Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes, a solid and experienced addition. Probably knows SJM fairly well too - Scotland isn't that big..

I seem to remember they were roommates for international games. 

His attitude this year does worry me but if we did go for him I'd trust McGinn had been spoken to and knows him well enough to allay any fears. If there was a fee to be paid I'd want us to steer clear. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC

1 minute ago, John said:

How much do you think that you would ask for Benrahma? Would £30m-£35m do it?

Pity if he has to be sold, if you do get up though. Hope your boys find their form again tonight.  

Thanks, but I think our lads have run themselves into the ground with 8 wins on the trot and have nothing left in the tank, I've got my fingers crosses for to night, but not holding my breath, in a strange way I enjoy the Championship, but would still like to get promoted to enable to watch the Premiership in our new stadium.

As for the Benrahma price, we all no that any prices quoted are generated and fueled by the press, I'm sure Brentford will settle for what price they put on his head, with perhaps a little wiggle room, the price paid will only truly be found when next seasons accounts are published, prices you see quoted must be taken with a pinch of salt, and would only give a rough guide,  if he goes anywhere, my wife being a long term Villa supporter of 60 years, hopes he comes to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

what do we really want with brentford tonight ?.........them to play poorly and get beat ?.......catch 22 id like to see potential signings have a great game but dont think it will benefit us if they do with the whole world watching 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yep Lansbury is better than the lad who has 90 something appearances in the PL over the last 3 seasons.

Im all for peoples opinions, but same as you, to say Lansbury is a better option than Hendrick just baffles me totally

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yep Lansbury is better than the lad who has 90 something appearances in the PL over the last 3 seasons.

Laughable isn’t it?

Many fans called our our recruitment, saying we needed more Prem experience. But when genuine (but unspectacular) Prem players are mentioned, they’re scoffed at. 

If it was some silky winger from a more fashionable club then I’m sure it’d be accepted a bit more.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kidlewis said:

I think that’s too many tbh, 

1) I don’t think we will have the transfer budget for £20m a pop signings

2) We don’t want Half a new squad to try and bed in together for the style we want to play. 
unless we are Happy to give smith another half season to get anything to click. 

4 really good signings should be what we need

striker 

CM

LB

CB

if they’re all straight up first teamers that is.

£100m across those four. 

Well only 4 signings shows me that you dont mind watching another relegation battle believe me we need 6 signings minimum. Not sure how the majority of fans wont see it this way 

LB - Targett is not solid enough if we want to get further up the table 

CB - we cannot !! rely on konsa however he has stepped up this season but its a risk

CM - Mcginn has dropped off and we need someone to compete if that happens

RW - Trezeguet Not good enough even though he did a fantastic job in saving us 

LW - Non existent unless you play grealish in this position.. el ghazi to be sold 

CF -  Desperately needed , wesley nowhere near good enough atm or reliable to bank on 

That’s without even considering our goalkeeping options but i am happy to go ahead with Heaton

HAHA no way we are gonna spend less than  £100 million to secure those positions so we will definitely HAVE to surpass that figure 

Abraham - 30-40 Mill easy

Respectable Winger  - 25/35 Mill

So we will have to go hard on one of the flank signings.

And spend on the rest as well as we can  

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gillz said:

Ryan Fraser: 120 PL games - 16 goals and 29 assists. 

Could do a lot worse for on a free

Questions about his professionalism thou.

Looks a bit unfit, only applied himself for half of this season and refused to commit himself to helping his club avoid relegation.

Has ability on his day but does he have the drive? Had a really poor season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well only 4 signings shows me that you dont mind watching another relegation battle believe me we need 6 signings minimum. Not sure how the majority of fans wont see it this way 

LB - Targett is not solid enough if we want to get further up the table 

CB - we cannot !! rely on konsa however he has stepped up this season but its a risk

CM - Mcginn has dropped off and we need someone to compete if that happens

RW - Trezeguet Not good enough even though he did a fantastic job in saving us 

LW - Non existent unless you play grealish in this position.. el ghazi to be sold 

CF -  Desperately needed , wesley nowhere near good enough atm or reliable to bank on 

That’s without even considering our goalkeeping options but i am happy to go ahead with Heaton

How have you forgotten about how hard it is to bed in loads of entirely new players already? 

It doesn't work. We need to keep and play Konsa, McGinn, Wesley, and Targett. They're all good enough for where we are at the moment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

Good shout ! be a decent squad player for us

We don't need squad players, we need players who are automatic starters. Hourihane, Nakamba are squad players that we probably won't be able to sell. We need at least one CM to play beside Luiz and McGinn. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How have you forgotten about how hard it is to bed in loads of entirely new players already? 

