Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Wonder which poor clubs are going to cave in and offer Joe Hart, Aaron Lennon, Tom Carroll, Jack Colback and Steven Fletcher contracts :D 

There are some less depressing British names on the "free" market like Matty Longstaff, Angel Gomes, Ryan Fraser, sure they will have more to chose from.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The majority of them are all losers, ie got relegated from the premiership. 

i know as Villa fans, we have been used to shopping for Bargains for the past 12 or so years. 

I think we should get out of that mentality now.  With ffp restrictions probably being non existent this window due to covid, I think alot of villa fans are going to be surprised the calibre of players we go for.  Especially with the murmurs coming out regards the owners ambition.

We want to move to the top quicker, we need to take advantage of ffp relaxation.

It's still there, they are combining this season and next season together, if teams spend huge sums now they will have nothing left for next season purchases, remember, no team is now flush, no income since March and very little income to come in before Xmas time, if not longer, it's going to be a lean all round for everyone, sadly some lower league teams might well go to the wall.

Just now, jonjon said:

they are combining this season and next season together, if teams spend huge sums now they will have nothing left for next season purchases

I don't get it - this would mean the same in practice as not combining two seasons? Don't they combine 3 seasons in one period anyway? 

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

It's still there, they are combining this season and next season together, if teams spend huge sums now they will have nothing left for next season purchases, remember, no team is now flush, no income since March and very little income to come in before Xmas time, if not longer, it's going to be a lean all round for everyone, sadly some lower league teams might well go to the wall.

Haven't man City put the nail in the coffin of ffp?, they blatantly broke the rules and just got away with a small fine in the end....

Teams just need to replicate what man City did and they should be fine :)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Haven't man City put the nail in the coffin of ffp?, they blatantly broke the rules and just got away with a small fine in the end....

Teams just need to replicate what man City did and they should be fine :)

UEFA FFP, the PL FFP is a separate thing.

The UEFA FFP is being relaxed, not sure how it is with the PL and EFL FFP.

Edit: Imagine someone reading that sentence 10 years ago, they'd be flabbergasted. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

There are some less depressing British names on the "free" market like Matty Longstaff, Angel Gomes, Ryan Fraser, sure they will have more to chose from.

Didn't realise they were all available, they'd all add something decent to the squad.

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

(Pinch of salt with the link needed)

Honestly never heard of him but a quick Mooney reveals he’s a 27yr old french left back.

maybe a replacement for Taylor to add competition for Targett?

Appreciate it’s a twitter link so necessary levels of belief required. 

Pretty sure that account is just another liar. I've not been that impressed with Roussillon whenever I've seen him though, certainly not £25m impressed. I'd probably say Targett is the better player of the two.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hendrick is a meh player, offers less than Hourihane

I think he is an improvement in many ways on Hourihane. Hourihane offers a very definite threat from set pieces however Hendrick is a bit more skillful and mobile. On average I think he pips Hourihane. I think he would be decent and on a free,worth the punt. He had a very good Euros in 2016 but since then hasn't been up to much. I think if he was employed in CM more often and not off the front man like MON used to do with Ireand or on the right like Dyche did at Burnley then he'd rediscover a bit of that form.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I don't get it - this would mean the same in practice as not combining two seasons? Don't they combine 3 seasons in one period anyway? 

I'm only quoting from the UAFA website:     "The break-even assessment of club finances for 2020 will be postponed, and looked at alongside the financial year 2021". I read that its just the 2 seasons, unless I've misinterpreted it.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wonder if Wout Weghorst be a player we could target. Good record in Germany and has good physique for Premier League

Yes, yes and yes again. He's absolutely made for this league. Great hold up play and superb finisher. If we could get him and wingers who can cross the ball to him he'd score loads.

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

I hope you have a large amount in your war chest, we know what price we want, and we rarely waiver on it, are you prepared to pay the asking price this time round, or are you going to miss the boat again?

How much do you think that you would ask for Benrahma? Would £30m-£35m do it?

Pity if he has to be sold, if you do get up though. Hope your boys find their form again tonight.  

3 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Lansbury the man who has hardly kicked a ball for 3 seasons.??

Yep Lansbury is better than the lad who has 90 something appearances in the PL over the last 3 seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

I'm only quoting from the UAFA website:     "The break-even assessment of club finances for 2020 will be postponed, and looked at alongside the financial year 2021". I read that its just the 2 seasons, unless I've misinterpreted it.

Cheers - I struggle understanding FFP at. best of times. I interpret that to mean if you're over FFP due to losses incurred in 2020 then there'll be no punishment and the chance to account for it the following season. So you're right - it's not a excuse for clubs to go crazy. Pity!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Good shout ! be a decent squad player for us ................ on a free as well I think

Id do the same with Ryan Fraser

two solid additions for me

Yes, a solid and experienced addition. Probably knows SJM fairly well too - Scotland isn't that big..

8 minutes ago, sne said:

UEFA FFP, the PL FFP is a separate thing.

The UEFA FFP is being relaxed, not sure how it is with the PL and EFL FFP.

Edit: Imagine someone reading that sentence 10 years ago, they'd be flabbergasted. 

Im trying to get my head around that......