Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

36 minutes ago, Rolta said:

What do you imagine happens in that bit in bold that makes him a bottle job? I mean, does he bottle wanting to play so he pretends to have an injury? I don't get it. And the manger is OK with that? I don't believe this scenario exists. 

Anyway, yeah I forgot about Konsa at RB. I was OK with him there—I think  Guilbert is OK and has potential, but I think he goes missing big time on the ball when we're under pressure (his tackling is OK, if a bit last-gasp). He might grow out of that with more experience and in a better team. In contrast, Targett is comfortable on the ball and I'd argue is one of the few players who doesn't bottle it. He's got Premier League quality and he's the least of our problems. Just look at his chance-created stat. He might be lacking a bit of pace, but he's not slow. He's just not lightning quick. He's also been an integral part to one of the better defences (statistically, based on the screenshot on some other thread) since the lockdown. He's a good player.

Highlighted was my impression yes. To me when the going gets tough he seems to get going. Pretty sure there were two such occasions this season where he came off injured and was fit the following week. Can’t remember the games off the top of my head, wolves away was one I believe.

to clarify I don’t mind him as a footballer, very good left foot and good going forward but I definitely wouldn’t turn down an improvement there just based on my perception of the mental side of his game, which in fairness just could be my incorrect perception. Maybe I’m being harsh

30 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'm not sure on our budget but let's say it's around £100-120mil (hopefully it's a bit more), we'll probably be looking at 5 players at an average of £20-25mil per player.

I remember Purslow saying that we had used our budget to the max last summer, and that this summer wouldn't have much spending.

Can't see us spending much more than £50 million before we hit FFP constraints.

Targett can be improved upon but he's been good enough that it isn't a priority imo. Has good numbers for interceptions etc and as far as I remember was in the top 3 left backs in the league for chances created?

There was one occasion where he literally received a concussion in a game and he was accused of bottling it, another where he went off and subsequently missed 2 or 3 games with a hamstring injury but had the same accusation against him. Think he gets a rough deal sometimes on that front.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

No to Young.  We are hopefully looking to improve the starting 11 and i don't think he would.   I'm undecided on Delph.  He'd split the fan base for sure.  Would certainly add experience but again don't see him (or Nakamba) as regulars in the first time starting line up.

Delph is finished, Everton fans think he has been a crap signing and just points at people

Young on the other hand would walk into our team but think is signing longer at Inter

Edited by Zatman

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I remember Purslow saying that we had used our budget to the max last summer, and that this summer wouldn't have much spending.

There are no ffp constraints.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes there are, it's just that this year's quota is being combined with next year and assessed as a two-year period. There is also some kind of "ignore costs we lost because of loss of income due to to Covid" which I guess could be creatively interpreted in many ways.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Has Jeff Hendrick committed to going anywhere yet? On a free isn’t he?

Good shout ! be a decent squad player for us ................ on a free as well I think

Id do the same with Ryan Fraser

two solid additions for me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

FFP hasn't just disappeared. they've just slightly relaxed it for this season and allowed some loss of income to be ignored.

It might give us a few million extra wiggle room, but we'll have lost income as well, so it pretty much balances out. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Demarai Gray, David Brooks, Rico Henry, Emiliano Buendia, Ebere Eze, Ismail Sarr, Todd Cantwell, Philip Billing, Said Benrahma, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Milot Rashica

Just a random list of players that I think we should be looking at to go with the unknown YouTube superstars we’ve all never heard of. 

The majority of them are all losers, ie got relegated from the premiership. 

i know as Villa fans, we have been used to shopping for Bargains for the past 12 or so years. 

I think we should get out of that mentality now.  With ffp restrictions probably being non existent this window due to covid, I think alot of villa fans are going to be surprised the calibre of players we go for.  Especially with the murmurs coming out regards the owners ambition.

We want to move to the top quicker, we need to take advantage of ffp relaxation.

6 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Good shout ! be a decent squad player for us ................ on a free as well I think

Id do the same with Ryan Fraser

two solid additions for me

Lansbury > Hendrick

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

There are no FFP constraints, it's been waived this year. 

1 hour ago, peterw said:

NOne or two ex-Villa players I'd consider. The first is Ashley Young. he's on lona at inter and of course would be on a fair bit of wedge but if Inter aren't going to buy then it's clear Man u are keen to move him on. That leaves us with an (albeit small) opening. There will be little option for him in the current top 6 or Wolves in 7th. Arsenal? possibly by Tierney has upped his game and they won't have him down their left. So, he's looking further down the chain given his age. I think we could tempt him if we could persuade jack to stay. I'm not saying playing him at wing-back as I think targett has done enough to give him the shirt next season. But left-mid/wing? I think that there's a spot their for him.

I know this would really split opinion but depending on his injuries I would look at delph. Would he improve our squad depth? Absolutely. If he's now permanently injured then no point but, Delph or Nakamba?

Its a big no from me, to both of them! 

24 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He meant for the Jan window and again they were planning for us to be relegated. Now we have survived then I expect us to spending north of £100m this summer 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Agree with the thinking that we shouldn’t get rid of or replace too many players but whoever we sign has to be a lot better than what we already have in certain positions, especially in attack.

GK- Heaton (Steer backup, get rid of Nyland & Kalinic). I think we need another, Foster to compete with Heaton?

RB - Guilbert (I like him and he will improve, maybe time for Elmo to move on and get someone younger in to compete)

CB - Mings

CB - Konsa (looking good, not a fan of Hause at all & I wonder whether we can/will reintegrate Engels. We may well need a new CB but, again, has to be better than what we have. Not a priority though, attack has to be strengthened more than anything)

LB - Targett (please let’s get rid of Taylor now, again not the greatest priority but it would be great if we can get someone to compete with Targett and maybe someone stronger defensively and physically who we can rotate depending on the game/opposition. We need viable options in every position)

CMs - McGinn & Luiz partnership (we could do with another option of comparable quality. Nakamba is very limited, Hourihane is not a dependable starter. Get rid of Lansbury)

AM - Grealish (he’s too good & irreplaceable, I have faith he will stay and we need to demonstrate ambition with our transfer targets. Also need someone who can alternate and fill in. A talented forward/winger could cover this position also)

LW - Someone new and a massive improvement on what we have. Crucial that we get this right.

RW - As above

(Trez & El Ghazi are simply not good enough at this level but not bad for squad depth)

CF - Need to make a statement signing here. Again, crucial.

(I have faith that Wesley will be good for us but we need better as our first choice, someone we can depend on for goals. Don’t rate Samatta, wouldn’t be fussed if he was let go but we would need at least another striker. No offence, but Davis cannot be getting games for us if we want to be an established PL side. Needs to go out on loan to develop and learn how to score goals.)

We have a lot of work to do in transfer market, need to aim high and give ourselves the best chance at having a good season. We have to try and establish ourselves and become a mainstay of the PL at least.

Ciro Immobile?