It doesn't work. We need to keep and play Konsa, McGinn, Wesley, and Targett. They're all good enough for where we are at the moment. 

Where we are at the moment, Mate we dont want to stay where we are the moment we need to improve and cement ourselves,  6 players is not a lot of players especially when I haven’t mentioned them all starting at the same time, you need to look at transfer windows and see most clubs average 6 signings even the clubs that dont need to even improve .. believe me its a MUST! So yes we need 6!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wanted Brentford up when I was sure we were going down. Forget that now.

It's good Brom are up as they'll be down in the bottom 5 all season.

Order of preference from playoffs would be: Cardiff, Swansea, Fulham, Brentford.

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Jack Grealish was one point away from that same record. EDIT: no he wasn't—not two in a row, but I mean, it doesn't necessarily mean he's no good. He looked good against us, but I think that's a dangerous way to be judging players!

In the home game he looked awful. He should have been sent off and was hauled off at half time. 

Yes there may be the exception to the rule, but having 2 relegations in 2 years can’t do a lot for the mental state of a player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Sarr's being linked to Man Utd and Liverpool, whenever I've watched Watford he's looked just as dangerous as Adama has for Wolves, don't think they will let him go cheaply, can see them wanting at least £40m for him, if not more than that.

£40m would be a lot... I think given their position and Sarr’s first season being a bit hit and miss they would probably take £30m which is what they spent I think. 
I would love us to get in early and really sell the project to him. He’ll be starting every week for us, but can’t see that happening at Plop or Utd.

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Where we are at the moment, Mate we dont want to stay where we are the moment we need to improve and cement ourselves,  6 players is not a lot of players especially when I haven’t mentioned them all starting at the same time, you need to look at transfer windows and see most clubs average 6 signings even the clubs that dont need to even improve .. believe me its a MUST! So yes we need 6!!!!!

Clubs do not, on average,  replace six first team players a season. That's nuts and it's the reason we struggled so much at the beginning of the season - this time we don't have to do it and we absolutely shouldn't. 

In any case, where we are 'now' is somewhat subjective, and our form in the last 10 games or so is not that of a relegation battler. We need two attacking first team players MAX, as things stand. Beyond that, getting in a couple of decent squad players could be an option, but rocking the boat massively is madness. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think we need options as well though.  When I looked at our bench this season it looked so weak.  

We should keep the players we have in the first 11-18 but add quality 6 players as per RicRic laid out.  

Not all will play straight away in the first 11 but will keep players on their toes.  

Plus our team currently was only good enough just to avoid relegation.  Our attack was woeful outside of Jack and arguably Wes.  We need a better front line of at least two players, a striker and another creative outlet rather than just relying on Jack.

Our midfield is currently McGinn, Luiz and another.  Wouldn’t it be good if the “another” was more certain.

Our defence at the end was solid but we struggled so much through the season, making mistakes, conceding shots that to not address that or have options would be criminal.  Konsa was superb at the end but would I trust Hause and Engels, I’m not sure.

This is without Even discussing future injuries, we need to be covered for that.  Losing McGinn and Wes hurt us.

I know the number suggesting sounds a lot but for me it’s adding to what we have rather creating from scratch like last season.

• Like 3

Just now, nick76 said:

I think we need options as well though.  When I looked at our bench this season it looked so weak.  

We should keep the players we have in the first 11-18 but add quality 6 players as per RicRic laid out.  

Not all will play straight away in the first 11 but will keep players on their toes.  

Plus our team currently was only good enough just to avoid relegation.  Our attack was woeful outside of Jack and arguably Wes.  We need a better front line of at least two players, a striker and another creative outlet rather than just relying on Jack.

Our midfield is currently McGinn, Luiz and another.  Wouldn’t it be good if the “another” was more certain.

Our defence at the end was solid but we struggled so much through the season, making mistakes, conceding shots that to not address that or have options would be criminal.  Konsa was superb at the end but would I trust Hause and Engels, I’m not sure.

This is without Even discussing future injuries, we need to be covered for that.  Losing McGinn and Wes hurt us.

I know the number suggesting sounds a lot but for me it’s adding to what we have rather creating from scratch like last season.

Nothing wrong with squad options, but we need a solid and settled spine to work with - I'd move Jack into McGinn's role and McGinn into Hourihane's, keeping Luiz where he is. Wesley as striker, 2 wingers/attacking players to come in. I wouldn't touch the first XI outside of the that. 

24 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Ryan Fraser: 120 PL games - 16 goals and 29 assists. 

Could do a lot worse for on a free

Dogshit last season. I thought we were moving past these mediocrity signings? Glad new owners look like not go through this BS rinse and repeat dinosaur approach to transfers