Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, TRO said:

Intercepting the danger is nothing new, Stan Petrov, used to do that.

I don't think Nakamba is good enough in what I have seen, whether he improves, is another opinion.

I think you might be right a CDM might not be on our shopping list, but if we get that wrong and the season is started, will might have another season like last.

we conceded 67 goals and it wasn't all the back four at fault, for them all.

I think Nakamba is good enough, he showed it during the early weeks of the season for me. The CDM position is Luiz’s shirt for me now, it’s good to have competition for places

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Nakamba is good enough, he showed it during the early weeks of the season for me. The CDM position is Luiz’s shirt for me now, it’s good to have competition for places

I agree to disagree....but we will see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

probably because, you see more ball in the middle and influence the game more.....wingers can be hit and miss and jack does not want to be seen as a hit and miss player, why should he?

Exactly, Jack thinks he could influence the game more at AM than out on the left flank. 

If Jack believe that then I don’t think any of us on here know enough about football to be able to say he’s wrong.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

So tell me why Jack himself thinks his best position is as an AM?

So in the entire history of football a manager has never taken a player and said "player x you used to play here but I'm going to play you over there." Then that player goes onto flourish. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I wouldn't want Jack as a CM anyway even if that's where he sees himself. He needs to roam, I agree. But from the middle as an attacking midfielder. If you recall the 17/18 season where he really ascended towards the player he is today, he was wreaking havoc from the middle because we actually had 2 wide players who were a threat. He was the king of the "assist to the assist". Those little through balls inside the fullback to the either Adomah or Snodgrass were too deadly, and that's why they got 40 goals/assists between them. I would love to see that translated into the PL with quality wide players like Rashica for example. I loved him as a left winger last season and he got some good goals, but I much prefer him in the role I described above. Besides I think it's better for the team anyway.

Doesn't make sense in a 4-3-3. Your midfield 3 need to hold down the middle so your front 3 can flourish. Otherwise, you leave holes all throughout your midfield. 

Now if you want to switch it to a 4-2-3-1, sure Jack would fit perfectly in that middle 3. Problem then is McGinn is wasted next to Luiz as a double pivot. 

I would hope given the shortness of the upcoming preseason we limit how much we rework our team tactically. Insert a new forward, winger, and CM into the starting 11 and let's get back out there. We generated quality chances post lockdown, we just had the worst 2 strikers in the Prem trying to finish them off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree there. I quite enjoy watching that league. I do however think it's fair to keep in mind the PL is a different animal all together. The pace of the game is often something players even from other good leagues struggle with. 

The bundesliga is arguably a higher tempo than the prem. It is certainly far more end to end which is why you see teams like dortmund regularly scoring 5 and 6 goals.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

You keep posting these but nothing keeps happening 😂

A broken clock is right twice a day! 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The bundesliga is arguably a higher tempo than the prem. It is certainly far more end to end which is why you see teams like dortmund regularly scoring 5 and 6 goals.

Not even close. There's nothing like the PL when it comes to tempo/pace and physicality/general fitness. Not even close. 

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I felt compelled to trawl a certain website that does player stats and found this name: Domenico Berardi. He's 6ft tall, player as an attacker for Sassuolo in Italy and scored 14 and had 10 assists from 29 appearances this last season. He is only 26 and according to another website that values players he has a market value of around £17m. He is left-footed but mainly plays as attacking right midfield so would replace El Ghazi. 

Anybody got any knowledge of him? 

Yeah he is very unlikely to leave sassaluso. Basically their jack. Was heralded as the future of Italian football when he was 18 or 19 but didn't want to leave sassaluso. If we could get him he would be a better signing than Buendia or benrahma though. 

8 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Doesn't make sense in a 4-3-3. Your midfield 3 need to hold down the middle so your front 3 can flourish. Otherwise, you leave holes all throughout your midfield. 

Now if you want to switch it to a 4-2-3-1, sure Jack would fit perfectly in that middle 3. Problem then is McGinn is wasted next to Luiz as a double pivot. 

I would hope given the shortness of the upcoming preseason we limit how much we rework our team tactically. Insert a new forward, winger, and CM into the starting 11 and let's get back out there. We generated quality chances post lockdown, we just had the worst 2 strikers in the Prem trying to finish them off. 

It can work in a 4-3-3 where the 3 midfielders each have different roles, not necessarily the 2 holders/1 attacker dynamic. Similar to Ancelotti's midfields with Milan. Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso...all different kinds of players with different roles. Pirlo was the holder, Gattuso was the box to box terrier, similar to how I think McGinn should play for us. I would like to see Jack in the Seedorf role. Maybe not quite a free-roaming attacking midfielder, but of the 3 he's the one with the license to get forward and link up with the attacking 3. For me, it really all depends on how disciplined Dean can get McGinn to be in that midfield. If we see anything like we did earlier last season, then it's a no from me. 

• Like 2

You don't really want your physical player to be the DM anymore. It has been a trend in recent years where big, fast and strong players are no longer playing defensive roles in the middle because their dynamism offers more higher up the pitch. Examples of this include Pogba, Yaya toure, Brandt, Witsel, goretzka, rabiot. Really now you want your deepest player to be a deep lying playmaker. Hell even the best DM in the world has been forced out of position at Chelsea because playing jorghinho makes them much more effective.

If we sign a physical player he will definitely be a box to box player who could maybe play at DM but Luiz has that on lock right now.