t believe players don’t speak to former managers if they get on well with them.

All I’m saying is word gets around.

New contracts are exactly what they say, New, they might well have no bearing on their last contract and are therefore not an extension, conditions at a club or a players performance could well have changed dramatically since the original one was signed, so a new contract is drawn up to safeguard both players and clubs alike.

7 minutes ago, jonjon said:

New contracts are exactly what they say, New, they might well have no bearing on their last contract and are therefore not an extension, conditions at a club or a players performance could well have changed dramatically since the original one was signed, so a new contract is drawn up to safeguard both players and clubs alike.

Not really, they’ll mostly cut and paste the old contract and change the clauses that they want to.

No lawyer is going to dare re-draft a contract from scratch.