Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

43 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

A fall from grace of Joe Hart-esque proportions. Keepers don't usually recover from that. 

He was Head & Shoulders above the rest for a while, it all went downhill from there and now he looks all washed out and out of condition.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not even close. There's nothing like the PL when it comes to tempo/pace and physicality/general fitness. Not even close. 

Strongly disagree. All the top teams in the bundesliga have a big physical midfielder that is hardly the case in the prem. City only really have rodri (fernandinho is 5'10 but his abity is more technical) Liverpool Fabinho but he doesn't play every game, then Chelsea don't have anyone, United have matic but he isn't exactly world class maybe mctominay?, Leicester have ndidi but again hardly a physical player. Every team in the bundesliga have a big and athletic midfielder and they are generally more competent in attack and defense than the ones in the prem. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

HairyHands (@hairyhands5) Tweeted:
Ollie Watkins to Villa all but done. Announcement next week. Fee agreed and personal terms done. Paperwork to be signed off. 🤝 #avfc

🤔

“All but done”. Nonsense. Just so they can say “oh well I didn’t say 100%” if it doesn’t happen. Also he’s on his holidays. Doubt he’d sign off on anything his agent has agreed without actually being talked through it all, having toured the facilities and met all the relevant folk??

These guys are all just full of shit. 

• Like 4

Just now, Keyblade said:

It can work in a 4-3-3 where the 3 midfielders each have different roles, not necessarily the 2 holders/1 attacker dynamic. Similar to Ancelotti's midfields with Milan. Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso...all different kinds of players with different roles. Pirlo was the holder, Gattuso was the box to box terrier, similar to how I think McGinn should play for us. I would like to see Jack in the Seedorf role. Maybe not quite a free-roaming attacking midfielder, but of the 3 he's the one with the license to get forward and link up with the attacking 3. For me, it really all depends on how disciplined Dean can get McGinn to be in that midfield. If we see anything like we did earlier last season, then it's a no from me. 

That's the thing. I hate the idea of taking that bit of attacking instinct from McGinn. He does it so well. That first game of the season, I know that Tottenham defender was so confused when McGinn came roaring past the halfway line. 

Mcginn definitely needs more positional sense.  He can get fixated on the ball at times and totally lose track of the opposition.  Could  he get to Gattuso's level?  I would love it but I just can't see it. 

It's a difficult decision, no doubt. I honestly think it comes down to who can be bought for cheaper. One winger and a midfielder, which would keep Jack on the left. Or 2 wingers, which would move Jack to the middle. 

Attackers tend to cost the most and we already have to buy another striker. I just can't see us spending the funds needed for a whole new front 3. I'd rather spend big on 2 attackers and shore up the midfield with Prem level vet. Wil Hughes was top ten for successful tackles this past season. Someone like him. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

So in the entire history of football a manager has never taken a player and said "player x you used to play here but I'm going to play you over there." Then that player goes onto flourish. 

image.thumb.jpeg.42531714fd0037fce5f4282dd68b288f.jpeg

• Like 2

Way out of our league but we could do with someone like Milinkovic-Savic

spacer.png

Not necessarily a DM, but a strong physical presence who would benefit us in certain games and prevent us being overpowered etc.

Someone with an eye for a pass and shot at goal (unlike Nakamba).

Let’s sort that front 3 first though! Starting with Rashica 😉

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

“All but done”. Nonsense. Just so they can say “oh well I didn’t say 100%” if it doesn’t happen. Also he’s on his holidays. Doubt he’d sign off on anything his agent has agreed without actually being talked through it all, having toured the facilities and met all the relevant folk??

These guys are all just full of shit. 

Not disagreeing with you but very much doubt meeting Doris the tea lady before he signs is a deal breaker to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Way out of our league but we could do with someone like Milinkovic-Savic

spacer.png

Not necessarily a DM, but a strong physical presence who would benefit us in certain games and prevent us being overpowered etc.

Someone with an eye for a pass and shot at goal (unlike Nakamba).

Let’s sort that front 3 first though! Starting with Rashica 😉

Shane he would cost the better part of 100 million though. 

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

HairyHands (@hairyhands5) Tweeted:
Ollie Watkins to Villa all but done. Announcement next week. Fee agreed and personal terms done. Paperwork to be signed off. 🤝 #avfc

🤔

I only posted this because of the username. Damn tweet **** up tho yo! 

14 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Here we are having survived and when I see this goal I still get mad about losing this match the way we did.

Classic villa wasn’t it.

First home game after promotion, whole ground buzzing, give away a really silly penalty within a minute.

• Like 2

I’m assuming that John Percy tweeted about Ollie Watkins to Villa when mentioning the £18m release clause.

Now im wondering whether he/The DT then denied the release clause bit because the ONLY way they would have known that is from DS?

So, IF he does sign and it’s this ‘undisclosed fee’ BS then I reckon that £18m release clause was right.

(Alternatively, this is my way of rationalising we can’t possibly spend the £25m on him Brentford are asking.......)

Edited by rayk

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Guilbert got outpaced by Sterling, Dnepro, Maximin to name a few. Those players are quick. Traore is a fifa cheat player. Could be an Olympic sprinter. No one compares to him in football when it comes to pace. If Guilbert gets outpaced by quick players he can't be that quick can he?!

Sorry but as far as premier league fullbacks are concerned Targett is slow!

To give you a factual answer... He can be. He just got outpaced by faster players.

Like I say, I don’t think we’re agreeing on this point. So we may as well leave it.

Good luck in your hopes for a left back that replaces our £14m leftback, while we also need to strengthen multiple other positions. :P:)

We need to up our game lads .

Sports journalism is pathetic, bunch of arse wipes that scour social media and forums, then use their peanut brains to fabricate bullshit stories, most cant bloody spell, stupid clearings in the woods.

Anyway, if we up our bullshit on here then the pro's might print some decent quality articles.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Here we are having survived and when I see this goal I still get mad about losing this match the way we did.

It would make you a whole lot madder if we had gone down

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

You keep posting these but nothing keeps happening 😂

He also posted that Smith had been sacked and it would be announced by 22:00........about 6 weeks ago. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We need to up our game lads .

Sports journalism is pathetic, bunch of arse wipes that scour social media and forums, then use their peanut brains to fabricate bullshit stories, most cant bloody spell, stupid clearings in the woods.

Anyway, if we up our bullshit on here then the pro's might print some decent quality articles.

Funnily enough I was just finishing a round of golf at the belfry this afternoon and was coming out of the club and held the door open for this slight foreign chapwearing a T-shirt under his  shirt, in response to me holding the door open for him he said hvala vam

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2