Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Philip Billing,

I’d stay away from him. Hasn’t he been relegated twice in a row. Now it’s probably not all down to him, but I’m always sceptical about people with records like that

12 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Tonight we find out if we can start doing business with Brentford. 

Yes if the worse happens Watkins will be sold and even if we go up Benrahma will be off Chelsea seem  favourites.I believe we have replacements already lined up.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d stay away from him. Hasn’t he been relegated twice in a row. Now it’s probably not all down to him, but I’m always sceptical about people with records like that

Jack Grealish was one point away from that same record. EDIT: no he wasn't—not two in a row, but I mean, it doesn't necessarily mean he's no good. He looked good against us, but I think that's a dangerous way to be judging players!

Edited by Rolta

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

My opinion is that we desperately need a physical presence in the middle of the park, a player who is a good free kick taker as well as being good enough to be a starter for us in every game, a really rapid winger, a top striker and then some bargains like karlan grant who we should definitely go for 5 goals in 13 for an anemic Huddersfield attack is nothing to scoff at in the prem. 

Teun Koopmeiners

Musa Barrow

Milot Rashica

They're all achievable. Someone mentioned Tammy and I can't stop imagining how good it would be. Brings everything we want, most importantly work rate from the front, so hard to find.

Agree with Grant as well, definitely should be after him.

NOne or two ex-Villa players I'd consider. The first is Ashley Young. he's on lona at inter and of course would be on a fair bit of wedge but if Inter aren't going to buy then it's clear Man u are keen to move him on. That leaves us with an (albeit small) opening. There will be little option for him in the current top 6 or Wolves in 7th. Arsenal? possibly by Tierney has upped his game and they won't have him down their left. So, he's looking further down the chain given his age. I think we could tempt him if we could persuade jack to stay. I'm not saying playing him at wing-back as I think targett has done enough to give him the shirt next season. But left-mid/wing? I think that there's a spot their for him.

I know this would really split opinion but depending on his injuries I would look at delph. Would he improve our squad depth? Absolutely. If he's now permanently injured then no point but, Delph or Nakamba?

13 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Yes if the worse happens Watkins will be sold and even if we go up Benrahma will be off Chelsea seem  favourites.I believe we have replacements already lined up.

Who are these replacements you got lined up? Let our manager know will you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

LB is low priority. I'd be surprised.  W, ST, W, MF, RB are the most pressing.

You see I think it’s the other way around. Targett has been a bit of a liability defensively and dare I say a bottle job from time to time, going off injured only to play the following weekend.

Konsa looked good as a right back and a full season there could do wonders for his development. Have guilbert as a back up and bring in a commanding centre back to play alongside mings and we will be solid if nothing else which has been an issue.

Targett gives cover at LB and dare I say LW? Wouldn’t be the worst move ever

• Like 1

Lb is definitely a need. Targett is OK but flakey in defence, picks up knocks regularly and we need to finally move Taylor on. I'd say we'll upgrade both full back positions with Guilbert and Targett the back ups.

5 minutes ago, peterw said:

NOne or two ex-Villa players I'd consider. The first is Ashley Young. he's on lona at inter and of course would be on a fair bit of wedge but if Inter aren't going to buy then it's clear Man u are keen to move him on. That leaves us with an (albeit small) opening. There will be little option for him in the current top 6 or Wolves in 7th. Arsenal? possibly by Tierney has upped his game and they won't have him down their left. So, he's looking further down the chain given his age. I think we could tempt him if we could persuade jack to stay. I'm not saying playing him at wing-back as I think targett has done enough to give him the shirt next season. But left-mid/wing? I think that there's a spot their for him.

I know this would really split opinion but depending on his injuries I would look at delph. Would he improve our squad depth? Absolutely. If he's now permanently injured then no point but, Delph or Nakamba?

No to Young.  We are hopefully looking to improve the starting 11 and i don't think he would.   I'm undecided on Delph.  He'd split the fan base for sure.  Would certainly add experience but again don't see him (or Nakamba) as regulars in the first time starting line up.

9 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

You see I think it’s the other way around. Targett has been a bit of a liability defensively and dare I say a bottle job from time to time, going off injured only to play the following weekend.

What do you imagine happens in that bit in bold that makes him a bottle job? I mean, does he bottle wanting to play so he pretends to have an injury? I don't get it. And the manger is OK with that? I don't believe this scenario exists. 

Anyway, yeah I forgot about Konsa at RB. I was OK with him there—I think  Guilbert is OK and has potential, but I think he goes missing big time on the ball when we're under pressure (his tackling is OK, if a bit last-gasp). He might grow out of that with more experience and in a better team. In contrast, Targett is comfortable on the ball and I'd argue is one of the few players who doesn't bottle it. He's got Premier League quality and he's the least of our problems. Just look at his chance-created stat. He might be lacking a bit of pace, but he's not slow. He's just not lightning quick. He's also been an integral part to one of the better defences (statistically, based on the screenshot on some other thread) since the lockdown. He's a good player.

Edited by Rolta

43 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think Adama Traore has been relegated twice in a row too (us and then ‘Boro). But he’s now become a very good player.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Tonight we find out if we can start doing business with Brentford. 

I hope you have a large amount in your war chest, we know what price we want, and we rarely waiver on it, are you prepared to pay the asking price this time round, or are you going to miss the boat again?

• Like 1

Dwight McNeil anyone? Trickery, only 20, would be a bit of a ‘statement’ as European clubs have looked at him, and it’d weaken Burnley.

I heard a lot about us being Prem experience, but I’m not seeing many Prem names being mentioned!

• Like 2